• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Searing Wounds....Ore Elementals

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it kills the Shadow iron elemental

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It will also kill Gregorio as well as the shadow elemental
I had a pet with that ability, it was rough skilling it

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, yes... Yes it will.

Reminder of the various ele types:

DC (desert, Yomotsu and Terort Skitas spawn): High physical and HP; only has 2 ore, not the 25 of others.
Shadow: Immune to most magic, pets. Things known to affect it - Earthquake, Searing Wounds - possibly others.
Copper: 50% reflect magic and melee back to sender.
Bronze: ranged "steam" attack
Gold: *
Agapite: *
Verite: Has the ability to insta-break any item on the attacking PC, as long as the item isn't blessed, insured or cursed.
Valorite: ALL of the above.

* These have no active special ability (much like the DC), but have higher stats (either HP, resists, or STR). Forget which has which at the moment, and don't feel like looking.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So, yes... Yes it will.

Reminder of the various ele types:

DC (desert, Yomotsu and Terort Skitas spawn): High physical and HP; only has 2 ore, not the 25 of others.
Shadow: Immune to most magic, pets. Things known to affect it - Earthquake, Searing Wounds - possibly others.
Copper: 50% reflect magic and melee back to sender.
Bronze: ranged "steam" attack
Gold: *
Agapite: *
Verite: Has the ability to insta-break any item on the attacking PC, as long as the item isn't blessed, insured or cursed.
Valorite: ALL of the above.

* These have no active special ability (much like the DC), but have higher stats (either HP, resists, or STR). Forget which has which at the moment, and don't feel like looking.
Valorites too? So an ore elemental hunter could kill every ore elemental type just by using a fire beetle with searing wounds?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Valorites too? So an ore elemental hunter could kill every ore elemental type just by using a fire beetle with searing wounds?
**Ding, Ding!! a little bell in my head rings!!**
Thanks! Sounds like a great idea for farming high ores! Also OOPS the secret is out! And..A nerf hovercraft is heard heading this way!..(Hope not!):)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Naw..Youre ok. Is there any place that high-end or valorite elementals spawn . other than gargie pickaxe summoned ones?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nope; not been natural spawn of eles higher than Shadow Iron since LBR, if not earlier.

The only exception was during the Bell, book & candle events from about 10-12 years ago, where the area north/northwest of Compassion Desert was overrun with ore elementals, and my guild of combat miners (who dug for ore elementals for a living) rocked that event.

Ptolemy

Visitor
Nope; not been natural spawn of eles higher than Shadow Iron since LBR, if not earlier.

The only exception was during the Bell, book & candle events from about 10-12 years ago, where the area north/northwest of Compassion Desert was overrun with ore elementals, and my guild of combat miners (who dug for ore elementals for a living) rocked that event.[/QUOTE gold eles in blackthorns

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, those too - I've even done posts about them. Just slipped my mind. But those are a recent exception, and have no difference combat-wise from an earth elemental other than higher stats.

Copper, Bronze, Verite and Valorite eles all have 1 or more special offensive and/or defensive powers (Agapites just are harder to kill). And, none of those spawn except from garg picks and EM events (some EMs love amped up Valorite elementals because of their pet/spell immunities and damage reflect).