• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Seige Templates and Suits

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm one of those folks who caught the "Invitation" thread on UHall. I'm thinking about giving Siege a try. I'm the type of person that likes to try researching up front and having at least an initial plan before I do anything. So I want to ask some questions about viable templates and suits on Seige.

I have two accounts and I am thinking about creating two characters on Siege. One would be an enabler (craftsman), the other would be my adventurer (sampire). Let me ask a few questions on each.

CRAFTSMAN
Is this a viable template on Siege for a crafter:
120 Imbuing
120 Blacksmithing
120 Tailoring
100 Mining
100 Arms Lore
100 Tinkering
60 Magery

The magery is only to use Gate Scrolls (or maybe with skill items actually cast gate). The rest of the skills should be pretty self explanatory. This would let me re-equip my character when items are lost. I admit ROT has me confused, but I am sure I will figure it out when I start training. From what I read, I can train all of these skills with far fewer resources on Siege (especially imbuing)... it just takes time. Oh, and this character would be a Gargoyle for the Queen's Soulforge bonus. So I may have to start more like a mage and then drop eval/med once I've killed enough sliths.

SAMPIRE
My favorite adventurer template in game is a sampire. I would build an elf (for the night sight and mana bonus). Template would be:
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
99 Necromancy
61 Chivalry

A couple of things have my concerned. This character is all about DCI. So my Siege bless would probably be on a pair of Fey Leggings. The rest of the gear would all be imbued (and thus replaceable). I would use leafblades for the feint and AI specials. I would need to get a swamp dragon and bond with it.

My biggest concerns with this template are how to travel (without sacred journey), and the jewelry which requires relic fragments. Do you have a recommendation on how to tweak the template so he can travel? Do you all literally run from place to place with warrior templates? I'd like to use this guy in Doom and champ spawns. And are relic frags sufficiently plentiful that I can recraft my jewelry? I need to keep 45 DCI on the char and as much HCI as I can get.

I will admit, that the more I think about this, I'm realizing the character will be far less capable than a prodo shard because I won't wear a conjurer trinket, crimson, a quiver of infinity, a conj garb (or condemned shard), because it won't be worth the risk to lose them. They are far too rare or take too much time to earn. This is tough for me because my gamer personality is an "achiever" and I am very much focused on killing bosses and getting drops. That's why I play UO. If getting a drop really is pointless because you can't use it, then... well that's my dilemma to figure out. Got any advice?

Ok, I appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the crafter and sampire I discussed. Just trying too get my plan together before I take the plunge and create my characters.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

CroakerTnT

The second template is quite viable, but you are right about the equipment problems.

Relics are pretty easy to farm when you can solo Melisande. Take everything and unravel it all. You'll usually get 3-10 relics per run.

As for getting around, you are kind-of stuck. You'll probably want to gate with your second character for most travel. However, the house teleporters help loads. Check out Kelmo's house just past the east umbra bridge. He's set up lots of them.

Also, join factions and keep a faction rune. It's a quick get-away and a fast way to get to your faction base of choice.

You can also greatly supplement your suit with faction armor - and some people will actually sell it back to you.

Good luck!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to play here religiously and had a sampire myself. I had the same template you listed except I used swords. I went balls to the wall with him. Used the conjurers trinket, robe, mace and shield glasses, ssi ring imbued, ssi cloak, and tinker leggings. It was risky, but I never died while I was out and about. The only time I died was silver farming and those few times I never equipped to the max.

Thing is, don't be afraid to run good gear. It's not insurable but there are still means of escaping. Join factions, use the runes. That was my primary method. If you are doing high vis stuff (like spawns) tone down your gear, but if you are fighting in the bottom of some dungeon, you are not going to be found. There currently are not enough players to roam the lands.

For getting around. I had 5 accounts. I would double client, hop on a mage and gate myself somewhere. Since you said you have two accounts, might as well do that.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three suggestions: One, join factions and use the faction fey legs to free up your Siege bless. Two, join a guild and let them gate you around. Three, don't get discouraged if you get killed and lose items. There are plenty of people here that will help you get back on your feet if that happens.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're not relying on hit spells a spell focusing sash can take the place of the quiver (for the 5 dci on back slot)..and heck even if you are if it's for pvm only, and only on stuff with high hp, it'll actually amplify damage after a few hits.

