• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seagulls Invade!!!!

• Thread starter Duke X. Winter
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Duke X. Winter

A rather large grouping of seagulls invaded the Sonoma Shard tonight. Be sure to check out the news and pictures HERE!

L

Lady Vixen

Looks as if all had a good time. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

D

DemanKnght

Ah yes!! A fresh version of the Barney invasion. Looked like fun.. *sighs* damn bills and having to work.. :p oh well.. maybe another time.

S

Sarlock Longbow

MINE?! MINE?!

*PACIFIC SHARD INVADES SONOMA*

*as a footnote, it took the streetcleaners in Britain several hours to clean up the bird droppings after the seagulls left.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Hahaha...that was a hoot!

That's me *laughing out loud* in one of yer pics. Poor Masara was so traumatized that I had to bodily restrain her from fleeing.

I fear that she is now emotionally scarred.

Umm...to whom should we send the various cleaning bills?

O

Outlaw_Immortal

I also enjoyed the way they came in and stormed the role play meeting that War of roses worked so hard to put together.

They sure picked the right people for the EM jobs...

B

Barkly

Very funny. But I think a couple of people have watched Finding Nemo one too many times. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

W

War of the Roses

*pouts* Was not funny! I will never get the birdcrap out of my nice white cloak!

I

imported_dangarion

I'm pretty sure those that were involved did not purposely mean to crash the meeting. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

S

Sarlock Longbow

Nay, we did not. And promptly left once it sunk into our bird sized skulls that we had inadvertently stumbled onto an RP event... our apologies /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shouldnt have done it in the first place, looked like griefing to me, going around spaming everywhere disrupting everyone.

Maybe next time tell us.

What would you do if a bunch of people from sonoma came to pac with names like Sonoma Pwns, or seagulls suck, you would probaly get upset.

On the other hand you would probaly luagh also just like i did looking at those pics.

D

Dor of Sonoma

It really was funny! *grins* Sorry, but it was. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

It reminded me of the good ol' days with Ima Supa and Dread Pirate Pinky and the gang, when we'd have multi-shard invas...err...events. For a brief time there, I felt like I was back in '98. :)

Worth the price of admission!

A

Aeyr of Sonoma

Cripes, that was confusing. I had no idea as to what was going on, although I'm also very new to these parts (3 months). The best screenshot in this thread is the one in Fel with all the seagull corpses around and one going "Mine? Mine?"

May I ask how this cross-shard "invasion" occurred, technically speaking?

D

Dor of Sonoma

Sure thing. :)

First of all, you gather a group of like-minded people together, and develop a Plan. The actual participants do not all have to come from the same shard, even (though apparently they did, in this particular case) Then you determine which shard you wish to 'visit' en masse, and everyone generates a newbie character on the shard to be 'visited', generally at the same Inn. Sometimes, you can have local, veteran cohorts who will equip yer newbie selves, but more often, the fun lies in the fact that you have NOTHING to lose...no possessions, nor fame, nor glory (well, maybe dignity, but then you're basically anonymous anyway)

Sometimes, such invasions can be mean-spirited and spiteful, but those are the exceptions in my experience. Usually they are just semi-hilarious, free-spirited fun. Sometimes, they are planned for weeks, and involve training up all the newbies in their spare time, in preparation for the 'event', with storylines written up and many consultations beforehand. It varies, depending on your group and what their basic goal may be. :)

R

Rotte

Its pretty sad if Pacific considers cross-shard spamming an "RP" event.. Worse that they griefed a Sonoma RP planning session.

I'm with Lord Hunters thoughts on this one..

Rotte
The Knights who say Ni!

D

Duke X. Winter

Guys, grab a sense of humour please. Sit back and look at what happened. A group of players from Pacific made "seagulls" and visited another shard. We went ONCE, made our appreance, went to fel so WE COULD BE SLAUGHTERED and then we went home. I believe I posted a picture with a murder count report on it. Just an FYI, I hit "no". Had I been griefing, then each time I was asked to report, I would have hit "yes".

This was NOT an EM event by the way, as some have suggested. The EM's do read, and it was advertised on the PRC website. We interupted an RP event, we're sorry, but isn't things that happen out of the blue what make RPing fun? Things you didn't expect to happen? If you're a roleplayer, then roll with it. Use your imagination!

W

War of the Roses

Oh I wasn't really upset! It was funny and like Dor said...kinda brought me back to the ol'days.

Hunter...Dor...Remember the time we got a few folks together and tamed a ton of chickens (At the request of my horse of course) and made rings of them around the Brit bank? That was hillarious...but that was back when you could tame a gazzilion things...old times...ahhhh

S

Sarlock Longbow

Aye, we just organized a bunch of people from various guilds that we knew and decided to go out and have some fun... "paint the town" so to speak...

We did this a while ago on Catskills, playing "Pacman":

Great fun was had by all!

Who will be the lucky shard next?? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif