• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seeds still not stacking

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got old seeds to stack so far have not try them all. I notice the New plant seeds wont stack.

D

DHMagicMan_1

If someone has a seed that won't stack, try using Poppy Dust on it and see if it will then stack?

I would try this but I won't be home for 5 hours or so.

S

soulstoner

baugh :wall: I've all my seeds ID'd via poppies dust --
no stacky-stack for me either.

Luv stacking sand, sporting my hats & totally diggin on the mirrors !!!

L

Lustig als'Holle

I was able to get them to stack by removing the seeds from the plant and then dropping them into a container. The stacked seeds look like just one seed, but will display the total number of seeds in the stack. I planted a seed from the stack and it only used one seed, reducing the small stack from 11 to 10, so that works now, but the only thing I can't figure out is how to remove seeds from the stack, as dragging the seed does not give the normal display for entering a number to move. I hope that helps someone!!!

F

Flora Green

Every seed I've attempted to stack so far has stacked. I've only tried old ones either laying loose in a container or removing them from plants. I am loving this finally being implemented. Thank you again, Sak, little bugs and all. :)

K

Kiwillian

Can you stack more than 5? That seems to be the limit for me with ordinary seeds :(

D

Deb

Every seed I've attempted to stack so far has stacked. I've only tried old ones either laying loose in a container or removing them from plants. I am loving this finally being implemented. Thank you again, Sak, little bugs and all. :)
Did any of your peculiar seeds stack? And I agree also with a huge thanks to
Sak as I know she will get the little bugs squashed.
Just tried a pouch of old legacy seeds, they were already named.
I took them out of the pouch and then tried stacking them back in a
pouch with no luck :(. Even seeds coming off of plants will not stack
for me.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of my old seeds stacked...not peculiar, plain, colored, legacy, bonsai, rare, cacti; and didn't matter if identified or un-id'ed. The only ones that did were ones I took off of plants AFTER SA launch. Total lockdowns saved from 3000+ old seeds, ZERO. In fact, lost lockdowns from experimenting and ending up with new piles. Lady Sak... help please!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of my ancient seeds (i.e., ones that are about 2 years old) will stack and I don't have enough poppy dust to use on all of them to see if that will help.

I know Sak said this was supposed to work. Not sure what happened. I was so looking forward to clearing up hundreds of storage spaces.

For the people that got "old" seeds to stack, do you have any idea how old the seeds were (e.g., from before early 2009 and the introduction of peculiar and fragrant seeds, early 2009 and later but before the SA publish) and were they loose before you stacked them or did you strip them off a plant right before you stacked them?

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked this morning and none of my seeds stack; new, old or identified or not.

On another note, the clippers won't clip some of my older decorative plants, all of the ones they won't clip are "a decorative plant" with no plant name, but they will clip some with that name, just not all.

D

Deb

Anyone here anything regarding this problem? I have tried and tried
and still cant get seeds to stack.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone here anything regarding this problem? I have tried and tried
and still cant get seeds to stack.
Today I pulled some seeds off fresh plants. The seeds all said "a green seed". They all went into my pack separately.

I manually dropped them on each other and the two from the same plant stacked. So, I have two stacks of two seeds that have the same message (they are different type seeds). They will not stack together.

Seems you could harvest a plant and get the seeds from it to stack after you have them in your pack.

D

DHMagicMan_1

In the last couple hours I collected seeds from plants I had grown and stashed before the patch, and snipped the deco plants once the seeds had been removed.

In total I collected seeds from about 250 plants (about 150 were gen 1 and gen 2 plants of all "normal" colors)... I had ZERO issues with seed stacking. They all dropped directly into my pack without stacking but when I used the Organizer Agent in UOA they all stacked correctly. I also had ZERO issues with snipping any of the plants tonight so my only two plants that I have been completely unable to snip have been White and Black "Mossy Cypress".

Tonight I didn't collect from any Naturalist or Mutant colors (also no Peculuar or Fragrant) so they were about 2/3 from Gen 1 and Gen 2 and 1/3 from Gen 3 and Gen 4...

I still don't understand why we are having such varried experiencess with this but OMG Sak, you are the QUEEN for me! :bowdown:

S

soulstoner

In total I collected seeds from about 250 plants (about 150 were gen 1 and gen 2 plants of all "normal" colors)... I had ZERO issues with seed stacking. They all dropped directly into my pack without stacking but when I used the Organizer Agent in UOA they all stacked correctly. .............
OH NOSE .... I hope having UOA is not intended to be a necessity to stack seeds - don't use it :sad4: (first time I use depressed smiley on forum)

No stacking for me on Atlantic with standard UO/SA client today. Tried again with some peculiar flax and hedges which had been identified & stored shortly after the advent of poppies dust. Also tried plucking from Vibrant Bright Orange Bulrushes Plant which had been stashed for a few months ---- Salvage Bag did not help

D

Deb

It seems or at least for me, that seeds you pluck from plants after SA
went live will stack. Both legacy and peculiar. I will try using UOA to
stack the pre SA seeds. As those would not stack no matter what I did.

