• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saurosauros

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saurosaurus - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

When I tamed it and looked at its front page stats, I thought it would be a good pet.

When I got the first 100% I noticed you cant add any Area Effects or Special Moves. It only has a magic category. And in that category there is only poisoning. Click poisoning and that's all you can add.

I took it to Destard and got a good test crowd right away. It killed the 2 dragons easy enough. But the Greater Dragon took 10 to 15 minutes to kill. It took a lot of bandages and heals. Maybe its because this pet is not skilled. I do have 600 saved points on it. Glad I didn't scroll it up. Maybe someone has a skilled version of this pet and has better results. They do come with over 100 Wrestling and tactics. Mine were 107.

The naturally high Intelligence does not allow for max strength. I did Dex last, so I hit caps...

Saurosauros.png

Last edited:

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Interesting and good to know. I was looking at possibly training one up but not sure now. I feel like such high int is a waste on a pet if you can't add a spell casting skill to it. And like you mentioned, it detracts from the maximum strength allotment.

I noticed tigers are the same way? Or at least my tiger was. It could only be trained in poisoning for magic ability. I was really hoping you could put chivalry on it. At least the tiger has some other moves!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It starts with a number of abilities which limits what you can add to it.

But it's biggest problem, just like most pets, it mana. It's glacial mana regen would be a problem in itself, but then you have life leech there. Life leech sounds like a great unique move that is limited to only a couple of pets. However it uses mana every time your pet is hit. If more than one mob is whacking at your pet, then the mana is gone that much faster. So what happens is life leech uses up the mana first, at which point it's tanking abilities go out the window (very noticeable), and then it also has no mana for any special moves, so the DPS is not there too. I was pretty disappointed with this guy too.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when I leveled up mine, it gave me the option of adding poisoning the first time but I chose not to
The next round I didn't get it as an option
I didn't use a single power scroll on my pet and he is an awesome tank!!!!
I hardly ever have to heal him

Petrie.jpg

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I do have to say when I was first leveling I kept getting the message that Petrie "looks confused"
now the creatures he is fighting is saying "looks confused"

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do have to say when I was first leveling I kept getting the message that Petrie "looks confused"
now the creatures he is fighting is saying "looks confused"
Due to tail swipe I believe.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What was your decision for raising it's intelligence and not stamina/dex?
Honestly I thought I had raised the dex but I must have gotten the message about being in combat and it didn't get added.
Truth to be told I wasn't really sure what to add to it but it all worked out cause I really like what I got
so I asked my husband and he suggested adding intel as high as it could go

I am going to level up another one to see what it would be like with the poisoning

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Intel was already 410. I didn't raise it. I don't know why they start with so much intel.
Was referring to Cinderella's tame. lol :p

Honestly I thought I had raised the dex but I must have gotten the message about being in combat and it didn't get added.
Truth to be told I wasn't really sure what to add to it but it all worked out cause I really like what I got
so I asked my husband and he suggested adding intel as high as it could go

I am going to level up another one to see what it would be like with the poisoning
Not sure Int really helps with this tame tbh as it doesn't have a "casting" skill to benefit from it. It would bump mana regeneration a little, but I think you'd be better served spending the points on scrolling up med/focus and possibly a few other skills.

Nice tame though. :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saurosaurus can spawn with up to 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist, making them incredibly resistant to the two biggest sources of damage in game. They're particularly tanky against most kinds of Dragons due to those overcap resists. They also have Life Leech, which further enhances their tankiness (although they don't have the raw damage output to fully capitalize on Life Leech). The Saurosaurus deals 100% Physical Damage, and already has Concussion Blow+Tail Swipe, so can't learn any other Special Moves, and so he doesn't dish out much damage. They are more of a dedicated Tank pet, than a Damage Dealer.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
i tried it some time ago. Tanking is good but damage output is very small. It uses mana very fast. No AOE and miserable nerfed concussion. Which waste mana. 10 damage is a joke.