• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Saturday 29th July : What lies Beneath?

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 pm BST / 5 pm EST

Far across the void, the beast bristled as one after another enslaved soul brought back its report.

First, the scouting parties it had sent had returned good news. This “Siege” was weak, unprotected,. ripe for plunder. Easy pickings.

The first forays had gone well, indeed. Souls had been taken, and the ranks of minions, as well as the food stores, had grown. And grown.

But that success had been short lived. The worshippers that had been established had been slaughtered. The armies sent to take new ground had been eradicated. And now, the primal hatchery had been found, and production halted.

This would not stand. The hatchery was vital to success! With a gesture, the beast sent minions pouring through a portal, followed by a squad of hatchery constructors, to effect repairs. Then, a swarm of the newer minions it had been moulding, to claim the world’s waterways.

This was a setback, to be sure. But it was one that the 2-legged creatures would regret, and pay for with their souls.

What you need to know

• Gates to the starting point of the event will be made available in the usual places
  • Guard Zone? What guard zone? We spit on your guard zones. Ptooie!
  • Town Criers will give general details all month
  • Black Watch members who attend will receive attendance points. There is no need for uniform unless you want to wear it – your battle gear is probably of higher quality!
  • Wandering Healers will probably pop in at random, if they feel they’re needed.

Continue reading...

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
First, and most importantly : The event is not over as of this writing. Three of the bosses are still alive.

Last night, we had a good turn-out. Thank you to everyone who showed up!

The Commander of the Black Watch, cunningly disguised as a forgetful EM, gave this speech:

Defenders of the realm. I bring good tidings and bad.

Your last assault on these minions and their overseers was a resounding success. We have had fewer reports of their presence!
I salute you!
However, I said there were bad tidings as well.
As you know, we established a moongate to their hatchery.
Earlier today, a massive fireball came through that gate.

The gate no longer stands, and we cannot re-open it.
Worse yet, whatever sent that fireball is no doubt undoing your efforts. But all is not lost! We must press our advantage!
One of our seers has had a vision of the underground lair which some of you found, based on clues in the hatchery!
The beasts gather there, and have established a new portal to gain access to the hatchery!
There are many minions down there. They swarm like flies.

You will not have an easy time of it. But, you need to gain access to that portal. You need to destroy those that guard it, and find what manner of creatures are in the hatchery!
Defeat them, ensure that they can breed no more minions, and perhaps we will be a step closer to destroying their master!
I will give you a portal to Ocllo. Healers have been stationed there.
For those who do not know how to gain access to their lair, pay close attention to the guide within the building.
Now go - strike a mighty blow for all those who have died to minions! For Britannia! For Blackthorn! For freedom from minions!

The hunting party went through a gate - which is still there - to Ocllo.

There, they found a house that was looking a bit the worse for wear.

Inside was a man who seemed to know a lot about local history. He provided a password to get down below.

Once below, they found themselves beset on all sides by soulless minions! Thankfully, there were many healers on hand to help.

But they eventually won through, and found the formerly guarded portal.

That led to the hatchery which we'd visited earlier in the month. Repairs were obviously under way.

The battle raged on long into the night! Many death robes were earned!

An insane number of healers started to arrive - but still the corpses littered the ground!

Eventually, all the minions were dead, and only the hatchery architects remained. Not surprising, with this level of power!

One of the architects died near the starting point, and another was found in an isolated area, accessible through a carefully labeled secret passage!

So, that's where we got to last night. Right now, three of them remain - grab your weapons, grab your spellbooks, talk nicely to your pets, and take plenty of bandages!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wish I could have been there but real life once more. Sadly dear friends of ours lost loved ones this week and the wife and I been doing all we can to help out. It has been a very trying period for all here as we knew them as well and were just as shocked to learn of the accident that took them.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So much eye candy in this dungeon, it is a treat just to walk through it looking at the descriptions. Thank you for the detailed effort you put into your work!

The coffin and its diseased Soulstone fascinates me. We have yet to meet the beast behind this, or the Soulstealer (if they are not the same).

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Sorry to hear about your friend's loss, Drakelord. My condolences.

Well, the bosses are still roaming around, probably carrying rare loot, insulting your parentage, spreading vile rumors about your partners, and shaving your pets.
I even heard one say that Bo knows nothing. Disgusting behavior!
Personally, I'd kill them. But, if they're too much for you, well... we all understand.
*peers over wall to make sure Trammel hasn't arrived*