• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Satyr discord time limit now?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay. So I discorded a player who was working cartography, and it wore off in like five seconds.
Hm. That was a really short time for 120 & 120 skill...

Now he is claiming that satyr discord also wears off quickly.
Does it? Or did he let his satyr get out of sight?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They changed discord in PvP so maybe that is what you see? Works on Pets just fine.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The satyr disco lasts once you get it to take, but you cant leave anymore have to inviss and instantly move to have it to work.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're invissed for more than a second or two, or run through the sparkly teleporter and back in, the Discord wears off. Basically, you need a friend there to invis you as you're moving around after the Satyr discords you. That way the invis breaks aggro, but you almost immediately become visible due to moving. This is how you keep the Satyr's Discord on you. Then just follow around the Satyr as you train.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pawain is right: The discord from one player to another was changed due to PvP. So you can't discord a toon anymore for skill gain issues player to player.
Satyr still works, but with the disclaimers that were mentioned already. It's all a matter of timing, you can still trigger it yourself by invis yourself and instantly become visible again. May need some tries though. Maybe invis potions will work better!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please don't tell me people still do this in the Twisted Wield? A much better place is available....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No need to follow.
Put a "leash" on it.. :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Despise Phantom will Discord players. That's what he's alluding to. Train it up to Level 15, attack it and have it Discord you, then set it to Passive. It has higher Discord at Lvl 15 than most Satyrs.

Reactions: S_S

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Omg this is so leet, thanks for sharing this information! This is why I love these forums, knowledgeable veteran players who are willing to share juicy tidbits like this.