• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] **Scam Warning**

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to warn every collector out there is a Exploit out there that allow to rename pet names with brackets [ ].
As you may know a dragon called "A Dragon [Orc Faction]" was delivered at an event on Europa shard. It is supposed to be (at least as far as I know) a unique labelling making it a very valuable pet.
Anyways the other day a guy of which I wont make name offered it to me for 15mils.
I bought it as I'm collecting euro EM rares for a museum on Europa.
Only later I was told by the same guy on ICQ that he had scammed me using this exploit...
Watch out. DONT BUY IT.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
:eek:snap:
"nice" of him to let you know...

I hope you reported his butt

D

DVI

what kinda moron lets you know afterwards....

thats almost as bad as the time my account and email got hacked and 6 months later the guy icq'd me with a smiley face and gave me the password to my email.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you know its a scam? do you mean anyone can create pets with brackets on the name?

D

DVI

i believe there was a similar problem when KR came out, and you could rename pets in a manner not possible in the legacy 2d client

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats almost as bad as the time my account and email got hacked and 6 months later the guy icq'd me with a smiley face and gave me the password to my email.
that's just creepy... like waking up and seeing a clown doll in your bedroom, grinning at you...

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you know its a scam? do you mean anyone can create pets with brackets on the name?
I know this is a scam because just after that guy sold me the dragon he began making popping up pets named with brackets at luna bank...lol

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a way in which I am certain if I divulge it here I will be warned on stratics for the third time this week, to rename a pet with as many spaces/special characters/etc. as you would like.

T

Tinsil

There is a way in which I am certain if I divulge it here I will be warned on stratics for the third time this week, to rename a pet with as many spaces/special characters/etc. as you would like.
Ban incoming!

Lol. News to me on this exploit though. Thanks for the info everyone.