Using UOA didn't work on pre SA seeds that were already plucked for
me.
Sak, pretty please with a cherry on top is there a way to fix this?

F

Flora Green

I had not tried peculiar when I posted above. My old identified peculiar seeds will not stack. All of the old seeds I've stacked were identified and from plants or as I noted were just loose in containers. During lunch I'll gather a few seeds from boglings, wisps and hives and report back.

I have stacks higher than five seeds. I think I have one at 20, I'll check that during lunch, too as I have several plants to remove seeds from still.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I have stacks of 48+ so the stack size doesn't seem to have low limits.

I had an idea about how to possibly fix this... I don't know how feasable it is.

Sak, what if you put an NPC in each of Naturalist Shops and we could hand over "FULLY IDENTIFIED" seeds... in return he would give back the identical seed but being newly spawned they should be stackable. I was thinking about limiting this to only seeds which don't produce seeds (Peculuar, Bonsai, Naturalist Quest, White/Black Mutants) but it's probably easier to just let any ID'd seed be turned in and you get a fresh one back.

It would still be a bit of a chore for those of us with lots of stored seeds to clear them all but it's likely much faster code-wise than figuring out whatever is going on with all these weird stacking issues.

What do you think?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to have to investigate this further. If you could post a few specifics on the seed type, color, where it came from, etc. it will help narrowing down the issues you guys are having. Please make sure you're properly patched too. If you have old seeds not stacking, please also try logging out with a bag of them and logging back in and see if that helps.

D

Deb

Properly patched, I am having problems with all seeds that were picked
prior to SA going live. I will try putting them on me and relogging in.

Putting in backpack and then logging back in didn't work either.:(
I am having no problems with seeds I pick after SA went live.
Just with all the ones I had in storage containers.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get seeds to stack today from older plants where I picked the seeds off of this morning:
  • Bright Orange Poppies
  • Bright Orange Bulrushes
  • Bright Orange Pampas Grass
  • Bright Green Snake Plant
  • Cocoa Trees

Here is a list of seeds I have that won't stack:
  • Peculiar Seeds from mob drops (I have a couple hundred unidentified saved from when they were first released.)
  • Bonsai seeds (Many years old.)
  • Old snowdrops seeds (unidentified)

I'll try logging out with the old seeds when I get home tonight to see if that helps.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sak, do you think the Enhanced client would recognize the older seeds better than the Legacy client? I'm going to give it a try...have tons and tons of individual seeds that I stripped off plants over two years ago that don't seem to want to stack.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logging out and back in again while holding a box or bag of old seeds that were stripped off their parent plant approximately two years ago (or even earlier) did nothing to make them more stackable.

Here are a few things I've observed about the seeds:

While logged in on either client, the only two year old seeds that have the word "Bright" as part of their name are:

(1) Seeds that came from a cross-pollinated plant and whose type is still a mystery. They are labeled like this: "Bright Blue Seed" or "Bright Red Seed."

(2) Poppy dust has been used on the seed so it is now fully identified, e.g., it is now labeled as "Bright Green Fern Seed" instead of just "Green Fern Seed." I have tons of examples of seeds in various colors where I know the type of seed but the Enhanced client doesn't distinguish between whether the color is just the ordinary color or bright. What I see are two shades of red fern seeds and they are both labeled, "Red Fern Seed." Or I see two shades of green fern seeds and both are called, "Green Fern Seed."

I haven't touched these seeds in a long long time, but I know that the ones that were NOT mystery seeds from cross-pollination used to be properly labeled if they were one of the bright colors. I'm not sure when the word "bright" dropped out of their names but suspect it might have happened around the time the peculiar seeds came out.

Sak, if you need old seeds to work with, I have literally hundreds of them in all colors and types on Baja.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Logging out and back in again while holding a box or bag of old seeds that were stripped off their parent plant approximately two years ago (or even earlier) did nothing to make them more stackable.

Here are a few things I've observed about the seeds:

While logged in on either client, the only two year old seeds that have the word "Bright" as part of their name are:

(1) Seeds that came from a cross-pollinated plant and whose type is still a mystery. They are labeled like this: "Bright Blue Seed" or "Bright Red Seed."

(2) Poppy dust has been used on the seed so it is now fully identified, e.g., it is now labeled as "Bright Green Fern Seed" instead of just "Green Fern Seed." I have tons of examples of seeds in various colors where I know the type of seed but the Enhanced client doesn't distinguish between whether the color is just the ordinary color or bright. What I see are two shades of red fern seeds and they are both labeled, "Red Fern Seed." Or I see two shades of green fern seeds and both are called, "Green Fern Seed."

I haven't touched these seeds in a long long time, but I know that the ones that were NOT mystery seeds from cross-pollination used to be properly labeled if they were one of the bright colors. I'm not sure when the word "bright" dropped out of their names but suspect it might have happened around the time the peculiar seeds came out.

Sak, if you need old seeds to work with, I have literally hundreds of them in all colors and types on Baja.
Tina, can you try the work around I posted and see if planting and recovering the seeds make them stackable... I know doing this with HUNDREDS will be a pain but at least it will tell us if the work around works and maybe Sak can come up with a more direct way?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found some more seeds and some parent plants on another shard that are about a year old. More observations:

One year old brightly colored and known type seeds (e.g., bright orange pampas grass seeds) do not have the word "Bright" in their name (they're just called Orange Pampas Grass Seed) and will NOT stack together.

