• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see ppl talk about sampires all over the place. How come there isnt a sticky in the Warrior forum for sampire templates?
Im just today starting a new toon and i was gonna make him my pretty much first ever melee toon. So i hear sampire is the way to go.

Please correct me if im wrong but here is the skills i under stand to be essential for the Sampire.

120 Weapon Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
99 Necromancy

Am i understanding this correct? Seems strange to make a warrior template without Anatomy doesnt it?

Or is this a tight template where you have to use lots of skill on jewlwes to get everything to fit?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Minimum:
120 Weapon Skill
120 Bushido
60 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
95 Chivalry
99 Necromancy
Total 694 skill points.

60 Parry - to get 300 skill points for special moves mana reduction.
Some people believe that 84 Chivalry is enough (EOO gives 50% damage bonus like before an old chivalry patch).

You can read in more details about skills (and "standard" values) in this guide:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/warriors-guide-part-3-skills-and-virtues.303969/

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
My Sampire:

5. Skills I have
Fencing 120
Tactics 101 (115)
Anatomy 100 (115)
Bushido 105 (120)
Parrying 100 (120*)
Chivalry 95
Necromancy 99

Total skills: 771/755 depending on ring
100 Anatomy can be replaced with Resists/Carto/Lock/Mining from soulstones.

6. Stats I have (255 cap)
STR 120 (135)
DEX 110 (120)
INT 25 (30)
142 HP, 161 Stam, 90 Mana
(150 HP, 191 Stam with potions)

1. Armor pieces
50-58-61-60-65; reinforced +5 phys, -5 dci (75-70-70-70-75 with boots and glasses)
3 HPI (25 HPI with Slither, Crimson, Shroud)
40 MI, 40 SI, 40 LMC
35 HCI, 20 DCI

2. Artefacts I use
Mace&Shield, Slither, Ranger's Cloak, Shroud, Crimson, Fire Boots, Corgul's

3. Jewels
Ring: Tactics 14, Anatomy 15, STR 5, DCI 10, DI 22
Bracelet: Parrying 7, Bushido 15, HCI 10, DCI 15, DI 24
Ring: Parrying 13, DEX 1, EP 50, DCI 10, DI 23
(I use the second ring to get EP and 120 Parrying when fighting tough bosses)

4. Weapon
Leafblade: Elemental Slayer, HML 96, HSL 40, HLA 30, DI 35

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is mine:

120 Mace or 120 Swords depending on the fight
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
60 Parry
99 Necro
81 Chiv (+14 ring for a total of 95)
120 Resisting Spells or 120 Anatomy depending on the fight

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allright i think i got it.

So how do you use the template, is it only lighting strike spam or do you use weapon specials as well?
Could you maybe tell me the top Weapon types from each weapon skill so i can keep an eye out for them when i loot monsters?

Any specifik onehanders thats really good?

Thank you guys :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I chain AI. When I fight against some tough bosses I use Feint as well.

Chances to find a good weapon in a loot are extremely low.

You can read here about weapon selection:
http://stratics.com/community/threa...-2-special-moves-and-weapon-selection.303964/

Usually you need a lot of weapons. For example, 6 weapons with AI and 6 weapons with WW (all super slayers), 1 weapon with 100% fire/cold damage, 1 fast weapon for slowers (Lady Melisande).

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I chain AI. When I fight against some tough bosses I use Feint as well.

Chances to find a good weapon in a loot are extremely low.

You can read here about weapon selection:
http://stratics.com/community/threa...-2-special-moves-and-weapon-selection.303964/

Usually you need a lot of weapons. For example, 6 weapons with AI and 6 weapons with WW (all super slayers), 1 weapon with 100% fire/cold damage, 1 fast weapon for slowers (Lady Melisande).
Do you have any experience using spirit speak with a sampire template? I've never tried it and don't know what I'd give up for it but wonder if I'm missing something. I thought of it the other day when one of the blackthorn captains started muttering a spirit speak spell (don't know why she didn't just heal herself with confidence). Have you tried spirit speak on a sampire? Are there any situations where it would be recommended? (I'm running 120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 tactics, 115 anatomy, 65 parry (suppose I could drop parry to 60 and raise anatomy to 120), 80 chivalry, 100 necro, with pretty much maxed DI, HCI, DCI, LMC and so forth, with a good array of slayer weapons). I might mention that the only Blackthorn captain I have any success soloing with my sampire without some long and tedious jousting sessions is the archer; she goes down fast and easy if she doesn't manage to run off and hide in a spawn. I use an ABC archer template to solo the others (although the macer is frustrating because it's so hard to hit).