I wouldn't bother blessing fey leggings either way though, even the non-faction version is fairly cheap, dump as much as you can onto your weapon and use the bless on that. I wouldn't wear anything actually rare, but minor artys and such don't be afraid to lose them.

You won't be able to equip quite like you would on prodo, so the fights will be a little harder, but you can still easily tank peerless and doom bosses.

S

Sunchicken

On your sampire id definatly get a pair of soulstone frags. Id work magic resist and swap that in and out with healing based on type of spawn...

i run a temp somewhere like this
70 chiv
70 necro
gm Lumberjack
120 swords, anat, tactics, bushido.

It works pretty good.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SAMPIRE
My favorite adventurer template in game is a sampire. I would build an elf (for the night sight and mana bonus). Template would be:
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
99 Necromancy
61 Chivalry
What kind of gear would be perfect if you had any choice?
Trying to make such a suit :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also suggest on your crafter chr. you get that tinkering up the fastest first, cuz every shovel, pickaxe, smith hammer etc. will deteriorate and break here on Siege, a lot faster !

When I came here in 2004, 1k gp and newb skills, I nearly hung it up cuz I forgot to even PUT tinkering on the one crafter's template, and every tool wore out so fast I even bought some off npcs till I was flat broke ! :( Luckily it was then, with 0 tinkering, 0gp left and frustrated at how fast tools wore out here, and none left, that NEW guild found me ! :) Ima still here !

Although once you get going there will be a lot of us willin to donate tools, for ya too !

I have 3 crafters of 4 chrs. here. Only one has very high magery due to she really wanted to be a *wandering healer* res'ing the dead here on Siege, cuz folks are DEAD a lot on Siege. :) 115 magery on her, but unfortunately the RULES won't let me remotely help heal or res any one in factions. *makes me sad* cuz I really wanted to be just a *wandering healer* here, but least I can gate the dearly departed to someone's Ankh of Sacrafice to get em a res or to Chaos, when game rules forbids me to res anyone whom is... dead faction peeps !

The other three of my four chrs. here, have to gate with gate scrolls [lower magery], but then one of mine is a scribe and he can pretty much gate even with his own magery skill or he just scribes up a gate scroll to use ! :) With crystal portals all over and house teleporter tiles, it is far easier to get around with the invention of those than it was ever here on Siege before. Many of us have the crystal portals and vet reward house tele tiles on porches patios set to nearly anyone to use !

Also the Siege hub out east umbra bridge, assorted connecting house teleporter tiles, which we all use that too.

Actually mining, you can pretty much stay in Termur or Delucia or Minoc or even all around downtown Brit and gm the mining, relatively fast without needing to go hardly anywhere, at first.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you make a crafter find me first I would love a set of picking boxes and such form 0-gm right now i got someone doing 50 - gm i think but you could do the low stuff...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there used to be a house just as you left west Umbra.. Port of Umbra or something like that. Had lockpicking boxes there. However, remember that once you hit ROT you can just use one box all the way. Pretty easy :)

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once I save up some gold for another tele I'm going to hook my island house up to the umbra hub, when i do that I'll move my LP setup downstairs to the bar area.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So no one wants to give info on a good sampire suit?
Im atm earning money with fishing, so Ill get the money for it someday, please tell me what items would be ideal :) for pve

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So no one wants to give info on a good sampire suit?
Im atm earning money with fishing, so Ill get the money for it someday, please tell me what items would be ideal :) for pve
Faction mace and shield reading glasses
gorget, arms, gloves, chest runic made with stam/int/hpi on them
leggings you could go insane tinker or faction fey leggings
faction primer or conjurers trinket
faction crimson cincture
weapon needs to be stam/mana leech, ssi and DI maybe some HLA/HLD
rings/brace needs to give you your HCI and DCI with DI. Maybe some more int/dex bonus.

Now days I figure that suit will cost you only 1 or 2 mill tops.