• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scam Alert

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought I would let all of you know about this so no one loses anything.

First off I play ATL so this is for ATL but could be others also

No need to say names because the can just use another char.

Method is

Someone says he/she will buy they item.
Ask you to lock it down in house to prove it's not dupe.(my first clue)
Then he ask for a gate to look
You show him he says meet him at bank then cast recall

This is where he Hides and I'm sure you know the rest.

So people please remember to Always Always detect hidden before locking items down and releasing them.

I did not fall into his trap since I Always detect.

Just a Warning for everyone out there.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

And how would locking something proove its not a dupe then? :/

G

This is similar to the scam where they tell you they know how to dupe an item. You put it in a box and secure it on the floor, then you chop it up, and supposedly it dupes the item. Except when you do, the obvious happens, the item falls to the floor and the other person grabs it and runs off.

Does this make sense? No, of course not, but do people still fall for it? Yes, of course.

G

Back in the day, many moons ago, I did fall for this scam. A guy got me for a pair of Royal Leggings of Ember. I had like 2 or 3 pair and was going to get 1.5 mill for these --that should tell you how long ago this was-- He danced around and showed off for me, he was proud of himself. Wish I could find him today I have a few more pair I wish he would steal!!

G

Ah royal leggings of embers the noob players dream legs! Since the 10th anny heritage gifts I've been finding them for as cheap as 100k. Might not seem worth it, but eventually those tokens will get used up, and prices will rise alil. Unless EA decides more heritage tokens for christmas would be an awesome idea!

G

If you read the post again you will see...
He "pretended" to recall, instead hit hidding. When the owner of the item went to release the item the person was still in the house, grabbed the item when the victim released it and off he went!

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you read the post again you will see...
He "pretended" to recall, instead hit hidding. When the owner of the item went to release the item the person was still in the house, grabbed the item when the victim released it and off he went!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you clarifying something? I'm confused what you're trying to say? This was eviden in the Op's post.

G

If you will notice I was responding to qwen where he/she asked what locking something down had to do with scamming....!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

And how would locking something proove its not a dupe then? :/

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

If you will notice I was responding to qwen where he/she asked what locking something down had to do with scamming....!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

duping...not scamming...the statement and the sad face would imply she wasn't asking for clarification, but expressing incredulity that someone would believe something so foolish

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

*points up*
What he said.

Oh and its Gwen and she

red72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
detect hidden works no matter how much skill u have as long as ur in ur house and it reveals the entire house..... i know because sum1 from a very well known website said he wanted to take a pic of it luckily i checked and found another of his chars hidden next to the items

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes reveal is not 100% but when you use detect hidden while in your home it is 100% even if you have zero skill in it. Also, anytime you are locking and unlocking stuff in your home it's always best to go private on the home first. It only takes 1/2 a second to go to that and is always safe

G

One of the oldest scams in the book and roughly speaking the only one i ever fell for about 5 years ago

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol yea i use detect every time i log in at my house and Anyone thats hidden gets banned....cant stand ppl like that...ppl just sit by my items all day and night just incase i unlock one=/....gayness i tell ya lol

G

Well then pardon me for misreading something... and sorry for the mispronounced name as with the line under your name I was not certain if it was a G or a Q as most names begin with a capital letter....

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

lol yea i use detect every time i log in at my house and Anyone thats hidden gets banned....cant stand ppl like that...ppl just sit by my items all day and night just incase i unlock one=/....gayness i tell ya lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I just find it strange to log in or come to my house and see people wondering around in it.

I guess it's cool and all but somehow strange.