• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seed Storage Books

V

Vidma

Does anyone know if the game has any plans for some sort of seed storage system? Since this new addition of bonsai crossings, spider tree and hop crossings I am completely out of lockdowns.

Maybe we can come up with some ideas? Perhaps a runebook type of system where there can be one book per plant type and you can store a certain amount of seeds per book.

Thanks

D

Dragonchilde

Huh? You can cross pollenate bonsai now?
Not quite; but yes. :)

There's a thread in here somewhere about it. It requires colored flowery cactus to work. Pollinate any plant with a colored or plain flowery cactus, and it will produce a bonsai that will produce seeds and can be cross-pollinated. Look for that thread, it has more details there.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it WAS mentioned... not sure wehre.. but thats about as far as its gotten :(

Sak would know more, maybe she can coem give an update

U

uoBuoY

We need a book to store all the posts that want seed storage books.

D

Deb

Maybe now that all seeds can be identified with the poppy dust,
we can now get seed books.:D
Didn't a Developer say way back that due to the seeds being
unknown it would be impossible to store them in a book? I could
be cloudy on this though.

And yes we seriously need seed storage.:danceb:

D

Dragonchilde

I'd be happy with only identified seeds being allowed. Error message:

"You have no idea where to place this mysterious seed."

D

DHMagicMan_1

Or if not "Books" just make ID'd seeds stackable to 60K like other resources are, at least that way once we have ID'd them we only have to have one pile for each!

... and PLEASE, "Unused Dust" or other stuff with max charges make them stackable... as soon as you peel one off and use a charge you can't restack I could understand but if it's in it's "virgin state" you should be able to code something to make it stackable (I would hope)...

Anything would be a BIG plus!

B

Beastmaster

My preference would be seed jars. Like the "full jars" found in dungeons or somewhere. The interface that pops up when you double click it could be something like bod books allowing you to filter by plant, color, and possibly group, as in the group they were introduced with.

I just can't picture storing seeds in 'books'. Jars or packets would be more realistic. Holiday card graphic for packets maybe? Dye the packet(card) to match the color of seeds within? Label the packets with any pen. No need for an interface or filtering then.

V

Vidma

Seed Jars

That sounds like a great idea. I have seeds everywhere and on all my character's backpacks and their bank boxes.

I wonder if the developers would consider it.

F

Flora Green

Well, some gardeners store the packets in books, Beastmaster. If they ever do give us something and it happens to be a book, we can try and approach it that way from a realistic standpoint. ;) Seriously, I'd take about anything now. While it's very cool we received new seeds/plants last fall, it's ridiculous that seed storage wasn't taken into account especially as it's been asked for since plants were introduced and the new plants don't reproduce. That bewilders me.

Part of the reason I've not grown plants in weeks and let my shop lapse is due to needing multiple accounts JUST to house the plants and seeds. That shouldn't be required for something that isn't even a skill. Casual plant growers and those who don't run full time shops don't seem to get how overwhelming it can become without proper storage, organization and inventory keeping.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
spider tree and hop crossings
whoa.. where have I been?

Explain please!
due to a glitch, you can get the new cactus (the four barrel, flowery one) in the three original colors (yellow, blue, red) from boglings, which can then be crossed to obtain other colors and other new plants in colors (spider tree, and hops both ways). You can find more here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=135016

Casual plant growers and those who don't run full time shops don't seem to get how overwhelming it can become without proper storage, organization and inventory keeping.
Agreed - if you want to run a truely full shop, you need so much storage it's crazy. Granted I'm pretty much OCD on plants, *laughs*, but I have at least two houses devoted to storage of deco plants and plants with seeds on them ready for growing. I'd love to be able to do something better with my seed storage, which is pretty complex now - consisting of boxes of each plant type sub-divided into color palattes with multiple plants of each color holding seeds ready for growing. Although it works, it's cumbersome and not the most practical thing there is...seed storage in any form (more than 8 to a plant LOL) would be fabulous.

D

DHMagicMan_1

My comment about making "Known Seeds Stackable" wasn't that it would be the best solution or that it would give us all the filtering or sorting that we'd like, but at least we could store multiples of the same seed as "one item" and it's probably a very small code fix in terms of dev time if they do it only for "ID'd Seeds", which we now have a way of getting, if they fix the plain ones...

I'm trying to find the best "Workable Solution" that could be implemented quickly and without too much of a development commitment.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id love a book, jar, whatever to store seeds in, but Id settle for stackin known seeds together.. would save tons of space & as im almost to my max, it would be great then i wont have to *gulp* throw seeds away cuz i cant store tehm til i have the time to plant them all

atm I use a chars backpack to grow so I dont have to worry about if I cant get on that day. so Im limited to just what she can hold :(

added***

if i got a blue bettle & put plants on it, will they grow? cuz that could add 125 more, but wasnt sure if they'd grow or if i could water them there.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Id love a book, jar, whatever to store seeds in, but Id settle for stackin known seeds together.. would save tons of space & as im almost to my max, it would be great then i wont have to *gulp* throw seeds away cuz i cant store tehm til i have the time to plant them all

atm I use a chars backpack to grow so I dont have to worry about if I cant get on that day. so Im limited to just what she can hold :(

added***

if i got a blue bettle & put plants on it, will they grow? cuz that could add 125 more, but wasnt sure if they'd grow or if i could water them there.
Yes, if you are riding on a Blue Bug, the plants will get a growth check in the bug's pack at the same time they get in your toon's bag...

The down side is that you have to remember to tend them ALL.

You tend the ones in your pack first, (I put them all inside packs or bags but inside another pack or bag) and put the single pack or box down on the ground, get the blue's plants out and put them in your pack, then put the box/bag from the floor into blue's backpack and mount up.

Tend set two and you are off to the races.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
darn so i cant tend them in the bug, no biggie but its a step to growning more :)

ty

N

Nyte Doombringer

You know they could just make seeds stackable at least. That would prolly be a quick fix.