• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seeds of renewal...

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know what the percentage chance of getting a seed of renewal is? I'm new to gardening and just grown my first 20 plants, mostly plain seeds but i have a couple different kind of plants growing. Or is it a certain type of plant that gives the seeds of renewal?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I feel they keep decrease the chance, from 20 plants you may get 5 seed if lucky

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently raised 56 orange pampas grass plants and from the 448 seeds produced, 21 were seeds of renewal.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I recently raised 56 orange pampas grass plants and from the 448 seeds produced, 21 were seeds of renewal.
I would say, you was very lucky, tell me how many you get from the next 56 plants.

I would also like to know the percentage chance of getting a plant with black or white seed, I feel it's very low now where alot want black, white, ice or dark plant dyes.

I know it may be balanced fine for normal shards but on Siege, items get replaced alot and players like having the same look

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get black/white seeds from the naturalists quest for rare seeds. (You need a green thorn for it to examine the additionally solen eggs. That quest randomly rewards with a black/white/fire seed if my informations are up to date.)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can get black/white seeds from the naturalists quest for rare seeds. (You need a green thorn for it to examine the additionally solen eggs. That quest randomly rewards with a black/white/fire seed if my informations are up to date.)
I know that, but I don't want to use hours doing the same over and over again everyday to keep up with my customers. Also I feel it should be faster to get the black and white seed from plant growing than from quests.

Also the quests are fine if you are trying to sell white or black hedge/cypress trees. I just want the colors for my dyes and the old crossed mutant plants works fine for that.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that, but I don't want to use hours doing the same over and over again everyday to keep up with my customers. Also I feel it should be faster to get the black and white seed from plant growing than from quests.

Also the quests are fine if you are trying to sell white or black hedge/cypress trees. I just want the colors for my dyes and the old crossed mutant plants works fine for that.
I just harvested 31 plants of various types consisting of b Orange, b green, and b purple. of the 248 seeds I got 16 SOR and 5 black. This is high for me on the black seed side. I usually just get SOR on this type of harvest.

S

Stupid Miner

... drop rate seems to still be about 5%

Also, you have to realize that since the drop rate is so low, it's highly variable from small sample sizes.

You need to harvest at least 100 Seeds of Renewal to be able to get a decent sample size to judge off of. (and even that's a bit low)

S

Stupid Miner

I'd be happy with 5%. I just removed 504 seeds from 63 Orange Pampas. I got 14 Renewal == 2.7%.
*shrugs* doesn't necessarily mean much, you sample size is too small to make a judgement from. Try another 500 harvests and see what the accumulated total is.

U

uoBuoY

*shrugs* doesn't necessarily mean much, you sample size is too small to make a judgement from. Try another 500 harvests and see what the accumulated total is.
Well, I just used a statistical reliability calculator (on the net) and it said my 2.7% is 100% reliable on that sample size.

T

Takissis

It really seems to be the luck of the draw. I have 450 plants growing in the current batch. I have a vendor with seeds of renewal that I can't keep stocked, so I pull seeds off daily. I've kept track of the number of SoRs that I get each day.

Day 1 - 15
Day 2 - 27
Day 3 - 21
Day 4 - 35

And I have 4 days to go.

So I'm averaging more than 5% a pull, but that's still a lot of seeds to go through.

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's very random. I was growing about 30 seed producing plants and got 1 to 3 every time, but last 2 days I didn't get any. Hopefully it had nothing to do with the latest patch :eek:

And 450 plants? I'll go mad! :)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just done 200 Orange pampas grass plants, and only got 70 SOR. Got another 200 ready in 3 days so i will se what kind of return i get from them.

U

uoBuoY

This is from an earlier post on seeds:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Miner View Post
... drop rate seems to still be about 5%..

I'd be happy with 5%. I just removed 504 seeds from 63 Orange Pampas. I got 14 Renewal == 2.7%.

S

soulstoner

Just done 200 Orange pampas grass plants, and only got 70 SOR. Got another 200 ready in 3 days so i will se what kind of return i get from them.
I have exact same resulting percentage rate at end of most recent grow set - but with order of magnitude smaller scale -> 20 plants (18 orange bulrushes & 3 green snake) yielded 7 precious SORs.

[7 / (20 x 8)] = 4.38% :thumbup1:

NOTE: many had been cross pollinated onto with red plants & set in stasis for a couple months but SORs came from those as well as strait up unhampered seeds -

K

Kallie Pigeon

I am just making my debut as a gardener in UO. I planted 20 plants from seeds I got off boglings. Four of the plants were from plain seed which I realize was an error since I was growing them for resources and seeds of renewal. They just started to seed so I pulled off the first seeds from the four plain plants and one was a seed of renewal so I am at 25% SOR for the moment ;) LOL well at leas I know it's not a total wash and if I undestand the process I should have some bright red century plant seeds to grow red leaves with and some orange plants to cross for plants to get bright orange petals and some green plants to cross for bright green plants. Oh yeah and a purple plant.....a mistake I guess should have used a yellow poppy. I think I need to keep a book of what I do so I can figure out what mistakes I make.

K

Kallie Pigeon

ok so for my first try at it I get 9 seeds of renewal out of 20 plants. This is slightly better than 5 %

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got bored... or crazy... or both... currently have 400 seed bearing plants going, now on day 2. Got tired of farming for MR2 items, only to blow them up trying to enhance to 140 luck, and I'm NOT paying 1.5mil for 10 SoR's...

Will let everyone know the final results when all are done... and if you hear screaming and maniacal laughter, you'll know why...

K

Kallie Pigeon

I just got 12 sor from about 288 seeds.... close to 4%

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, you're lucky if they sell for that much on your server. I can hardly find a buyer at 16k per on Siege.
Always have to remember that there is roughly 10:1 ratio between Siege and prodo values... 16k per on Siege is 160k on a production server. So the pricing is pretty similar.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 1 - it's anomaly day, but I'm not complaining. Harvested 440 seeds, 47 of which were SoR's, 3 were black, and one white (my first mutants, ever). So just shy of 11%... tomorrow will probably stink...

Day 2 - stink... 440 seeds again. 12 SoR's... the RNG roller coaster.... it bites... but still ahead of the curve (so far) so not complaining.