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have any experience using spirit speak with a sampire template? I've never tried it and don't know what I'd give up for it but wonder if I'm missing something. I thought of it the other day when one of the blackthorn captains started muttering a spirit speak spell (don't know why she didn't just heal herself with confidence). Have you tried spirit speak on a sampire? Are there any situations where it would be recommended? (I'm running 120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 tactics, 115 anatomy, 65 parry (suppose I could drop parry to 60 and raise anatomy to 120), 80 chivalry, 100 necro, with pretty much maxed DI, HCI, DCI, LMC and so forth, with a good array of slayer weapons). I might mention that the only Blackthorn captain I have any success soloing with my sampire without some long and tedious jousting sessions is the archer; she goes down fast and easy if she doesn't manage to run off and hide in a spawn. I use an ABC archer template to solo the others (although the macer is frustrating because it's so hard to hit).
IMO spirit speak adds virtually nothing of use for the sampire. What does spirit speak do? Heal? I can't think of a single instance when a spirit speak would make the difference between living and dying... if you are in the middle of a fight you will probably get more life back hitting whatever you are fighting than trying to get off a spirit speak. If you aren't in the middle of a fight then close wounds can heal. Whirlwind is far superior to a wither, particularly if you add in a hit area effect to the whirlwind weapon... it will deal more damage and leech back your mana and life. I suppose you could summon a familiar but not really sure what on earth you would use one for?? Controlling snakes or wolves? Horde Minion to loot?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the reply, Merus. That's been my thinking so far too, although I'm open to hear anybody who has found out differently in battle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used ss for awhile,using a 100% fire wep and casting corpseskin was Cool for extra dmg. Occasionally throwing in an evil omen but for all that too work good you need to Dodge or have protection running.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spirit speak alone is probberly worthless..But used with necromancy, you can use curse weapon spell.
Back in the day, when u could use vamp form without running around with 99 necro. I had many plesant hours soloing doom, on my sampire with 40 necro/80 ss..
The life leech was amazing.
Oh well then came the big nerf hammer, and ruined all my fun :(

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Necro spells do less damage than I can do with weapon. So they are useless. This includes both direct damage and damage modifier spells.
Corpse Skin could increase my damage in combination with Concentrate Weapon and Double Strike. But regular using of CS would decrease my karma making CW duration extremely short.

Potentially useful spells are VE, WF and CuW.
I can't use WF because I use VE. I needn't CuW when I use VE.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skills are now allmost ready!

120 Swords
115.1 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
60 Chivalry.

Feels like they are ready enough to start making him a suit :)

Just a fast question. Is it possible to craft/imbue/reforge studdedleather armor with 5%HCI?
If i get jewels with 15HCI that only takes me to 30. So i need an aditional 15 from my armor in one way or another.

Thanks in advance. You guys rock!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what talisman you plan on using, but the mana phasing orbs are usually inexpensive and can come with HCI, LMC, and DI on them... all good properties for a sampire.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Am I missing something again? I've always had HCI on my jewelry and swords but not on armor. But I'm starting to plan a new suit. Is it better overall to put HCI on armor instead of swords?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, thanks, FIshmonger and Corwin. I can see the advantage of another free slot on the sword (I don't have HLA, for instance) but was afraid putting HCI on the armor would crowd out something else I needed on the suit. But sounds like HCI on the armor is the recommended plan, so that's how I'll go.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run mace most of the time with an enhanced/imbued black staff. DI, HML, HSL, HLL, Hit cold area, Slayer and HPR.

Staff.png

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My skills are now all maxed out :)
120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necro
60(90) Chivalry

I really disslike not having 100% chanse to cast enemy of one though. As of right now im using 2 slots on my jewels for +30 Chiv but im still not at 100% chanse to cast.

Do you guys think it would be better to just drop my parry lower then 120 and raise chivalry? Maybe even lower it so much so that i can drop the chivalry on my jewels?

Or is it better to keep parry at 120 and lower some other skill?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can drop parrying to 115. If you have maxed hci/dci/di then you needn't drop skills on jewels. With reforged armor and good artifacts on misc slots you usually can have at least 45 skill points on jewels.

I suggest to to train chivalry to 95 and put parrying on jewels. In this case you get possibility to replace defensive 'parrying' jewels with offensive 'tactics/anatomy' jewels for easy monsters.

