• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seed of Renewal results

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a long break, I finally grew a few plants again. Mostly, because I wanted to know how many Seeds of Renewal they would yield. Here's my result, which may be interesting for you folks:

• 100 plants of different types (my personal backpack limit)
  • Duration: approx. 2 weeks (using fertile dirt to speed things up)
  • Resources: approx. 5 kegs of greater poison and 5 kegs of greater cure
  • Harvested 8 seeds from all plants
  • Yielded approx. 30 Seeds of Renewal total (results may vary)

I think it is much less time consuming gathering those seeds by gardening, instead of killing Ratmen in the Cavern of the Discarded.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the last couple of weeks, I've been tracking this too. Out of 233 seeds collected over 20 days, 9 (3.86%) have been Seeds of Renewal. Out of 800 seeds collected, you got 30 (3.75%).

I've been collecting seeds every day, rather than waiting until the plant is finished producing them. When did you collect the seeds, Hawkeye? At the end, or every day?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems we get similar results, Tina. I always collect seeds at the end, but I think it doesn't make any difference. The slight deviation of our results may just be random.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it is the plants in particular, or just a strange run with the RNG, but I plant bunches of bright green snake plants (I like vorpal bunnies and the rares from naturalist quests).

I run 100 at a time (locked down, in the house), and my results for SoR's is right at 2.7% (6 out of 240 harvested seeds). After reading the number was supposed to be somewhat higher, I ran another 100 misc seeds from boglings alongside, and out of 80 collected seeds, I ended up 7 SoR's, or 6.25%.

I'm fairly certain 100 is not a conclusive run to draw a basis off of, but I honestly don't care to do another run of 200 plants again at once, either :) I'd much prefer to keep what little hair I have left right where it sits. :)