• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Secret changes to monster loot?

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

I've been fighting Miasmas quite a lot during the past weeks. Since a few days, I notice a significant change in loot:

Miasmas used to yield minor artifacts. They don't seem to do that anymore.

Sometimes a Miasma used to carry a level 5 treasure chest (containing an "indigenuously drawn" treasure map). Now all you get is a level 4 chest.

Did somebody else notice this change? Did the loot on other monsters change as well? Was there a patch I don't know about? Please share your experiences!

G

From UO.com latest updates

in particular This : <blockquote><hr>

The KR client should perform more smoothly in high-latency situations Upgraded loot for legacy and Samurai Empire high end monster loot, to more closely match Mondain’s Legacy monster loot. This affects mostly boss monsters, but has some impact on other high end monsters as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think they intended it to be secret but just looking at it, it didnt get its own bullet and should not be listed under the KR latency issue fix.

The overall objective was to make all monster loot more appropriate for level of risk vs reward. ML creatures were giving much greater rewards in both diversity of items and overall greater intensities than anything that wasnt added during the ML expansion.

Miasma loot might have been a bit upward from the level of risk for the creature itself, but if you factor in the risk of the area where it spawns, proximity to Rend and other nasties I wouldnt personally have downgraded the level of chest dropped. But as hardly anyone is persuing(sp?) any treasure hunting activities at all Im not sure how much this matters.

Also, in reading through these notes from publish it would appear that over all other area loot was supposed to get an upgrade to match the ML loot drop tables, not downgrades for ML named and bosses. It might be interesting to have a Dev chime in on this, in fact I think I'll send off an FoF question on the subject now.

*edited to include last para*
*edited again to unsmoosh link thingy*

I

imported_Fran Fury

I remember reading that..I think. Anyways reading it again I took it as they were upgrading the other loot to match the ML loot.Not downgrading ML loot.

I hope a dev does pop in to clear it up.

I

imported_Electrolyte

<blockquote><hr>

I remember reading that..I think. Anyways reading it again I took it as they were upgrading the other loot to match the ML loot.Not downgrading ML loot.

I hope a dev does pop in to clear it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that was the feeling I got from it too, but it seems like that was just wishful thinking... based on the wording things could have gone either way

B

BadManiac

I can confirm Miasma still spawn ML martys, but where you got one every 10 minutes before, you get one every other day if you farm Miasma exclusively 3-4 hours a day for 2 days now.
Much the same story with everything else, anti vitue dungeon mobs used to drop 10th anniversary arties at a rate of about one per hour (in Tram) before, now you get one every three days, from the same solid 3-4 hours a day farming.

It's like they're TRYING to make UO less and less fun. BoS nerf, loot nerf, nerf nerf... what's next?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can confirm Miasma still spawn ML martys, but where you got one every 10 minutes before, you get one every other day if you farm Miasma exclusively 3-4 hours a day for 2 days now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of primary concern to me is the drop in level of chest rewarded, ie no longer a level 6, unless this is linked in with the over all loot table somewhere else(no idea), and ensuring that legacy loot did indeed get that upgrade, cause in the bit of RC paragon hunting Ive done since I must say I don't really see it.

On the whole I dont think an hours worth of fighting should reward a marty or special drop. We've been there before and the market just gets flooded. These things should retain some sense of being special. Just MO.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dark Wisps NEVER had level 6 chests - I've been opening those chests since they first appeared in Moonglow during the old event.

G

Good the stupid things never should have had those level 6 chests on them in the first place. Damage is done, but oh well.

S

StarlaUO

I don't think many actually bother to loot those chests since Bos nerf. You get overloaded too fast and its very risky to be overloaded. And level 6 maps need a boost instead of the current pathetic minor arties. Wonders what is the rational to downgrade ML loot when I don't see any much upgrade to legacy loot too. Overall its ridiculous to kill monster for gold now with the Bos nerf and loot nerf. I rather spend my gametime filling BODs.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dark Wisps NEVER had level 6 maps in their chests...

Where do these weird rumors start????

(edited to correct where two parallel threads got crossed - Egon told us not to cross them, but did we listen????)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

the pub in Minoc.
get some booze into those miners and watch the stories fly.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

They DIDN'T....
They've NEVER had level 6 maps in them...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. I gathered dozens of chests from Miasmas with "indigenuously drawn" treasure maps in them. This definitely has changed. I'm not sure about Dark Wisps though.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

They DIDN'T....
They've NEVER had level 6 maps in them...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. I gathered dozens of chests from Miasmas with "indigenuously drawn" treasure maps in them. This definitely has changed. I'm not sure about Dark Wisps though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawkeye is correct. The Miasma chests is where I got my near 200 level 6 maps from. The drop in the chest map does explain the garbage loot that Miasma drops now though if it was scaled accordingly.

G

Dark Wisp chests only had level 5 Deviously level maps in them from day one. They never had lvl 6's

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dark Wisp chests only had level 5 Deviously level maps in them from day one. They never had lvl 6's

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP was asking about Miasma. I'm not sure how DW maps and chests got into the mix.

Has anyone been to miasma to confirm a drop in the chest? I myself have not, but on Rotting Copse paragons you can spawn a chest, regular RCs do drop lvl 5 maps. So it stands to reason the map I have in the chest I can't pick on Origin is lvl6. But whether paragon, or regular, perfection achieved or not(and wearing about 600 in luck, so thatd be 1600 luck w perfection if I'm doing the math right) the loot is simply not as good, not nearly, as swoops was for over a year.

Maybe I'll break out the tamer over the weekend and see what can be done wearing "shown" luck of 1800 with the statue.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was SPECIFICALLY referring to the reference that was made to Dark Wisp chests. The problem came from people talking about two different chests at the same time, that started with the first replier to the thread. I'd already written one reply countering it prior, and Uvtha's reply immediately followed seeming to claim outerwise, but was actually replying to the original poster's part of the thread, not one of the later replies... my bad...

YY wrote...

<blockquote><hr>

Dark wisps have lvl 5 maps in them and not lvl 6 anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Wiseguy

So with Miasma losing the lev 6 chests, there's really not much reason left to do Miasma. What other place can you get a steady stream of lev 6 chests?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While not as fast as Miasma (And not as treacherous, either), I suggest...

Blood Dungeon - there are at least 3 different Blood Ele spawn areas, and their paras have level 6 chests. For the adventurous, the para Balrons also have the chests.

Honesty, Cyclops valley, and the connecting dungeon that is the back end of the Wisp Dungeon - Para titans are by far the easiest kill for level 6 chests, but you also got to watch for getting overrun by Cyclops, ettins and more titans. There is also a room with a Balron there, as well.

Sorcerers' Dungeon (south of the Valor champ spawn) - several levels with Blood &amp; poison ele spawn areas, and at least one Balron spawn area.

Chaos Gate region - go north from the gate to the pit to the abyss, and there are Balrons in a fairly tight region with no other spawn (but plenty of room to run back and forth). Sometimes, though, the balrons will spawn off the bridge, and you have to kill them at range, or find a cooperative GM, to get it to a place where you and it can fight.

Then there's the dungeon with Poison eles, south of chaos and east of Compassion (Rock Dungeon?) on the other side of the desert. It's the hardest to get to, of all these sites, except the next one.

Elemental Valley: Poison ele spawns by and south of the Ki-rin.

I

imported_Wiseguy

Thanks for the information, I remember the poison ele by kirin now... that's a long walk in. lol