• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Screenshot Thread

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'll see if I can remember to grab more tomorrow!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Character selection screen:
It appears we will get 3 characters per account (subject to post beta changes)
You get to select a wide variety of hair/clothes/eyes/colors when creating your character. You also choose a full name an a unique nickname for each character. (Names can be reserved now for a price ;p)
I think the character selection screen is kinda dark. The entire game isn't as it goes from day to night outside, but most buildings have been dark and spooky.
Clothes can be added and removed (such as the jacket my girl is wearing there)
In London in the beta there are even clothing stores you can buy clothes/shoes to change into for a really high price. I'm sure other towns will have stores like this as well but London is where we are for Open beta and the only place I am allowed to talk about here other than Kingsmouth Town which is the scene of most of the rest of my screenshots.
Please note "Dev Demention1" is just like what shard you are on. It gives the "load" as in PC population and also under that where this character is logged out.

Attachments

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here's one of me dead because my internet went out last night so I just went to bed. LOL
Logged on today to grey scale!

Attachments

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sun just came up while I look for my zombies.... it appears to be Halloween as most of the houses have jackolanterns on the steps or in the yard. Some had paper ghosts and whatnot. I'm not trick or treating here. Hells no.

Attachments

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just died to a wisp. I'll try to get a screenshot after I res if I think I can do it without dying.
LOL! Omg I'm a newbie. YAY

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok Here's Wispwood. The green floaty things are wisps. I can't get too close I'm not ready for them yet. (Yes thats me in chat saying I love this game lol)
So mesmerized by the green floaty things I didn't realize it was kicking my ass.

Attachments

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
There are awesome. Thank you. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just realized I've been doing all this talking about Zombies but I haven't shown a SS of one yet.
Here's a "fresh" one all zoomed in nice and tight for ya...
XD

Attachments

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Haha
I'm having a fun casual time. Trying to wiggle my way into "closed" beta so I can play more during the week ;)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Good luck! I am still looking forward to your reports on your experiences.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
and yeah... I know. Closed Beta = no real reports. Still...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The feedback on the game has been mixed at best. I think a lot of people were going into it thinking it was much more hardcore than it is.
It's really quite casual. I spent an hour this evening looking for a hose in a junk yard. It was fun for me. Someone expecting war probably wouldn't have enjoyed it so much.
Then there's the regular group that you get in any beta that can't see the whole picture and don't realize what they are seeing is a small corner of the world and activities that the whole game encompasses.
Then you have people like me who are just drooling all over everything.
Yes, there are some things I don't like. I get annoyed that no matter what zombie attacks me they will always run past me and attack me from behind and will always make me turn my character around to fight. I think my character should automatically face whatever it is that is attacking me. Must be a habit I picked up playing Ultima Online for 15 years.
There's still a TON of things I don't know how to do. For instance there must be a better way to heal myself... there's probably better ways for me to do just about EVERYTHING I am doing.
Such little annoyances are my own problem. I hate to see people reviewing this game who honestly haven't given it a chance. One guy said "yeah I played for an hour it plays like Age of Conan which is terrible. This game sucks. What a let down" Umm... ok the first hour I spent just looking around the game so... yeah.
It's fun. To me that's all that matters.
PLUS
I am up to 500 zombie kills.
HA!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Was just rereading... I want to edit that's not to say there isn't going to be WAR. Major War. There seems to be some good PvP on the horizon. Seeing as how the three "factions" are all vying for world dominance during this very troubled zombie time there's going to be a whole other side to this game. Of course, since the public beta only allows you to make a character in ONE of these factions, you wont see the tip of the iceburg when it comes to the core conflicts of this game.

No, I don't know how the PvP is going to work yet. It seems like there will be PvP areas. We were told you will be able to PvM (or PvE) and quest with opposing faction. You will be able to party opposing factions. You will not be able to guild opposing factions.

Please note in this game they are not called "factions" or "party" or "guild" I just use these terms because I am familiar with them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have one more SS from beta weekend #2 then we are going to have to wait until next Friday! :(
I'll post it tomorrow. Gnite everyone

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As you can see I am still having LOS issues LOL

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just realized I've been doing all this talking about Zombies but I haven't shown a SS of one yet.
Here's a "fresh" one all zoomed in nice and tight for ya...
XD
Why is it not on fire yet?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I see my zombie SS got 104 views.
Is there anything else you all would like Screenshots of? I can start posting more on Friday.
Please let me know if any of you decide to play I'd love to hook up with you.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why is it not on fire yet?
Screenshot of me using my flame thrower will be posted on Friday. There are also gasoline containers you can light up when you are getting zombie ganked. I haven't learned to time it well enough to get the hell away fast enough and usually catch myself on fire though. LOL!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That's what I've done.
That's also how I catch myself on fire a lot...