• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scary Problem - am I the only one?

K

Karthcove

There have now been numerous instances (not every time) of when I get within a couple of screens of a dragon, wyrmm, drake, greater dragon they don't target me but they follow me. I can run a few screens away and invis myself only to have the creature fly up to me and sit on my head - if I stand there long enough, they do attack.

One example;
Last night in Destard - came up on a greater drag with 1986 hit points, I invised, honored myself and commenced to taming - I failed to tame in the time I had and was able to escape out the main entrance. Knowing he was right at the main entrance I recalled in the a back part of Destard (safe spot in a cove where the water eles and chests are). I still had the greater drags life bar on the screen and the next thing I know he flies up to me - from 6-7 full screens away!

This is a daily occurrence for me no matter if its in valor, destard, wind and even the daemon temple - this happening to anyone else?

G

Well, I know that if something is targeting you while you recall away, they'll go super-speed mode towards you.

H

Honest Dan

Hehehe this happens to me a number of times too. Yes, was kinda weird but they dont attack you thou. BUT dont dismount coz then they will attack you. I normally just peace them and they stop following me.
I think it is some sort of a bug or something.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Hehehe this happens to me a number of times too. Yes, was kinda weird but they dont attack you thou. BUT dont dismount coz then they will attack you. I normally just peace them and they stop following me.
I think it is some sort of a bug or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever wonder if some monsters might have tracking skill as a hidden ability we just can't see? The more I read about incidents with greater dragons, the more I wonder.

V

Vincia Eaglehorn

i think it happened to everyone.

it must be a kind of bug ..... it happens when you was targeted by something and you recall to another server ... yes i think server ... dungeons for example are on an own server while the surface is on another server ..... then short after you recalled out or left the server and come back the creature follows you in super speed without to attack you .... after a time it attacks you

I

imported_revenant2

Yeah I've seen this. The monster follows you - and really, follows you at the faster, following speed and not the normal hey-i'm-trying-to-stalk-and-eat-you speed. I never bothered with working out the exact circumstances which cause it and making a bug report. It's usually harmless when it happens and there's other, nasty stuff I'd sooner see fixed.

It's not harmless when it happens where the Hiryus/Lesser Hiryus are - crossing that server line, and uh, the monster might be both attacking you and following you like this.