• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

samuari

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would do you think is the best template for a samuari

I like mine:

120 Bushido
120 Swords
115 Parry (104 with +11 bracelet)
90 Healing
90 Tactics
81 Anat
80 Chiv
35 Necro (100 with items for Vamp Embrace)
720 Total

With a decent Mana Leech weapon this char can take on most mobs solo. I ate the 120 Swords scroll yesterday and went from 115 to 120 in 2 1/2 hours of killing a room full of reponds in Ish (Ogre Lords, Trogs, Ettin & Trolls as well as Para versions of all 4). At one point I was fighting 4 Para Ogre Lords at the same time with Soul Seeker & Whirlwind it was quite doable.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok can call me dumb what do you mean with items for vamp embrace

T

Tazar

He is referring to items that give you additional skill points in that skill. In this case, probably the midnight Bracers, Ring, Bracelet and the Ossiam Grimoire (sp?).

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put items on, cast vampric embrace for all the bonuses, take items off and put your normal armor on, abuse poorly thought out system, etc.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put items on, cast vampric embrace for all the bonuses, take items off and put your normal armor on, abuse poorly thought out system, etc.
While it has the bonus of Hit Pt Leech (20% of damage caused) and Poison resistance, it also has the penalty of being damaged by using garlic and a big hit to your fire resist. I'm also using 35 real skill points to cast ONE spell with the items on so I think it's a fair exchange (plus the extra insurance cost for the 4 items - Jewelry, Mid Bracers, and Blood tali).

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot about the mana and stamina regen bonuses.

Also since most of the people employing this tactic are dexxers, the garlic damage really doesn't apply.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a fair trade, I agree. Sammy is a tight template as it is.

**edited other stuff out due to .... don't get me started**

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then if this is abuse then so are crafting totems and ancient hammers and all skill jewelry. Anything that lets you bump your skill and perform something you could not normally do without the skill increase.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're comparing 2 different things.

What happens after you remove the items you listed? That's right..you lose the benefit of those items. You don't get to retain the bonuses of those items until the next time you die.

Big difference.

G

galefan2004

I know my friend that plays a samauri archer actually does 200+ damage per hit to lady mel if he gets to honor her.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're comparing 2 different things.

What happens after you remove the items you listed? That's right..you lose the benefit of those items. You don't get to retain the bonuses of those items until the next time you die.

Big difference.
WRONG, tamer jewels up to tame something, after they take the jewels off they still have the creature. Crafter totems and ASHs up make something then they still have it afterwards. Nice try.

B

Baghdaddy1

Woody,

When the profession forms come back up look under samurai and I believe they stickied a post I made last year about soloing peerless bosses as a samurai in vampire form and I posted my template on there which is pretty much the same.

Basically:

120 weapon skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
healing
anatomy
tactics
chiv
necro

thats is it in a nutshell, I left the bottom skills open because it really depends on your playstyle. Since I am a pvper my skills are adjusted accordingly whereas if you want only pvm you can make other tweaks but the bottom line is include the above skills and you will have a decent template. After the posts I made on the samurai form, I came back from afghanistan and all I see at the bank are samurai's in vamp form bank sitting with profiles saying how they can solo this peerless boss and so forth. good luck

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tamer jewels up to tame something, after they take the jewels off they still have the creature.
If they take off the jewels and their skill drops below the required skill they cannot bond or control the pet.

Crafter totems and ASHs up make something then they still have it afterwards.
They may still have the item but they would have to re-equip the item if they wanted the same bonuses again. It's not like the effects last until death like vampric embrace.

Just because you and many others are using this "feature" to your advantage (MYSELF INCLUDED) does not mean it isn't a little whack and it is abusing a poor game design.

If the Devs wanted you to have all the benefits of vampric embrace for a measley 35 skill points then they wouldn't have set the minimum at 99 would they?

G

galefan2004

If the Devs wanted you to have all the benefits of vampric embrace for a measley 35 skill points then they wouldn't have set the minimum at 99 would they?
In all fairness it was developers that threw items at necromancers to give them free skill points.

Lets see...

Midnight Bracers +20
Obsidian Grimore +10
Bloodwood Spirit +5
Ring/Brace +30

That is 65 skill points from items. If the developers didn't want you to be able to do this they wouldn't have added those items into the game.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly won't argue that the Devs are short sighted and don't play their own game enough to know half the things players will try in order to work the system. I'm sure the Devs added those items thinking people would actually wear them permanently to increase their skill. I bet in a million years it never dawned on them that players would use them in the manner they are being used today.

G

galefan2004

I certainly won't argue that the Devs are short sighted and don't play their own game enough to know half the things players will try in order to work the system. I'm sure the Devs added those items thinking people would actually wear them permanently to increase their skill. I bet in a million years it never dawned on them that players would use them in the manner they are being used today.
Yes because all developers are idiots and so are testers. I'm willing to bet the testers were doing this way before the items even hit live realms. I'm also willing to bet that the developers really don't care because there was a huge push to make warriors a dominate force in this game, and the result of that movement is that warriors now do 2x the damage of all other play styles while taking 1/2 the damage of all other play styles and are able to solo most creatures as easily if not more easily then any other play style.

D

Duku

I posted this in other section ^^

Its an alternative: No parry, Max anatomy, healing, tactics. Parry + Fast weapon.
Baghdaddy's post was my holy guide, i learned hot to build a Sampire from him :)

If you want, here there is a nice discussion you could read

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=446

My template is:

120 Sword
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
35 Necro
85 Chivalry

Equip:
Mace & Shield
Jackal
Bane
15/14 fc 1 Shield
RBC
Primer
Crimson
Gloves/Sleeves High resist/SI/MI/lmc
Jewel: 47 DI, resist, 12 hci/29 DCI, lmc

Total
46 Hci / 44 Dci
lmc 40%
DI 67%
Resistance: 70 69 68 70 75 (Elf, with Vet reward cloak)
Stat: 120 140 (stamina 158) 72 (+20); with + 25 SoS

I simply go with my soulseeker, i love it! Expecially when i have full mana, i use the random special ^^
However, my Stamina allows me to carry even slower weapon, i have a runic katana HLA HML HSL DI SSI, and a HLA HML HL SSI DI bone harvester

You can go in a lot of places, about Bosses i have fought Paroxy and Dread Horn, with no problem! Even collecting the Keys is a joke

I hope this can help

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes because all developers are idiots and so are testers. I'm willing to bet the testers were doing this way before the items even hit live realms.
Yes because the QA team of this game is top notch.

warriors now do 2x the damage of all other play styles while taking 1/2 the damage of all other play styles
Compared to the tamer who takes zero damage?