• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scrappers Compendium?

G

Forgive me. I have recently returned to uo after a 3 year break, I wont rehash my reasons for leaving. I have returned mainly due to the urging of the great friends I made here over the years. But thats another story.

Can someone please tell me what a scrappers compendium is? I saw one for sale, for alot of gold, I thought it was a spell book made by someone named scrapper! Its good to be noob again! Laugh if you must, I would, but please answer. If this is a type of spell book, how does it differ from regular spell books?

Thanks, and good gaming!

C

Chameleon

Scrapper's Compendium is a craftable artifact.

Properties are as follows:
Blessed
Spell Damage Increase 25%
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost 10%

Can have extra properties on them like being a slayer book.
Require to learn receipe (from the heartwood quest) in order to craft this.

Crafting Information:
Skill Required: 85.0 Inscription
Success Chance: 0%

Resources Needed:
100 Blank Scroll
10 Corruption
1 Dread Horn Mane
10 Taint

The ingredient is obtain from peerless bosses and it's expensive in the player vendor (depending on which shard you are in).

You may like to look at the list of craftable artifacts to get yourself familiar with.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/artifacts.php?category=2342

G

Thank you very much, that is everything I wondered and more.

G

so, am i right in understanding that you can get a scrappers recipe from any quest that you get a craftsman's satchel?

M

Morcar

<blockquote><hr>

Scrapper's Compendium is a craftable artifact.

Properties are as follows:
Blessed
Spell Damage Increase 25%
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost 10%

Can have extra properties on them like being a slayer book.
Require to learn receipe (from the heartwood quest) in order to craft this.

Crafting Information:
Skill Required: 85.0 Inscription
Success Chance: 0%

Resources Needed:
100 Blank Scroll
10 Corruption
1 Dread Horn Mane
10 Taint

The ingredient is obtain from peerless bosses and it's expensive in the player vendor (depending on which shard you are in).

You may like to look at the list of craftable artifacts to get yourself familiar with.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/artifacts.php?category=2342

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any info anywhere as to how to start these quests and stuff?

I hear about these Peerless bosses everywhere but have no idea on where to find them!

V

vorius

<blockquote><hr>

Is there any info anywhere as to how to start these quests and stuff?

I hear about these Peerless bosses everywhere but have no idea on where to find them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear hear!

I too can't find any info on these elusive peerless monsters!

Why is it that the cheapest taint I can find on the market is like over 500,000 gold ea. while I can find Scrapper's for 350k, which requires 10 taint to produce!

Also, what about these heartwood quests I sometimes see mentioned where people get talismans... where is Heartwood? Do these quests involve killing monsters? Can I get resources like taint in these quests?

M

Morcar

I know the Portal to Heartwood is at South Yew, but I haven't got the Mondain expansion, so I can't get in.

C

Chameleon

Try looking at this site

http://www.uostuff.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Heartwood moongate is in Yew but which part of Yew depends on the shard you are in.
Any rune library in your shard would have marked rune to heartwood moongate. You need to be ML upgraded to be able to access this moongate which takes you straight to Heartwood.

Different receipe is obtain from different quest. e.g. Tailoring receipe is obtain from the tailoring quest, etc.

From UO Stuff site, the Scrapper recipe is acquired rarely from empty bottle, tinker tool, clock, barrel tap, and wind chime quests.

When it's mentioned rare, it's no kidding!

And yes, peerless ingredient is that expensive. so best if you can fight peerless bosses to obtain those.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Try looking at this site

http://www.uostuff.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Heartwood moongate is in Yew but which part of Yew depends on the shard you are in.
Any rune library in your shard would have marked rune to heartwood moongate. You need to be ML upgraded to be able to access this moongate which takes you straight to Heartwood.

Different receipe is obtain from different quest. e.g. Tailoring receipe is obtain from the tailoring quest, etc.

From UO Stuff site, the Scrapper recipe is acquired rarely from empty bottle, tinker tool, clock, barrel tap, and wind chime quests.

When it's mentioned rare, it's no kidding!

And yes, peerless ingredient is that expensive. so best if you can fight peerless bosses to obtain those.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got lucky and got both the Scrappers recipe and the Pendant recipe almost back to back in the same 4 hour sitting while working Tinkering up to GM. Also got the Resilient Bracer twice. The RNG was well on my side that day.