• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] scripting beggars

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Drakelord

Watch this one beggar get over 30 "here take this" message from ONE npc in Yew heartland, and all of these messages were one after the other, with no pauses if you were doing a NORMAL beg. If you beg off the same NPC you could miss up the message and he would get the shoo beggar types messages, one after the other with no pauses between messages, but only till he got an items and then it be back to "here take this".

Oh he is also using three tamed horses to help block in the NPC.

I tried to report him and was in #8 for like 20 minutes but then he just quit begging, I bet it was due to the fact his pack was full of all the items he received "here take this" and it killed his script when he hit 125 items. So I killed my help summon and walk away.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

same on europa brit taverns, the one south of wwb, there is a beggar which begs since 5 hours and dont respond.. but beg avery npc in range.

the other is east end of the city britain, close to the alchemist there.

she already stay in piles of gold, because she is overweigthed.

S

Salty Pete

I guess that is why I keep running across piles of water pitchers (like 50-60 deep).

I

Infiniti

I'm computer illiterate and have no idea how people run/use scripts but if I did know I still wouldn't use one because I'm positive that they don't/can't get the feeling of satisfaction that I do when I finally gm a skill.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LS Luna smith shop, the shroom is slowing covering slef in gold piles.

I so like the webs, o wells another time cheaters win in UO.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same on europa brit taverns, the one south of wwb, there is a beggar which begs since 5 hours and dont respond.. but beg avery npc in range.

the other is east end of the city britain, close to the alchemist there.

she already stay in piles of gold, because she is overweigthed.
Now I train begging in the east tavern, but always attended. Using UOA, but since I don't use anything else as well it's minute and a half to run the macro press key and on and on lol. On the plus side, I'm getting to know the local denizens very well *chuckles*

X

Xel Naga

I witnessed a guy doing this with a script I'm well aware of how it works and posted a video of it as well as paged a GM several times.

Apparently the GM has no idea about a 10second delay in retrying the skill and thinks it's normal gameplay to beg repeatedly with an exploit.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=109986

I tried to report him and was in #8 for like 20 minutes but then he just quit begging, I bet it was due to the fact his pack was full of all the items he received "here take this" and it killed his script when he hit 125 items. So I killed my help summon and walk away.
Nope, when you hit 125 items you simply continue to get gains, however you never receive the item so the NPC never stops trying to give it to you.

Basically you load yourself up with 125 items, beg an NPC in heartwood and you'll never get the item, however since you succeeded in begging you will get gains but never need to move to another npc unless someone else begs it.

The player was most likely not AFK and simply letting it bot the begging while they browsed a website or tv and just came back to reply to the GM to let them know they're not AFK when he came to check. Gotta love how untrained the GMs are now that they have no idea about game mechanics and what an exploit, script, or bot is or does let alone punish people for anything other than being afk skill training. I swear I could make the game better in 1 week and do a better job than what the GMs have done in the past year.

L

Lord Kynd

I witnessed a guy doing this with a script I'm well aware of how it works and posted a video of it as well as paged a GM several times.

Apparently the GM has no idea about a 10second delay in retrying the skill and thinks it's normal gameplay to beg repeatedly with an exploit.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=109986

Nope, when you hit 125 items you simply continue to get gains, however you never receive the item so the NPC never stops trying to give it to you.

Basically you load yourself up with 125 items, beg an NPC in heartwood and you'll never get the item, however since you succeeded in begging you will get gains but never need to move to another npc unless someone else begs it.

The player was most likely not AFK and simply letting it bot the begging while they browsed a website or tv and just came back to reply to the GM to let them know they're not AFK when he came to check. Gotta love how untrained the GMs are now that they have no idea about game mechanics and what an exploit, script, or bot is or does let alone punish people for anything other than being afk skill training. I swear I could make the game better in 1 week and do a better job than what the GMs have done in the past year.

so if i load up my backpack so i can not hold any more item's .. i will gain faster ?

L

Lord Kynd

Now I train begging in the east tavern, but always attended. Using UOA, but since I don't use anything else as well it's minute and a half to run the macro press key and on and on lol. On the plus side, I'm getting to know the local denizens very well *chuckles*
do you use the skill agent in uoA ? or are you setting up some sort of macro ?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have tested this in Heartwood, and it has quietly been fixed. You now have the delay even if you can't accept the items.
Excellent work!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must confess, I use scripts for my beggar. Mostly movie ones though:
Highlander: "There can be only one *cough* more coin in my pocket"
Terminator: "I'll be back for more handouts"
and I also use... :eyes: Ohh, this is about skill training scripts... :blushing:
I don't tolerate them, but it's hard to script on Seige :gun: (that's where my beggar is).

Staying Alive,

BG