• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scammers on Catskills

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There's a group (guild) of people running a scam on Catskills shard pretending to be well known people.

Please PLEASE use vendors for all transactions. If a vendor is unavailable PLEASE ICQ confirm who you are talking to.
If it is a large deal for a large sum of money and you need a vendor for the one transaction and are unable to use either of your houses to place the vendor, feel free to contact me at 95129146 and I will allow you to place a temporary vendor in one of my houses for free.

If someone says the item is blessed and can't be traded so let's just use this packhorse... just say no.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolutely.

/signed.

If you need a broker on Catskills I will happily be a third party for free.

Just ICQ the # in the signature or PM me here. I am not always on Q, but I check Stratics thru-out the day.

Rule of thumb: if the "seller" is in a hurry, then walk away, probably a scam.

Do NOT trade gold for a pack animal with an item/items. This is absolutely the way to lose your gold.

(if someone is saying they are "Supsoc" or any other well known trader from another shard, let me know and I will tell you if it is them, I do biz with most of them, as do many others on Cats. No way to fake an ICQ #)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Luck scamming for long here... most everyone on Cats is ICQ'd already.. I feel bad for them that got scammed.. But someone once said.. "Caveat Emptor".

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone.

I heard about someone using my name and scamming people.. I am truly sorry this happened. I am NOT on Catskills selling anything, nor even log on that shard right now.

Please always use a well known broker. I know Slickjack is trustworthy and should be used as a 3rd party. Like he said, if they are in a hurry, just walk away. If the deal is to good to be true, it's a scam.

-SupSoc Inc.-

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Update

This person continues to scam. He is using the name Queen Mum now. Please be aware this is NOT the real queen mum.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the heads up ... The only trading I would do on any shard, other than my home shard of Sonoma, is for Gifts and it would be straight trades with no GOLD in the transaction.

Feel free to add my icq - 168 812 018 (without spaces) to verify that it is really Queen Mum (moi) doing the transaction with you ... I'm sorry if anyone got scammed under the pretense of my name ...

*cookie hugs to Flutter for the heads up*