• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling it all...

• Thread starter ~Antzy~Pantz~
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Unfortunatly I was taken advantage of lastnight and lost 300m in the process.
I have an idea of who it was but im not here to point fingers. Im not going to go into details I just want everyone to be warned. I have seen things like this posted several times and thought to myself "this could never happen to me, I'm to careful". Don't always be so sure. The best of friend or guildmate could turn on you in a heartbeat.
Anyways, long story short, this is now the end for me. I have left FOA and i'm selling off everything on my account. I am selling everything for gold and the gold will then be given away.
I am working on a list of items now so keep checking back for updates.

Bubbles....

N

Nastia Cross

So sorry to hear this, Bubbles. I've had some shady things happen to me as well so I know exactly how you feel. I'll be on AIM all day today (Nastia Cross) if you want to drop me a message.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
NOOOOOOOooo!!!! Who is going to teach me how to PvP? Who is going to make me crack up on the forums? :-( I am sorry to hear about what happened to you but, please don't go. You make me :sad2:

IdotheGoblin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ido sworry somebodies tooks that much feets warmers. :sad2: You wants me to pees on der leg fors youse?

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Karma is a b*tch
Has nothing to do with karma. I have never takin anything that was not given to me. I could pick up and move right along and keep playing but im chosing not too, 300m is just a bunch of change in my uo world, there is plenty more...

Everclear-IFC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has nothing to do with karma. I have never takin anything that was not given to me. I could pick up and move right along and keep playing but im chosing not too, 300m is just a bunch of change in my uo world, there is plenty more...

I don't want to go through your list of e-boyfriends you've screwed over, but okay, you don't take anything that you weren't given.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to laugh at you, but I've seen some of the familiar cross shard names sporting the FoA tag lately. I wouldn't trust some of those guys with access to a pot chest that I keep stocked with only 1k at a time.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Not to laugh at you, but I've seen some of the familiar cross shard names sporting the FoA tag lately. I wouldn't trust some of those guys with access to a pot chest that I keep stocked with only 1k at a time.
I agree with you Lynk. I have not played since I seen some of the guys they had recruited. Will just be time now before everyone in FOA is without this or that... their choice tho.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you Lynk. I have not played since I seen some of the guys they had recruited. Will just be time now before everyone in FOA is without this or that... their choice tho.
The ones I refer to have people transferring to Chessy already. Once their full team is here they will try to steal any talent that they can for their own guild.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry that that happened dude! Can we talk you out of leaving? Please dont leave cos of an idiot who thinks its cool to steal virtual items...

Stay?

P

Phineas le Monge

Sorry about your loss and decision to leave. But I am curious - how did they get access to steal that much? Would like to make sure it doesn't happen to me...:sad3:

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunatly I was taken advantage of lastnight and lost 300m in the process.
I have an idea of who is was but im not here to point fingers. Im not going to go into details I just want everyone to be warned. I have seen things like this posted several times and thought to myself "this could never happen to me, I'm to careful". Don't always be so sure. The best of friend or guildmate could turn on you in a heartbeat.
Anyways, long story short, this is now the end for me. I have left FOA and i'm selling off everything on my account. I am selling everything for gold and the gold will then be given away.
I am working on a list of items now so keep checking back for updates.

Bubbles....
that does stink, but u quiting just makes them do what they wanted to do. u can rebuild in uo so fast this is like the swine flu it happens everywere, someone on pac just got his acc an castle jacked by a friend of his that played with him for upteen years. i just started playen on chessy an i feel u could rebuild bro. quiting is the easy way out dont let that trash beat u. show him u are bigger an better then quiting an as far as these cross sharders go lynk is right they will destroy your guild, i have seen it on pac supr/thc.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Still working on what im going to be selling. Selling the keep for sure, its in fel, i'll post screenshots of where as soon as I get to my computer.
I have always said in the 7 years I have played that if I were to ever be hacked or scammed that would be the end for me. It's not the other person winning because there is still lots of money in my banks, its the point. I don't like hackers/cheaters and I refuse to be a part of them. I have not made my final decission yet but either way I'm still selling off most of my stuff. I have not played in a few weeks now and honestly im not missing it. Who knows.....

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Left Foa already eh? Yea that's why I saw Bubbles with Foa tag pvping tonight. Did a char search on chessy. Came up with 4 Bubbles. 3 are in Foa the 4th wasn't in Foa but I'm sure thats not the op Bubbles since wasn't even red. Makes ya wonder if you even lost 300mil.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Left Foa already eh? Yea that's why I saw Bubbles with Foa tag pvping tonight. Did a char search on chessy. Came up with 4 Bubbles. 3 are in Foa the 4th wasn't in Foa but I'm sure thats not the op Bubbles since wasn't even red. Makes ya wonder if you even lost 300mil.
There are a couple of Bubbles in FoA and you really really think that the char search page is updated regularly????
Try looking up some of the new names you see around in fel lately, they don't show up either. You can take your foot out of your mouth now.

