• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saving Hot Key Macro

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

All of my characters on all of my accounts use Hot Keys (F1 Allnames, F2 last object, etc). I have never had success having the macro or Hot Keys being remembered on a character by character basis.

What I mean is this, is there a way once a character on an account sets a hot key for that to be tied to that character so it works each time the character logs on?

I think currently if one character on acct A sets a hot key, but then another character on same acct uses same hot key for different use it overwrites the 1st character.

So Basically I guess I have 2 questions:

Is there a way to save all my hot key settings character by character?

and,

On Skills Parchment I create either a New or Active Group for each character placing their used skills all in one Group. Is there a method to also save those settings Character by Character?

Thank You in Advance for any and all help!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, they're supposed to save individually. I'm not sure why yours don't.
When you create your hot keys do you then log out of the game through the paper doll or just exit?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always log out thru paperdoll, only exceptions are if I crash, or internet connection fails.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What operating system? (wondering if this could be a Win7/Vista run as administrator issue)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just curious, do the characters have the same name?

also do you have the global settings box checked?(in uoa)

B

Beer_Cayse

Also, does the account or character name have a space in it that could prevent proper OS handling of folder paths? Normally this should produce an error message ... but there have been cases of silent failure.