• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seed of Renewal

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question - Do I need SA to be able to harvest a Seed of Renewal from my plants? Or is that independant of the expansion?

If so, what determines where I can ge a seed? The house the plants are locked down in? The person who plants the seed? Who Harvests the seed?

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks,
Q

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is possible that are tied to the expansion, but you should ask the question to the devs because they haven't say anything about....

M

Maximilliean

Yes you can get a seed of renewal without having SA. I don't have SA but I do have High Seas and I got a seed of renewal when I harvested the seeds from my two bright green snake plants. I waited until both plants had all seeds and resources ready to be gathered then just collected all of them. I didn't even realize I had one until I noticed the pale seed in my backpack. I haven't had a chance to plant it yet or anything since I don't even know what it does.

what determines where I can ge a seed?
I don't know.

The house the plants are locked down in?
My wife's account owns the house she has HS but no SA.

The person who plants the seed?
My Achemist/Mage/Necro character planted the seeds and tended to the plants.

Who Harvests the seed?
The same character that planeted the seeds and tended to the plants.

Hopefully this is atleast somewhat helpful.

G

grig_since98

The seed doesn't do anything by itself and cannot be planted ( to the best of my knowledge), but rather it is a crafting material for imbuing. I believe it is used for HP/Mana/Stam regen.

As far as I can tell and from what I have read, harvesting the seeds from any plant that can produce seeds has a 5% chance of producing a seed of renewal rather than the regular seed it is supposed to produce. In other words, if you have twenty plants, by the time they've produced all their seeds, you should have around 8 seeds of renewal. Of course, that is an average, and I have gotten two in a row, yet also have harvested 60 plants and gotten none ( though the odds of getting none from the entire 8 seed load of 60 plants is very small).

Anyone who has access to the plant can get seeds, thus I presume anyone can get renewal seeds that can get seeds from the plant. You can set permissions for plants just like secure containers.

As far as I know the location the plant grows in has no bearing on the likelyhood of getting a seed of renewal.