Last edited:

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can drop parrying to 115. If you have maxed hci/dci/di then you needn't drop skills on jewels. With reforged armor and good artifacts on misc slots you usually can have at least 45 skill points on jewels.

I suggest to to train chivalry to 95 and put parrying on jewels. In this case you get possibility to replace defensive 'parrying' jewels with offensive 'tactics/anatomy' jewels for easy monsters.

I cant thank you enought Corwin!

You are most helpful as allways. Thanks!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can I jump in with a question? I've seen templates with 60 parry and higher tactics and anatomy. Do you still recommend 120 parry with the lower tactics and anatomy? Thanks

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It depends...If you just doing champion spawns then 120 tactics/anatomy is better. If you want to do solo very strong monsters then 120 parrying is better.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can I jump in with a question? I've seen templates with 60 parry and higher tactics and anatomy. Do you still recommend 120 parry with the lower tactics and anatomy? Thanks

I did 120 parry for a while and then tried out the 60 parry template I posted above. I have liked the 60 parry template much much better and have noticed almost no difference in my deathrobe count. Very few monsters seem to hit me hard enough with a melee attack that I can not leech myself back to full life on the next hit (maybe two). Higher parry doesn't help against spells or other special attack like breath weapons... which seem to be the ones that hit harder. With 120 weapon skill + 120 bushido + two handed weapon I honestly couldn't tell the difference in how often I got hit with a melee attack between 60 parry and 120 parry ( technically it is a 12% chance difference ) but honestly even getting hit 1 extra time every 10 attacks wouldn't make much difference.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never tried 120 parry but would be interested to see the difference. Right now I'm running:

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bush
115 anatomy (sometimes switch with resist but not much)
100 necro
85 chiv
60 parry

I use long swords for AI and radiant scimitars for WW.

45hci
45dci
100di with weapon
150 dex (no pots)
150 str (no pots)

Usual mods on my suit: mana inc, stamina inc and now 55lmc as studded.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I did 120 parry for a while and then tried out the 60 parry template I posted above. I have liked the 60 parry template much much better and have noticed almost no difference in my deathrobe count. Very few monsters seem to hit me hard enough with a melee attack that I can not leech myself back to full life on the next hit (maybe two). Higher parry doesn't help against spells or other special attack like breath weapons... which seem to be the ones that hit harder. With 120 weapon skill + 120 bushido + two handed weapon I honestly couldn't tell the difference in how often I got hit with a melee attack between 60 parry and 120 parry ( technically it is a 12% chance difference ) but honestly even getting hit 1 extra time every 10 attacks wouldn't make much difference.
The real difference is when you are using Evasion.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I've never tried 120 parry but would be interested to see the difference. Right now I'm running:

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bush
100 necro
85 chiv
60 parry

45hci
45dci
100di with weapon
150 dex (no pots)
150 str (no pots)

If you don't spare your time for crafting (or gold to a crafter) you can get on the armor: 25 HCI, 40 MI, 40 SI, 40 LMC, 5 HPI, 75-100-70-70-75 (resists are with Mace&Shield and Despicable Quiver), reinforced for 75 max physical and fire resists.
If you have enough gold your artifacts on misc slots will be: Slither, Crimson, Conjurer's Garb, Corgul's Sash, Despicable Quiver.

In this case you need 50 DI, 15 HCI, 15 DCI on jewels. So you can add up to 60 skill points to jewels.
With base 120 STR, 110 DEX, 30 INT you will get 130 STR (140 HP), 125 DEX (166 Stam), 30 INT (90 Mana). It's enough for most monsters and you always can drink potions to get 150 STR/DEX against some hard/dangerous monsters.

Possible template:
120 swords
105 tactics
120 bush
105 anatomy
100 necro
80 chiv
90 parry

Defensive jewels: 15 parrying, 15 parrying, 15 chivalry
Offensive jewels: 15 tactics, 15 anatomy, 15 chivalry

It's just an example. There are other possible variants.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As an easy quick test for "strong monsters" try to kill Rend in the Labyrinth.
Thats a good (insane?) idea, with his njce friendly fire breath. At least a healer is usually standing outside if I fail. Seriously, I'll use rend as a test when I get my new suit done

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bush
100 necro
85 chiv
60 parry

45hci
45dci
100di with weapon
150 dex (no pots)
150 str (no pots)

