• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Screen shot 101

M

MasterP

How do i upload SS to stratics from UOSU. They are bmp files but they tell me invalid file every time.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Screenshot Only Thread

How do i upload SS to stratics from UOSU. They are bmp files but they tell me invalid file every time.
Don't use the upload crap on Stratics. It's junk.

Pro Tip - ( Imageshack.us )

M

mutau

Can you save it as another type? like JPG? I've been able to upload with jpg all the time.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Open the files with something such as paint. Save as .jpg file. Then you can upload to any picture hosting site.

S

SUPRsalad

Open the files with something such as paint. Save as .jpg file. Then you can upload to any picture hosting site.
.jpg usually screws up the color. I use .png for almost everything. It seems to be becoming the industry standard..

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

photo bucket ftw!

it keeps all my **** in place sense i like to reformat every once in a while just cus i hate using the same os for long periods of times. that and the cracks wear down!

G

Gellor

I've moved these posts out of the screen shot thread. Maybe we can start a clear discussion of what screen shot utilities here, where to host screen shots, and how to post them.

S

SUPRsalad

photobucket changes your formats, and generally, to a really crappy .jpg.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im confused on what to say lol true or false, but yeah i do agree with you on the compression ratio with the formats, so i agree yes png ftw!