• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Santorum, Gingritch as good as out.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just saw the speeches today. So here it is Romney vs Obama. The dirt will fly and the bodies will hit the floor.

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's about time Santorum dropped out. The sheer thought that people were voting for him made me weep for the future of this country.

O

Old Man of UO

It's about time Santorum dropped out. The sheer thought that people were voting for him made me weep for the future of this country.
I voted for Santorum - I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he speaks from his heart and says what he believes in.

Romney - well, he believes it whatever he thinks will get him more votes for that day.

What makes me weep for the future of this country are all the people who think this country, and other people, owe them something.

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I voted for Santorum - I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he speaks from his heart and says what he believes in.

Romney - well, he believes it whatever he thinks will get him more votes for that day.

What makes me weep for the future of this country are all the people who think this country, and other people, owe them something.
As a female, Santorum's beliefs scare me on so many levels it's even more scary. Romney is a typical politician because they all say whatever they think the constituents want to hear.

The people owe it to the country to support it and the country owes its support to the people that compromise it. It's a two-way street.

O

Old Man of UO

The people owe it to the country to support it and the country owes its support to the people that compromise it. It's a two-way street.
We are going to disagree on this point. Our government was not founded on this principal, rather it was designed to offer opportunity - not a guarantee - to prosper to all its citizens (that's the pursuit of happiness). I have no problem providing assistance when needed, but providing unlimited assistance creates a dependent class of people. Our dependent class is growing, until now about 47% of the US citizens paid no federal taxes last year - and they are the ones agree when Obamba says that the wealthy are not paying their fair share!

As far as Santorum's religious beliefs and being a female, I do understand your point there.

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not paying federal taxes doesn't mean people don't pay taxes. That's a misnomer and used to dredge up animosity against people who do get refunds on federal taxes.

I do agree with you on providing assistance for people but not allowing it to become permanent. There's a whole host of social and cultural issues tied up with what's wrong with the US today and while those can't be fixed by just giving people assistance, you also can't ignore those people simply because you don't want to create a dependent class of people.

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh, and as a note, the husband and I reviewed our taxes this year and I was rather floored by how many tax breaks parents freaking get. Not only do children get exemptions at the same rate adults do, but parents can claim 100% of their childcare and get that back. I'm getting my dog a SSN. :mad: