• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saving the Journal Log as a text file

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have Windows Vista and cannot save the journal as a text file. I spent over an hour trying to get it to work and nada. I also hear that those that have Win7 are having the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas on how/if it can be done? If anyone does know a way to do this please explain it as clearly as possible. Think of SaveJournal for Dummies!

Thanks!

B

Beer_Cayse

Have you tried Journal Converter? Right off the UO Stratics News page in the downloads section. I tried it a long time ago on the CC and it did pretty well. Not sure if it's effective on the EC tho.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amber,

I can't imagine why the way this feature works from the game's standpoint would be different - it sounds like a permissions issue. The game has to be able to write all the data to the journal file on the hard drive, and it is refreshed when the client is closed from what I recall in the past. Can you give us some additional details, such as what is the path you are using in your UO config file to the journal file? Are you running UO with admin privileges?

-Skylark