• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

seeking champ spawn guide(s)

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hard to believe, but after nearly three years of solid play ive never actually tried a champ spawn (other than the SA minis for resources). pretty much concentrated on crafting with combat chars to support that (and my dragon slaying fetish). been working with a returning player recently and we are seeking a guide to try out a low-level champ spawn. we were thinking the vermin spawn sounded like a good start. any experienced champ spawn champions out there willing to be our guide? also, open invite to any champ spawn rookies out there that need a guide as well that would like to go on this hunt!

your assistance is much appreciated :)

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
vermin spawn is the easiest to do, for starters.
bring a vermin slayer talisman, a soul seeker for a warrior, and some orange petals for the 3rd level of the spawn(rat mages).
when barracoon comes out, cast polymorph spell so you don't get dismounted and turned into a rat. if you're a warrior, bring a scroll or spellbook with the polymorph spell, cast it, then leave the gump window open, dragging it off to the side of screen out of way. you will not become a rat as long as that gump is open!
third level of spawn is trickiest, the rat mages come out. take it slowly, ease into the edges of the spawn, so as not to attract too many mobs at once.
barracoon spawns mobs in groups around the people fighting him. for a warrior the whirlwind special move is your savior to kill them fastest, use area spells for a mage.
my main char for spawns is Ann Arcky. if you see her around, i'll be happy to help in any way i can.

H

Hudson[]

Hi Tirrag,

I am a returning rookie with absolutely zero champ spawn experience and would love to tag along. I'm a swords/paladin with a soul seeker and decent skill & armor.

-Hudson

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@cutty - thanks for all the great info :) sounds like we are picking the right one to start with. will PM you to see if can maybe coordiate a time.

@Hudson - greetings and welcome back! keep an eye on your PMs. i will get some messages going to schedule our first attempt :)