• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Saturday July 15th : Siege Council meeting

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 pm BST / 5 pm EST

King Blackthorn welcomes all new and re-elected governors! Also, welcome to all town representatives!

What you need to know

• Gates will be provided from the usual places.
  • Town Criers will do their usual thing.
  • Reminders will be sent via general chat an hour beforehand.
  • This is a standard council meeting.
  • Governors will be expected to attend, and provide a report on the state of their town. If you cannot attend, please send a report or a representative.
  • Player-run town representatives are invited to attend.
  • All citizens are welcome. If you would like to ask the king something, either approach your representative/governor, or step forward yourself.
  • Please keep all combat outside the council chambers unless you are fond of dips in the moat.
  • Please leave your pets outside. Any pets found in the council chamber will receive a complimentary bath in the moat.

Continue reading...

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I apparently had the timing wrong and thought this meeting was at 3 pm EST. I'm not going to be able to make it at 5 pm EST today and I have not found a representative to take my place.

The report for Britain is as follows:

Treasury balance is 6.9 million. I have been personally donating to keep the balance above water, but will need other Britain citizens to chip in to keep the trade deal going.

Current trade deal is Bardic Collegium. This trade deal will continue as long as the treasury can fund it.

Finally, as a public service announcement, the restrooms are out of service at The Lord's Clothiers and The Cat's Lair. We do not yet have a timetable for their repair. Please plan your bathroom breaks accordingly.

Thanks,

Starcon
Gov of Britain

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please let us know the Kings Choice for Governor of Moonglow, who probably won't show up for meetings anyway, so I can promptly resign and pick another town.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now Garth, don't you remember when Kimi got himself appointed Gov of Minoc and had all those promises of activities? I'm sure his reign in Moonglow will be equally productive..... /s

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Silent Singer Kimi will promise only one thing, that is to turn off the trade deal that has less then 2 million in it and not turn it back on till there at least ten million, now as how to do that will be the questions she will try to answer, she will put 10% of all earning from the luna vendors towards the stone and will run trade mission from Moonglow; for now that is all she will be doing.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Silent Singer Kimi will promise only one thing, that is to turn off the trade deal that has less then 2 million in it and not turn it back on till there at least ten million, now as how to do that will be the questions she will try to answer, she will put 10% of all earning from the luna vendors towards the stone and will run trade mission from Moonglow; for now that is all she will be doing.
When she's not spending 97% of her time on production shards.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@GarthGrey I will not lie, I do spend a lot of time across several shards. I am not into PvP action as most here seem to be and I missed the VvV battles since I'm not in GIL so no one contacts me when it is on. I do not spend a lot of time surfing Stratics as it is not my favor forum for any sort of information, I like the UO Guide page far better for any information I need. I have skilled tamers, bards and mages across several of the USA shards and I like doing the events they do. One of my favorite events is the Royal Spys on Great Lakes, those two do know how to put you thru the hoops when it comes to solving a mystery, another I like is the UORadio.com events. Find the DJ and Deal no Deal are a lot of fun. You listen live in game while there and it has always been fun. I missed last weeks UORadio events due to a three-hour tour. Back in the old days we had at least a small tower across several shards, today our houses are only on Sonoma and Siege. I do play mostly on Siege early, restocking vendors, gather resources, I am not in a guild like GIL that has nightly/daily events so I am not around during the evening hours here. So I am not tired to one shard when I go to have my UO fun.

This morning Kimi took a trip to glow, brought regants, did a concert with the mongbats and sought out the master at Brit to make her report on said concert. Now that I have told the whole shard my schedule I am sure I will see more folks in Moonglow in the morning hours of the day :p

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow, sounds like the agenda of the so-called governour of Vesper @SpyderBite who is unable to keep the trade deal up. so glad we have another ghost governour with a GIL tag. maybe talk to Morgan Ironfist and let him show you how to fund a trade deal.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I, myself Governor of Yew, was not able to join the Kings call.
I beg your highness pardon for this.

But i had to visit immediatly an old witch (the orcs "mother-in-law"), when she called. - Just to prevent any intervention by her and her relavitves in our life.
As you might know the peace between orcs and the citizien of yew is always hanging on a silken thread.
And as Yew is still surrounded by Orc forts and dungeons. - I need to be quite flexible to keep this land in peace.

Anyhow the harvest this years will be good. - We still on our the last years stock. - 54 Million is in the treasury balance.
Our trade deal for the guild of arcane arts is still up and running.

There are rumors that the elfs, which are resident within our city, are sending out their dark brothers to threaten the orcs. - Some demons and shades have been seen in the Yew crypts. - I will look in this and will make some expeditions to there and try to dig a bit deeper.

