• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scouting Mission (2/25)

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attention all Guards and Adventurers in service to Britannia,

The base of operations for Janus and his mercenaries has been located in the woods east of Skara Brae. Before we can move on the base, we need to gather some intelligence on the fortifications inside the base itself. We have learned that there will be a small window of opportunity where the base will be largely empty without its usual complement of defenses. During this time period, I ask that any scouts who are HIGHLY skilled at concealing themselves enter the base and see what they can learn. It is VITALLY important that we do not arouse suspicion by being seen.

The base is located underneath the pond at coordinates 67° 45′S, 09° 42′E. Please find out what you can in regards to anything that may help us in a future raid. I will be stationed at the southernmost farm on the Skara Brae mainland (you should see farmer Jacob outside tending his fields). I will take reports at the end of the allotted time.

Thank you, and good luck.

-Lord Eamon

Skara Brae Rangers

~~~~~~~~~~~

Where: The woods between Skara Brae and the Shrine of Spirituality, in Trammel

When: Saturday, February 25th

Time: 7-9pm EST (you may conduct an investigation at any time during the period)

There will be a short debriefing with Lord Eamon shortly after 9pm. At 9pm the base will be locked down – it is HIGHLY recommended you find your way out before this time. Please note that your actions during this event WILL effect the next event at this location – try your best not to be seen by any of the mercenaries. THIS IS NOT A COMBAT MISSION. You CAN do this mission without the Hiding and/or Stealth skill, but it will be VERY difficult (unless you can find a creative way to conceal yourself from the mercenary guards, that is...).​

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I understand it correctly that, differently to the Cartography and Alchemy Missions which had a few days to be performed, this one will only be possible to be carried out in a 2 hours window on Saturday, February 25th, between 7 and 9 pm EST ?

Also, that different to the previous ones which started at Thorpe, this one will require talking to the Farmer Jacob to be started ?

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct - there is only a two hour window for this event. It is a bit more of an RP prelude to the larger event that will involve an actual raid of the base. This is a small event that can be done at your own pace - you do not need to talk to Jacob, but Eamon will be nearby if you wish to interact with him.

This is NOT connected to the Investigator system which awards points. Again, this is primarily an RP event (although as mentioned, the actions of those who decide to undertake this mission will effect the next stage in the story). We will always mention Thorpe and/or the possibility to get points in the Investigator system if it is part of an event.

It is not required to turn in a report to Lord Eamon (as you don't get anything tangible by doing so), but the knowledge gained from the scouts will hopefully be of use to the raiding party later on...

For reference, here is a summary of the events that have led us to this point in the arc: The Path Forward : Catskills

This is a separate arc from the one involving the curse in Trinsic, but because they are in the same world, you may notice SOME small overlap between the two.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Time: 7-9pm EST (you may conduct an investigation at any time during the period)
[/CENTER]

Well, the time is right, 25 minutes past the start time (i.e. 7:25pm EST) but there is not much to scout since it ain't possible to pass the Gate carrying a Guardian Lock....

Saying only beating the Guardians would allow to touch the Gate but there is no Guardian to be seen nearby...

How is one supposed to scout a Base that cannot be accessed, period ?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps :

Looks like you are a day early, so nothings going on.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like you are a day early, so nothings going on.

I must be really stressed out.....too much to do and always not enough time....
Somehow, I was convinced it was saturday evening and it was friday......

I guess I need to find a way to slow down, I am really getting too much stressed out......