• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Secret Chest Scavenger Hunt - Sunday Jan. 7th - 3pm EST

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy crap guys! I'm giving away free stuff! ... to the winners... of a scavenger hunt... so you have to earn it... yeah....
Ok peeps here's the rundown...
Sunday January 7th at 3pm Est i am holding a scavenger hunt using secret chests at the location in the picture below.
Rarefest Map.png

Here is how it will work. I will have 3 secret chests, each locked with an item inside. next to each chest will be a bag. inside the bag will be books with clues to the combination for the corresponding chest. the clues will tell you to go to a certain location and count something at that location (such as how many braziers are in the mage shop named blah blah blah in papua). there will be 5 clues in each book (since the secret chest uses 5 digit combinations).

a little before 3pm everyone needs to head to the scav hunt house in the picture above (there will be gates, chat spam, all the fun stuff). i will be setting all the bags with the clue books to public all at once, so all 3 chests will be active at once, so spread out among them if you want the best chance at winning. grab your book from a bag, go get your clue answers, come back and try to unlock the chest. 1st to unlock it gets the item.

DO NOT just try to sit and guess the combinations. the secret chests will only allow 3 wrong attempts before being locked out of them for a full day.

See ya there

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arya is going to make a post on here with some pictures of the event, but I am going to post the clues and answers and what the winners received.

There were 3 active hunts at once, and here are the clues and answers to each:

scav 1

1- How many braziers are at the Nebiros Shrine next to the Toad Town pond just to the west of here? 2
2- How many bamboo stools are in the "Bloodletter's Guild" building in Umbra? 3
3- In the corner outside of southwest Zento (along the water) how many auction safes are displayed at the house "The Asylum"? (shameful plug) 6
4- How many beds are in the building named "The Healing Hand" in Cove? 6
5- How many ship models are in the building named "Sailor's Keeper" in Jhelom? 4

scav 2

1- How many glacial pillars are in front of the Rarefest vendor houses to the west of here? 3
2- North of Umbra (go out the west exit and run around) there is a cave with Golden Guardians standing outside. How many guardians are there? 4
3- In the corner outside of southwest Zento (along the water) how many auction safes are displayed at the house "The Asylum"? (shameful plug) 6
4- How many candelabras are displayed in the building named "Herbal Splendor" in Moonglow? 2
5- How many banners are on the wall in the building named "Needful Things" in Jhelom?" 2

scav 3

1- How many neon trees are just out the north luna exit heading to Rarefest? 5
2- In Minoc, how many forges are inside the building named "The Forgery"? 2
4- How many bookcases are in the building named "Farmer's Market" in Moonglow? 2
5- How many decorative shields are in the building named "On Guard Armory" in Skara? 3

The prizes for the winners were:

scav 1- A magical crystal ball that melds the past, present, and future into one vision. and 1 ticket to each of the 3 raffles (legends suit, holiday tree, scaffold)

scav 2- A scroll of dread prophecy foretold through the dreaming of the time lord's daughter. and 1 ticket to each of the 3 raffles (legends suit, holiday tree, scaffold)

scav 3- A magical crystal ball that melds the past, present, and future into one vision. and 1 ticket to each of the 3 raffles (legends suit, holiday tree, scaffold)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was the 3rd one of these I have done and I always hear positive feedback everytime. I'm sure I will do more in the future but it gets expensive giving out the stuff. Anyone else can feel free to host them also. :)