Seeds stripped TODAY off of a one year old Bright Orange Snowdrops plant (that is labeled as a Bright Orange Snowdrops plant) are labeled as "Orange Snowdrops Seed." They DO stack, however, but still don't pick up the "Bright" tag when they are stacked. They're just labeled as "3 Orange Snowdrops Seed." Same thing happened with seeds from an old Bright Green Prickly Pear Cactus plant. Seeds are labeled as merely "Green Prickly Pear Cactus Seed" but they will stack.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, can you try the work around I posted and see if planting and recovering the seeds make them stackable... I know doing this with HUNDREDS will be a pain but at least it will tell us if the work around works and maybe Sak can come up with a more direct way?
Can do!! Off to get some dirt.....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smarty pants! It looks like that would do the trick. Old seeds planted and then yanked out of the pot seem to go through an ID process that allows them to be stacked.

Now if I could just get a functional dirt patch in my house.

Edited to add:

If I plant a mystery seed in a pot and pull it out, it will stack with other mystery seeds that I suspected were of the same type. I still can't tell what type of plant they're from, but at least they are stacked together now.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Smarty pants! It looks like that would do the trick. Old seeds planted and then yanked out of the pot seem to go through an ID process that allows them to be stacked.

Edited to add:

If I plant a mystery seed in a pot and pull it out, it will stack with other mystery seeds that I suspected were of the same type. I still can't tell what type of plant they're from, but at least they are stacked together now.
YAY! Now maybe we can either get an NPC to hand the seeds to and get them back instead of dirt/water/water/plant/remove steps... or maybe a trowl tool we can use and target a "bad" seed that deletes the seed and creates a clone... We know what to do, now we need to reduce the steps.

S

soulstoner

Can do!! Off to get some dirt.....

Edited to add:

YAY! Now maybe we can either get an NPC to hand the seeds to and get them back instead of dirt/water/water/plant/remove steps... or maybe a trowl tool we can use and target a "bad" seed that deletes the seed and creates a clone... We know what to do, now we need to reduce the steps.
You two are great! :ten:Truly repressing the customer base well. Kudos & Thank Youz for troubleshooting to find solutions & help the devs work come to fruition; and for sharing ... ~300 extra storage so far ... whooot!!! I am happy to dig up the dirt and do the routine to stack em.........

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried logging out with a bag of peculiar seeds and they still would not stack.

If you find out what's going on with this Sak, is there any chance you could apply the fix to old granite too please? :)

F

Flora Green

I still haven't had times to collect new seeds, but I've since run across more old loose seeds that won't stack. Guess my luck ran out. :D

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally located a good place to fill up water pitchers and plant pots without having to move much: the Forgery blacksmith shop near the Minoc bank.

M

Mayadevi

Bright Orange Pampas Grass seeds taken off a healthy plant planted prior to SA, When I took them off they did NOT stack nicely in my backpack. I had to Pick each one up and drop it on another bag in my backpack. They stacked in the second bag, but lost their "bright".

Sak, can you put the "Bright" back? That's going to get awful confusing when trying to Cross breed.

Peculiar Hops foxglove, flax, cat tails, and fragrant seeds, looted pre SA, identified with Poppies dust, Will not stack.

Old blue fern seeds, will not stack. Not a single seed in any of my houses before SA will stack.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Bright Orange Pampas Grass seeds taken off a healthy plant planted prior to SA, When I took them off they did NOT stack nicely in my backpack. I had to Pick each one up and drop it on another bag in my backpack. They stacked in the second bag, but lost their "bright".

Sak, can you put the "Bright" back? That's going to get awful confusing when trying to Cross breed.

Peculiar Hops foxglove, flax, cat tails, and fragrant seeds, looted pre SA, identified with Poppies dust, Will not stack.

Old blue fern seeds, will not stack. Not a single seed in any of my houses before SA will stack.

Hope this gets fixed soon.
None of the seeds stack automatically in the backpack as they are being picked from the plant. You have to put them in another bag or stack them yourself one at a time.

For all the seeds you have stored prior to the release, there is a way to get them to stack. Look at the "Work Around" thread but basically you plant each then remove them from the bowl... then they will stack.

D

Dragonchilde

I have a stack of non-bright orange bulrushes (they're bright but not saying as much on the tag) that will not stack unless planted an dumped first. After that, they stack just fine. Same with the peculiars. Both unidentified and identified are having to be planted and dumped to stack.

D

Dragonchilde

I just found a couple of seriously bugged seeds that refuse to stack, no matter what. If I ID them before, plant, and empty, they lose their "bright" tag, and refuse to stack. IDing before or after planting doesn't help.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I haven't found any seeds that wouldn't stack after planting. Lots of seeds won't stack before planting, and lots of stacks of seeds don't say "Bright" but are...

It's still a work in progress, I'm sure. In the end I've recovered about 600 storage space in one of my houses and more in another house. Not bad.