• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saving macros in 2d.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be reformatting and don't want to redo macros. I remember there used to be a way to save them in a file and reload them later. Anyone remember how?

Thanks in advance.

Blackweb

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be reformatting and don't want to redo macros. I remember there used to be a way to save them in a file and reload them later. Anyone remember how?

Thanks in advance.
I just upgraded my laptop, and couldn't remember either. After looking around, I found a folder under Electronic Arts, Ultima Online Classic. It was titled with my Login name. In it are files for any of the shards you play on, all of the characters there. I copied the whole folder, and placed it in the identical place on the new install. Everything was then back to the way I had it set up previously.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's generally under documents/ea games/ultima online legacy/user data (ultima online Stygian abyss/user data, if you use the ec) save that user data folder then put it back when you are done and you should be golden

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Save your macros2d.txt file in a safe place. When you re-install UO, go into the main folder and delete the Macros.txt and macros2d.txt file (if it's listed). Then copy your saved macros2d.txt file into the main UO folder and you'll be set. This will set it as the default macro set for any new character you create.

I have my macros2d.txt file saved in about 4 different locations so I don't ever lose it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Easiest way I have found to locate them is just to search for my character name on my computer. Takes me right to 'em.... YEPP!!! I am not a computer guru and am borderline lazy when it comes to the PC :D

*edit*

I also email the files from an alt email account to my primary email account. Any time I update macros in game I update the email. It blows when your hard drive dies and then have to reset all macros on the new pc :/

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go into - My Documents - EA Games/Electronic Arts -> Then save the whole account folde(its a folder with your uo account name) to either a memory stick or a seperate hard drive, or cloud or whatever, then when you reinstall after format just move that folder back to the spot it should be in.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I f you use uoassist, don't forget to backup those macros, depending on where you installed they're normally found under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UOAssist\UOA-Settings
Also copy your uoassist key, open uoassist, click the ? on the bottom right, then click Registration and you'll find your key there.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Figured this would be a good spot to put this...

Have two accounts mine and sons who no longer plays but my wife is going to start playing on his old one. I am trying to set macros the same for one char (mage/sw/tamers) on both accounts so I can just tell her across the room how to keep me healed (yeah, if a man wants his lady to play he needs a healer :p haha). I figured I would just have to copy the Macros2d text document from the first characters folder to the folder of the second character on the other account... but no luck. It did not work. Got frustrated trying to get it to work and finally just copied ALL the files in the first characters folder over to the second char on the other account and still no luck...

Ideas?

*note*
Yes ladies, I was just kidding.. no need to attempt to find me and send an e-bolt up my rear :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your wife's pc has an ancient windows or running in compatibility of one, they may be saved directly in the UO install folder. Can check if there is a "User Data" folder in it. Or remove any compatibility modes.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks for the suggestions. Deleted those two and then deleted everything in the characters folder. Closed out CC, logged back in CC and then they were all finally there. Appreciate it y'all.