• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seeds & Boglings

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know how many different types of seeds are available from a bogling or bog thing?

I was thinking 17 (first thru 4th generation) x 4 colors = 68 seeds + 4 colors of 4 barrel cactus == 72 seeds.

Am i right.. should there be 72 seeds available on boglings and bogthings??

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i might be right.. i've been killing boglings in haven and so far have collected 18 of the yellow seeds (all different). I'm now excited about planting them to verify my theory. If it works i can speed up my collection of seeds by eliminating the cross polination for different plants by just collecting off boglings. Now if only i had 18 of the other 3 types.

6 seeds to go and i'll have collected 18 of all the starter colors off boglings. Wish me luck.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Does anyone know how many different types of seeds are available from a bogling or bog thing?

I was thinking 17 (first thru 4th generation) x 4 colors = 68 seeds + 4 colors of 4 barrel cactus == 72 seeds.

Am i right.. should there be 72 seeds available on boglings and bogthings??
I thought Boglings only had FIRST Generation in four colors and then add to that any cactus because of some error or other. I don't think you can get snow drops or Bulrushes or other later generation plants from them.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought Boglings only had FIRST Generation in four colors and then add to that any cactus because of some error or other. I don't think you can get snow drops or Bulrushes or other later generation plants from them.
yes he can :p

every seed in the loot that should be a cactus for a bug could be a random plant (random from old and new plants).

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got all 72 seeds.. and i'm ONE seed short of having two sets of them.. took alot of bogling deaths but i did it. This should speed me up by months by not having to cross pollinate for plants and only colors.

I just planted all 18 blue seeds.. while i try to get that One seed to finish my second set of reds.

I hope this helps everyone else out on their seed sets.

D

DHMagicMan_1

It must have taken a lot of Poppy Dust to ID all those seeds. Congrats on getting complete sets.

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually i didn't use any poppy dust at all. What i did is put a bag into my backpack and as i dropped the seeds into the bag.. the like seeds stacked.. I did this until i had 72 stacks of seeds (18 x red, blue, plain, yellow). Then what i did is go on top of my house and started growing, for instance all 18 blue seeds, locking down the individual stacks next to the bowl i planted. After my plants have grown i'll then be able to identify the duplicate seeds i'd gotten and then be able to organize and log them into a chest using a book for identification.

My id process.. Chests..

Red Chest (boglings) --book inside chest to identify seeds order in chest (after organized, just drop bogling seeds on chest and it self organizes)

Blue, Plain, Yellow (boglings) chests same as red

Identified chests by color --these chests include seeds that have names attached of all 18 plants each by color. 13 chests in total.

I haven't completed this yet but i'm also trying to do the same thing with peculular seeds that i'm currently collecting.. using the bag stack method and growing just one seed out to identify the seeds and journaling.

All in all i'm hoping to accumulate a seed library.