• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scroll Binding..what am I missing here ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why can't I create a 1.0 sot from lessers, it immediately starts a 2.0 process, so I'm assuming you can't. But does the same apply to a 3.0 ? Why is 3.0 a storage slot in the book if you can't actually create a 3.0 ? You can't, to my knowledge, make a 3.0, the game won't let you, it jumps past 2.0 to 5.0 in the process of binding, so, Where would a 3.0 come from ? I'm going to assume that somewhere, buried deep in the code, is some stupid event that takes place that might or might not drop a 2.0 and a 3.0 sot, and it's probably so minor that it never ever gets used, but please explain why I can't combine 10 .1s to make a 1.0 otherwise the entire process is pointless.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why can't I create a 1.0 sot from lessers, it immediately starts a 2.0 process, so I'm assuming you can't. But does the same apply to a 3.0 ? Why is 3.0 a storage slot in the book if you can't actually create a 3.0 ? You can't, to my knowledge, make a 3.0, the game won't let you, it jumps past 2.0 to 5.0 in the process of binding, so, Where would a 3.0 come from ? I'm going to assume that somewhere, buried deep in the code, is some stupid event that takes place that might or might not drop a 2.0 and a 3.0 sot, and it's probably so minor that it never ever gets used, but please explain why I can't combine 10 .1s to make a 1.0 otherwise the entire process is pointless.
Navrey drops 3.0 sots. and i think the puzzle will drop them and a two as well

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Navrey, Medusa, Stygian Dragon, etc,... some of the Stygian Abyss bosses drop 3 pointers. 2 pointers are spell binder made only as are 5 pointers. They drop normally in .1 - .5 in Tram and .1 - 1 in Fel.

Puzzle may drop something but I’ve never gotten any there so dunno.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Navrey, Medusa, Stygian Dragon, etc,... some of the Stygian Abyss bosses drop 3 pointers. 2 pointers are spell binder made only as are 5 pointers. They drop normally in .1 - .5 in Tram and .1 - 1 in Fel.

Puzzle may drop something but I’ve never gotten any there so dunno.
What puzzle is that? Ty..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Appreciate the info. Did not know this existed. Not a bad way to get some regs and some stuff. Ill have to look at the solve of the puzzles.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think the puzzle drops 3.0s any more since the "sploit" - hehe

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think the puzzle drops 3.0s any more since the "sploit" - hehe
I think you're right, i got a lucky coin there today and they had taken those off the list and replaced them with the SoT's.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think any of these is what he asked!

from uoguide:

• Add a 0.5 SoT to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 0.5.
  • Add 0.1, 0.5, and 0.9 SoT's to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 1.5.
  • Add 0.1, 0.9, and 1.0 SoT's to a binder and the binder will change from red to pink and become a usable SoT with 2.0 skill.
  • Add 0.1, 0.9, 1.0, and 0.2 SoT's to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 2.2. You must now add enough skill to take the binder to 5.0 before it will change from red to pink and become a usable SoT.
While binding Scrolls of Transcendence, players who attempt to combine a scroll that would exceed the cap of 5 pts will receive a warning gump informing them that the excess points will be lost if they combine this scroll. If they accept, the binding will be completed and the binder transformed into a 5.0 point Scroll of Transcendence.

The cap for Scrolls of Transcendence was at one time 10.0 points, as the screen shot above shows, but is 5.0 points as of 1/15/2016.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think any of these is what he asked!

from uoguide:

• Add 0.1, 0.9, 1.0, and 0.2 SoT's to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 2.2. You must now add enough skill to take the binder to 5.0 before it will change from red to pink and become a usable SoT.
Actually, adding in THAT specific order will create a 2.0 and not allow the addition of the 0.2. If at any point you specifically reach exactly 2.0 it converts. You'd have to add the 0.2 before the larger BODs to cause the jump to a x.x/5.0 binder.

Also, you cannot START a Scroll Binder with a 2.0 pink (and maybe a 3.0) - it won't let you. You have to add some OTHER value to the binder first, THEN add the 2.0.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still get 10 point SoT from VvV for 10k silver. Of course it is random so you could end up with a 10 point taste id.