• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scalis

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got high seas.... dont laugh lol.

Just wondering if you have to be out at sea to spawn him or can you stand on shore?

Also what is the chance of spawning him at 0 fishing?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only use fishing nets in deep water. You can use the fishing nets regardless of your fishing skill. Fishing skill increases your chances to pull up Scalis using a fabled fishing net. According to developers, at GM fishing, your chance to pull up Scalis using a fabled fishing net is 25%.

I first checked uoguide and then tested the things above to answer your post. Also, I just pulled up Scalis with 0.0 Fishing and using a Gargoyle char (so no Jack of all Trades Fishing skill bonus either) at my very first try. It is now in New Magincia docks in Europa if you are interested. It doesn't mean that it will spawn at your first try too, but it means there is still a good chance for you to spawn it without the fishing skill.

Edit: Two good spots for Scalis is the Buc's docks and the New Magincia docs, both of which are long enough to reach deep water.

Last edited:

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks alot for the info!! Much appreciated! I play chessy otherwise I would be all over that Scalis lol. Thanks though!