Torin
Governor of Yew

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
wow, sounds like the agenda of the so-called governour of Vesper @SpyderBite who is unable to keep the trade deal up. so glad we have another ghost governour with a GIL tag. maybe talk to Morgan Ironfist and let him show you how to fund a trade deal.
WOW! Let first set something straight, Kimi is not in GIL. Just because the largest guild on Siege has so many members on the Council everyone assumes that everyone is GIL. Now I will admit that I like the people of GIL, but I also like people from other guilds on Siege, why I even like you. Now as for a "Ghost Governor" my schedule time of playing is far different then most people and I already admitted that I play across several shards. The reason is I am not into PVP and there is only so much one can do across other shards. I do most of my Siege stuff early, and save the later for the other shards I have characters on.

Now the trade deal on Siege for Moonglow was far below the required two million to do one week. I will try to run trade mission when I can but I will not beg others to do so unless they wish to assist with doing so. All I can promise is once the stone reaches ten Million then the trade deal will be turn back on. If you wish to assist Max then run the trade missions out of Moonglow, this way the city will receive the funds from that mission. If there is anyone that feels they can do better then the next election period starts December 1st. please feel free to run for the job.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my comment was moredirected at that SpyderBite guy. I know you're not GIL and I know you only stepped in because noone else wanted to run this.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I ran two missions, very time consuming, both out of Moonglow. Both very long walks to, get this, "Vesper". The hardest part is getting to and from those Moongates.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hillary, Hillary, Hillary!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This argument of "if no one else will do it , I will" is old. If a position can't be filled by someone who will, you know, FILL IT, then it should remain empty and the town eventually become guardless and fall into ruins until it's rebuilt. And writing some silly story in the forums does NOT make up for not being in attendance, sorry. Truth teller here.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, for the record, Moonglow does not have a Governor because the meeting time was changed to a time that the previous long standing governor, Talia, could not make. She did not re run, despite having been the gov fir a very long time, because she knew the meetings would pass her by. Prior to this, Talia, Garth, and myself had been running trade deals for glow until a certain EM began dropping soulless minions at the moongates. While I don't have a beef with the concept of random bad guys, placing them directly in the line of travel for trade deals and then complaining that cities aren't being supported was a bit daft. THIS is why glow was empty (change in time) and why the treasury ran out (decision to impact the trade deal system).

And saying you aren't a member of GIL may be technically true, but also a bit daft as well. You were certainly a member when you were Minoc gov, and while you are in a different guild now, it would still be fair to call you a central Asian -stan to their bloc.

So suck it.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Silent Singer
And saying you aren't a member of GIL may be technically true, but also a bit daft as well. You were certainly a member when you were Minoc gov, and while you are in a different guild now, it would still be fair to call you a central Asian -stan to their bloc.

So suck it.
And a good morning to you, Yes Vixen was a member of GIL back then and yes she was the Governor for Minoc, again another vacate position much as Moonglow was, and EM Hawker was the EM, who up and quit for real life leaving a BIG hole for some time till EM Bennu came along, only to tell us he would not be doing any Governor meetings, So Vixen did not run for Minoc a 2nd time. And as EM Kincaid has started to have these meeting once more and I like to attend these meeting why not ask for one of the best seats in the house. :p I am not a well establish player much like others on the shard, I did play Siege some time ago, the guild is no longer here, and I did take a LONG break from UO. If not for a very good friend gifted me a three-month code for the game I would not have returned in 2015, I never did like PvP but do enjoy the role play. Now as EM Kincaid said to me when I did point out there were others asking about the position for Moonglow more or less his words, they were not at the meeting and they did not step forward to volunteer. :p So suck it *HUGS*

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just finished two more long walks to Trinsic, received pinks for both missions, both pinks are on the Luna vendor, 10% of sales will go to the city stone of Moonglow.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have an incredible gift for forgetfulness.

The Minoc seat was filled by you after another non GIL player had heartily offered to fill the seat, so it wasn't exactly a vacuum.

And the previous EM of which you speak didn't just up and quit. The amount of bellyaching done by you and your guild mates, even to the extent of pressuring the UO producer, led that EM to resign. All because some blue players got killed at an event. On Siege. How dare the EM not protect you, right?

And Bennu was so warmly welcomed by you and yours until it dawned on you that he wasn't the fop you had hoped for, but instead rather stubbornly resisted being influenced by Siege's top Trammel based guild.

So yes, he left as well. And now you have what you always wanted. A nice, pliable EM who you can have tea with in the safety of your own home. A member of your own cloth.

So that is a more accurate history of your governorships. Kudos, GIL won. Enjoy your new city sans subjects. I'm sure your 10% will keep the treasury fully funded.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
...if only they would... *points to Vesper*
Two more runs done, this time both were to Yew, that where I saw the one we chatted about in general, but it was a guard zone so I had to look for more sheep, tamed a couple put them in the pens went about my runs, when I came back thru my sheep I had tamed (stilled tamed) were gone. It been some time between runs before I had gotten back so if he was guard wack there was no body.