• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scammer or Real Message??

D

donnallg

My friend got an in game message and she's really confused and scared about this message she got.

We have been working really hard at getting money to buy rares and now she's scare it's going to be taken away.

It was from someone named E-A Employee.
I tried to get the image up here but not sure how so I'll type what was wrote.

" ID Number - 12462. We have come to believe that the simoleans on your account came from a simolean duplicator, which we caught and banned. The simoleans that you have we much conviscate to make it a fair play. Within 2 days you will be payed back 200% of the ammount you gave us."
Typed just as he typed it.

Now after reading it again sounds like he was trying to get her to give him the money in game. She didn't reply back to him or have any interactions with him.

G

It is a scam.....do not....repeat.....Do Not give them any money.

Have her report them in game <u>immediately</u> if they contact her again!

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That was done earlier. I'm sure he's changed his name by now. She didn't know what was going on but kept the screen up to screen shot it when she had the chance.

Edit: He's still in EALand. I just did a search. Can she still report him?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

But most likely it was just a scare or a threat from a player which can be ignored but if you feel it was harassment use the " ? " button to report the player &amp; message.

If the senders sim's name did not contain the follow:
1. Maxis in front of the sims name (for ex MaxisParizad) then its not a developer or employee of maxis.

2. A message box which has a different type of Font color and can not be X'ed out, plus the senders name is The Sims Online (or now it could be EA Land?) and a picture of the game logo where the face of the senders sim should be.

(This is what EA/Maxis used to do, they would IM people using a EA Account if they had suspicions of something or had to ask you something if you were reported or reported some one.)

If they did not have any of those 2 things in their names, It is most likely a scam or just a scare. However you can always ask one of the developers or Parizad@EA and/or use the " ? " to report someone.

Otherwise its probably something you can just ignore... maybe it was just some jealous player who wanted to scare you.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That was done earlier. I'm sure he's changed his name by now. She didn't know what was going on but kept the screen up to screen shot it when she had the chance.

Edit: He's still in EALand. I just did a search. Can she still report him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can still report him. Use the " ? " button and select the correct category, Messages can be recovered so if someone harasses another player Maxis can read and decide on what to do.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

" ID Number - 12462. We have come to believe that the simoleans on your account came from a simolean duplicator, which we caught and banned. The simoleans that you have we much conviscate to make it a fair play. Within 2 days you will be payed back 200% of the ammount you gave us."

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone is going to scam someone, at least act professional and don't misspell confiscate with conviscate , amount with ammount and must with much. It is a clear give away ... this is what makes me mad, people just cant stop ruining the game for others. And the last sentence is also a clear give away, when ever some one says they will pay you back double what you give them, then its too good to be true...!

D

donnallg

YW.

She was scared to death because she knew she didn't do anything wrong.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone is going to scam someone, at least act professional and don't misspell confiscate with conviscate , amount with ammount and must with much. It is a clear give away ... this is what makes me mad, people just cant stop ruining the game for others.

[/ QUOTE ]

She said that was throwing her off too. And that made her think it was a scam but wanted to be on the safe side.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Yeah some people are just plain dumb, not only will they eventually be caught, but they will also ruin the game for players. Its like committing a crime and leaving google map's directions to your hideout at the scene of the crime lol.

G

*****BEWARE***** Of sims offering to sell or trade you a robo cat as well, I got scammed out of 5 custom pc's and 5k on this one, and the guy tried it on 3 of my sims, I reported it all 3 times and it was dealt with, at least on that guys name.

D

donnallg

LOL

I have seen a few Scammers in the past 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's the same guy as he deletes when he's able to.

One tried to get me and a few of my friends. We reported him and I hope he wa taken care of. I got a message in game from Maxis saying they got my report.

G

Me too, thank u maxis!!!!
Dont care about getting my stuff back I just want the guy to PAY!!!!!!!!MUhahaha

D

donnallg

I'm sure he did. If it's the same guy he was reported on aleast 10 times.

He tried it with alot of people. Heard others besides my friends talking about him.

F

frogger2

yup got that same scam a very long time ago...and i had less the 5k so he made a big mystake by thinking I was a wealthy sim , in AV 5k isnt very much lol, but he should be reported if that sim contacts you or your friend again write down his/her name and report that S.O.B pronto. PS never ever give out to anyone your ID or Password Parizad says that enough times I know but talking about a scammer thats that tricky just remember they dont need your password for tech help just your sim name and house thats haveing any problems. good luck and happy siming stay away from scammers thier evil little turds lol. frogger of AV now frogger, sim,fry, and bender of EALAND.

G

I just spoke with Lee about this and did a report on it Here It is very important that you always question anyone asking for anything in game. And don't be afraid to use your in game report a player feature.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Its funny how according to jackie's report, his name claims that he works for EA, now this should also be a clear giveaway. Since when you try to type EA, Maxis, TSO before your sims name (regardless of any ' before or after the name), it does not not let you submit the name. Only real employees can have these titles like MaxisLee, MaxisLuc, MaxisParizad...!

So new players, do not fall for this scam, here are some facts ....

1. I remember getting a IM from Maxis in AV because I was reported for cussing in IM when cussing was still against the rules, and it was a IM Box that could not be X'ed out and the senders name was The Sims Online along with a TSO logo for where the face of a sim should have been. Thats a EA Employee.

2. Also now since we have the devs in game, anyone with Maxis in front of their names is a EA Employee.

3. His misspelling of key words like confiscate (he wrote conviscate) and much for must should also be considered suspicious...!

4. The fact that someone says they will double what you give them once they "give" it back should also be suspicious, if its too good to be true, its is so just ignore and report the player.

5. The fact that he says the simoleans you have, were once a botters, should also be suspicious. Why? Because if you haven't done any trades with anyone how would you get their money. Also Maxis has said that it is impossible to track ordinary items, rare pets and simoleans so their is no way he should be able to know how and where you got your simoleans from. So once again don't fall for it, ignore, ban &amp; report

As jackiee's news post says, EA Employees will NEVER ask for a password or money.

For all you new players, their are stratics guides at the sims.stratics.com home page, which teach you how to report and how to watch out for scams.

G

I have it on good authority that EA can track everything that takes place in game.

These people won't get far.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My friend got an in game message and she's really confused and scared about this message she got.

We have been working really hard at getting money to buy rares and now she's scare it's going to be taken away.

It was from someone named E-A Employee.
I tried to get the image up here but not sure how so I'll type what was wrote.

Typed just as he typed it.

Now after reading it again sounds like he was trying to get her to give him the money in game. She didn't reply back to him or have any interactions with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scam, always remember, if EA wants your simoleans, they can just wipe them .

G

Have they caught the culprits or is it still in process?

If you did give them $ can you get it back? (it wasn't me I promise!! Haven't been able to play the game in 2 days
)