Bubbles, I am extremely sorry this happened to you and I hope whoever did it slowly rots away, starting with their appendages first.
I'd hate to see you leave and I hope you change your mind.
Take a bit of a vacation from UO maybe. Place your valuables in your bankboxes, change your pw and email and give it some time before you close your acct.
If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Bubbles was very calm and did not point fingers to anyone. I would
suggest taking a investigators class before making accusations.

Now go ask the Goblins for some Ice Cream. Tell them Gareth will take care of payment.
(Neglects to tell them Goblins give it away for free)

L

Luna Rossa

I don't know you but completely understand how you are feeling. My friend and I lost 2 house full of rares (we were making a museum and library) and also her castle all in one swoop.

She wanted to quit then too but I would not let her. I said in a way that means "they have won" and I was not about to let her give up the fight and I wish you would not either.

I have lost more rares and things over the 8 years then I care to recall either do to UO reverts, my own stupidity of forgetting to lock things down, that hack job, etc. and each time it felt like something died in me.

But I came back and I am here now on Chesapeake and feel almost like I am starting over and Gareth and everyone have been so kind. Please, rethink this and if there is anything any of us can do please shout.

I do not pvp but I do believe in defending ones self so I would urge you not to give up the fight. Just change the battle! Do not let them "win"!

Lady Luna Rossa of S@GE

asamdan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sorry to hear you are leaving...but dont give in to fast. I was hacked back in 02. Lost 3 houses all items in the banks everything. It was my ex-husband who had stolen everything and at the time I thought I was never going to play again....but I took some time off...about 3 months....and came back and rebuilt what I had 10 times over. I always said I would come back and have revenge on him every time i see him in Fel....and I do. Get the last laugh...dont quit. Youve always been very good to me when you see me by your house... :)

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Well for some reason I have a fan club of people who named their chars after mine. I was not the only Bubbles in FOA.. the original Bubbles but not the only.
All of my chars were pulled from the guild yesterday..
As for you not believing that I lost 300m I could careless... I didn't come here to try and get gold from anyone, I still have plenty. I posted here to warn people to be more careful and to say my goodbyes. Now if you are done then move along to the guardzone [which I am assuming is where you hide since I dont recall ever seeing your name before], you will be much safer there!

Anymore assumptions?

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see you go, especially because some jerks seem to think its fun to scam others out of what they worked for.
Hope you to see you back soon.
Good luck to you in what ever you do.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol why would Bubbles lie about something like this ... what would be the point?

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for some reason I have a fan club of people who named their chars after mine. I was not the only Bubbles in FOA.. the original Bubbles but not the only.
All of my chars were pulled from the guild yesterday..
As for you not believing that I lost 300m I could careless... I didn't come here to try and get gold from anyone, I still have plenty. I posted here to warn people to be more careful and to say my goodbyes. Now if you are done then move along to the guardzone [which I am assuming is where you hide since I dont recall ever seeing your name before], you will be much safer there!

Anymore assumptions?

Assumptions? Who is making assumptions? Not me. I'm not the one coming to the boards talking about losing 300 mil but yet wont give any details. I never assumed nothing. I saw Bubbles in game. Fact. I did char search for Bubbles on chessy. Fact. Came up with 3 Bubbles in Foa. Fact. Now did I say you were asking for handouts? No. Obviously people can't read because I never said that. Besides everyone knows not to ask for money if you get "hacked" or "scammed" if you will. People will be sympathetic and offer things to people that lost things. So no need to ask. Did I say or assume that you lied about losing 300 mil? No. I said and I'll quote because there is dumb people here who like to twist peoples words into what they think the words mean. "Makes ya wonder if you even lost 300 mil" Now if you can actually read(which it seems you can't) Those words do not say you are lieing at all. If I was gonna say you were lieing I would have said...."You didn't lose anything you liar" Now then that would have been calling you a liar. So wake up and read what people write. The words I type are literal. I don't make riddles when I write so don't change the meaning of my words.
Now for assuming things. Your assuming things by saying I probably hide in the guardzone. My stratics name is not any of my character names in game. I don't hide in the guardzone and never will.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep you chin up girl, and have a drink on me. :pint: Give it some time before you make your descision, We always regret what we regret.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" ~Abraham Lincoln

Besides if you drop out who will i give my insurance money to?

S

Sir Achilles

I wouldn't be surprised if it was FoA's GM, he's been known to do that before....I'm sorry Bubbles, we have had our differences but I wouldn't wish what happened to you on anyone. Hope you decide to stick around.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Okay I can see where this thread is going! Sorry Bubbles and no it was not the Gm of FoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.