• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Scaffolding

F

feath

Bokke, who ever you've hooked up with is taking you for a ride.
They're telling you these items are worth a LOT of money - and they are!
The problem is, from the items I've seen you ask about, they are all VERY high end, highly duped items. The people who can afford these items know they are duped, and extremely hot to handle, and don't buy them. Those who don't know they are duped, can't afford them, generally. You might find someone to buy it, there are people who don't care, but they are thin on the ground.
So if someone is telling you, you can resell them and make a fortune, it's very unlikely. possible, but unlikely.
Just thought I'd tell you that. You can of course, disregard this, as it IS your time and money involved.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Bokke, who ever you've hooked up with is taking you for a ride.
They're telling you these items are worth a LOT of money - and they are!
The problem is, from the items I've seen you ask about, they are all VERY high end, highly duped items. The people who can afford these items know they are duped, and extremely hot to handle, and don't buy them. Those who don't know they are duped, can't afford them, generally. You might find someone to buy it, there are people who don't care, but they are thin on the ground.
So if someone is telling you, you can resell them and make a fortune, it's very unlikely. possible, but unlikely.
Just thought I'd tell you that. You can of course, disregard this, as it IS your time and money involved.
She right. 99% of the event stuff is duped. And yet everything someone tries to sell seems to be the 1%. I have seen on atlantic, all kinds of stuff. SNOW, BURNING EMBERS, all start at 100 million over the last 5 weeks they keep going down.

Id save you gold and buy either new event stuff as of SEPT 1 08. Or concentrate in the in game events that are going on now.

Less you have gold to burn. Youll lose.

Or take this advice. Dont pay more the 25 million for any event item.

To much duping.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She right. 99% of the event stuff is duped.
This forum is cursed to have this rather false exaggeration repeated ad infinitum. lol

W

Wraith One

The scaffolding is worth usually around the 250-350mil range depending on shard, and buyer.

T

tiggertessa2007

i actualy know where one of these are at in an idoc i am currently stalking,,,along with most of the other well known dupes,,,will it stop me from looting the item and selling it,,,noooooo way!!!! i was personaly told by a gm, who i made go in and look at the stuff, that i could not get in trouble for having those items, and apparently neither could the house owner cause i think they would have torched it when he had a look inside. this house has 2 peice marble table, folded sheet, scaffolding 2 peices,,,plough 2 peices,,,pure mandrake and gensing,,wind spirit,,, a singing ball and a server birth vase. besides that i have seen some pretty high on the list people on here post well known dupes forsale. i think if u honestly want the item duped or not people will buy it, and i dont *think* could be wrong,, that a gm would ban u for having an item that may or may not be duped,,,,unless u have atleast 4 or 5 of some mega rare. how would the avrage person know if an item is duped anyway? i mean i know we know what is being duped by how often they are showing up, but how do u know that ur one single item is that dupe. like me finding my stuff in idocs, maybe dupes maybe not. i only see 1 of each thing in the house, now if i saw 10 wind spirits in a trunk id promptly turn them in as i did the trunk of 125 ornys i found last winter. ok enuff rambling, id go ahead and post it for sale tho if i was u and u want to sell it.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rationalization only works till it does not work.

E

Elbryan Uthador

i actualy know where one of these are at in an idoc i am currently stalking,,,along with most of the other well known dupes,,,will it stop me from looting the item and selling it,,,noooooo way!!!! i was personaly told by a gm, who i made go in and look at the stuff, that i could not get in trouble for having those items, and apparently neither could the house owner cause i think they would have torched it when he had a look inside. this house has 2 peice marble table, folded sheet, scaffolding 2 peices,,,plough 2 peices,,,pure mandrake and gensing,,wind spirit,,, a singing ball and a server birth vase. besides that i have seen some pretty high on the list people on here post well known dupes forsale. i think if u honestly want the item duped or not people will buy it, and i dont *think* could be wrong,, that a gm would ban u for having an item that may or may not be duped,,,,unless u have atleast 4 or 5 of some mega rare. how would the avrage person know if an item is duped anyway? i mean i know we know what is being duped by how often they are showing up, but how do u know that ur one single item is that dupe. like me finding my stuff in idocs, maybe dupes maybe not. i only see 1 of each thing in the house, now if i saw 10 wind spirits in a trunk id promptly turn them in as i did the trunk of 125 ornys i found last winter. ok enuff rambling, id go ahead and post it for sale tho if i was u and u want to sell it.

So you actually had a GM show up and go into the house and look at all the items and tell you that you won't get in trouble for owning them? I would like to see the log or screenshots of that.

T

tiggertessa2007

i dont have any atm, but ill page again and see if i can get one to show up again and get some shots for ya. ill even get one of something everyone suspects is a dupe on atl and a gm telling me it is ok to own it. i had a friend page over an event item that she wanted but knows their dupes, and she does have screen shots of a gm telling her it was ok to buy them.she would not get in trouble only the dupers of the items would get in trouble.

T

Teufel_Hund

i dont have any atm, but ill page again and see if i can get one to show up again and get some shots for ya. ill even get one of something everyone suspects is a dupe on atl and a gm telling me it is ok to own it. i had a friend page over an event item that she wanted but knows their dupes, and she does have screen shots of a gm telling her it was ok to buy them.she would not get in trouble only the dupers of the items would get in trouble.

NO GM is going to be able to tell you any particular item is a dupe, and Tessa your last line flys right in the face of what Jeremy clearly stated that ANY player haveing an excessive number of Duped items could potentially be banned. that was the reason given for a good portion of the most recent bannings.

R

RavenWinterHawk

This forum is cursed to have this rather false exaggeration repeated ad infinitum. lol
Thomas you cant have a false exaggeration.

Anyway. On a serious note. Why not start a list of EVENT items that were not duped. It would help the UO buyers. And establish a boundary on false exaggerations.

Just a thought.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There already is a thread that covers a subset of items that are unlikely to have been duped.

T

tiggertessa2007

ahh u know what scratch that, i dont care if anyone believes me or not. if u could get in trouble for having a dupe, owning a dupe, or selling a dupe,,then luna would have no vendors and over half the houses would be charred...ill have some good items 4 sale friday :)

C

Ceridwen

Um... I tried to find info about it, but only found a shop selling it for RL cash...
Could you post a pic of it, please? :) (just curious...)

T

tiggertessa2007

here is a pict of it of course this is not the house that will be falling,,,i knew where another one was at. i just get tired of argueing with people on here,,if u have 1 of something , ur not duping the item urself,,and u dont know proof positive that it is a dupe then it realy may not be. if u obtained something legaly, then what are u at fault of? ok nuff rambling yet again here is pict

C

Ceridwen

Ah, that :) Thanks, now I remember seeing that in Simon's house - looks great on marmor.

W

Wraith One

Posting a list of the unique item tracking guide, which manticore has done already, is the list of non-duped event items your looking for. As for any other items.... It is really hard to tell as some events were so long ago and gave out more than one item. The items changed hands once or several times, some ended up deleted, lost, or unaccounted for. You also must consider that there has been more than 1 dupe method in the past, making some items duped from the past and not recently. Yes, it does make it very difficult to trust any item you see up for sale, which is why it is a good thing you ask about it before buying. Buying a duped item isn't illegal, but it may be immoral to some. Just keep in mind that if you do buy a duped item, there is a risk of the item being destroyed. e.g. vine cord sandles.