• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seeds of Renewal/Mutant Seeds

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is a 2 part enquiry

1. Has the drop rate lowered when harvesting seeds, seems i get very few renewals now compared to a few weeks ago

2. Have mutant seeds stopped altogether?

i have 720 bright orange plants growing in my house, on 40 day intervals, so for every day i harvest 40 plants, i seem to be getting about 7/10 seeds of renewal as opposed to aobut 15 literally last week?

and with over 1000 plants grown i have yet to get black or white seeds, was there a change i am unaware of?

thanks

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just harvested 3 batches of plants (100 plants each batch, but not all are seed producing) and here is what I have:

1 - 704 seeds - 27 SoR (3.84%) - no mutant
2 - 584 seeds - 33 SoR (5.65%) - 1 mutant (Black)
3 - 785 seeds - 29 SoR (3.81%) - 1 mutant (Black)

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got finished doing 400 plants - and managed to keep all my hair where it belongs...

I ended up with 184 SoR's (5.75%) and 8 mutants - 3 black, 5 white.

It was a lot of things, but entertaining isn't on the list... I won't be doing batches that large again, and will just live with the anomalies of slightly less than 5% to slightly over 5%.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got finished doing 400 plants - and managed to keep all my hair where it belongs...

...It was a lot of things, but entertaining isn't on the list... I won't be doing batches that large again,

If you can use the classic client with UOA's 'use item once' function it makes it a lot less of a hassle and a lot less work.

I currently have 60 plants on three characters that I log in for a growth step when inclined to do more than locked down house plants. All I have to do is open the plant bag (won't work otherwise), then add them to the use once agent list by clicking on the closed bag icon. With the middle mouse button set up to display the next plant tend window, all I have to do is click the middle button to get a plant window, left click where it needs tending, and right click to close the window. Repeat as needed until done. One of the best features of UOA if your inclined to grow your own. :)

G

Gal

Do I need to pollinate the plants myself to get a Mutant seed or can I still get them if they self pollinate?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Self-pollination won't result in black/white - you have to cross-pollinate to get a chance at a mutant.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Self-pollination won't result in black/white - you have to cross-pollinate to get a chance at a mutant.
I planted 40 plants and cross polinated them. I now have my first black seed :) Oh boy I can't wait to grow that one.