Try Navrey with 120 Parry and then again with 60 Parry. You'll find the difference noticeable. Now it isn't that way for every boss, but for some it matters.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I see ppl talk about sampires all over the place. How come there isnt a sticky in the Warrior forum for sampire templates?
CorwinXX's guide is very helpful and has the sampire discussed in one of the sections. I am a firm believer that most people ignore stickies... Even more so when there are a bazillion on a forum page. I am trying to keep it to 3 or less on purpose. As you can see, the members of this forum are very helpful in responding questions. We're all about maximizing the effectiveness of our chars and like to share tips. :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try Navrey with 120 Parry and then again with 60 Parry. You'll find the difference noticeable. Now it isn't that way for every boss, but for some it matters.
Its knowing what skills I can drop to make room for the extra parry. I guess drop Tactics and anatomy down maybe?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How about dread horn - parry a big difference?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Rashad [FwD]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd might as well weigh in here too

Bushido 120.0
Parrying 120.0
Swordsmanship 120.0
Necromancy 100.0
Tactics 100.0
Anatomy 80.0
Chivalry 80.0

Str 121 110(+11)
Dex 127 112(+15)
Int 38 38
(260 total stats)

Hpts 135
Stam 160
Mana 70

imbued/enhanced studded suit +conj robe, crimson, mace and shield, luna & soleil rouge, insane tinker legs, ranger cloak of augmentation, conj trinket/primer on arms, soles of prov

70/100/70/69/70 (69 poison was an oversight on my part, just havent fixed it yet)

53 lmc
30 hci
10 dci
25 ssi
90 di
620 luck

its far from perfect.. and I feel I can probably get more dmg and better dci out of my skill template and suit.
I'm open to suggestion..
I know I need a little more chiv to start with..
Does anyone know the minimum tact/anat combo to get the most dmg without sacrificing 120 parry or necro (ie. relying solely on life leech weapons)?

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No matter what anyone says..fitting magic resist in is the way to go! Mana vamp is a bad bad way to die..

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more i try my sampire and read this thread the more i wonder why everyone runns Bushido?

Okey it lets you use a Two Hander and still get the popssibility to Parry and it does give you acces to the evasion and confidence spell but none of this seems worth it.
Is it all about perfection(Honoring your target)?

Dropping bushido would mean you could pick up a shield and save your self 120 skill points. Is anyone running vampire dexer?

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more i try my sampire and read this thread the more i wonder why everyone runns Bushido?

Okey it lets you use a Two Hander and still get the popssibility to Parry and it does give you acces to the evasion and confidence spell but none of this seems worth it.

Dropping bushido would mean you could pick up a shield and save your self 120 skill points. Is anyone running vampire dexer?

Well confidence is pretty nice as you can heal your self even if your poisened, and the heals are very fast! During the minax invasions its been the differance
between life and death. Evasion is very handy as well, although it did get a nerf a number of years ago for being to powerfull so the duration time is less now.
Lightening strike is very handy especially when your fighting mobs that are harder to hit, and with vamp template you need to hit in order to leech health back.
When you honor targets and use lightening strikes plus enemy of one (chivarly) you can do major damage thus alot more leeching. These are some of the reasons Bushido is used alot, but the fun of the game is to experiment, it's a matter of testing things out and what works best for you.

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No matter what anyone says..fitting magic resist in is the way to go! Mana vamp is a bad bad way to die..

I used to feel if I did not have magic resist on my warrior, I felt buck naked, and this is going back to like since the game started. But when the hard hitting mobs were introduced at the town invasions, I was just getting hit way to hard and had to have more ways to heal myself. I decided to remove magic resist and replace it with healing, I had to get used to using a trap box again and created better faster weapons with 100% mana leech so that when I did hit again I would have mana back pretty quick. But if i'm fighting mobs that constantly cast mana drain, I would then i switch out healing for magic resist.

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few more comments since I normally have very little time to post due to rl time restraints.
First if your a fairly new player to UO its best to experiment with differant types of set ups and its very handy to have soul stones to store various skills for latter use. Its also very handy to have some of your players become crafters if your shard is very quiet and your unable to purchase items for your own use. Practice on lower level mobs and learn how to use your skills effectively. Knowing what skills to use and when to use them, and having half way decent weapons and armour can be more effective then a player who has the most uhber gear but uses there equipment poorly. Make sure to set up hot keys for the more important things and know where they are on your keyboard. I know all this seems petty but during tence times where a split second can make a differance between life and death it's crucial. Read the crafters forums for how to make better armour and weapons and whats quick and what's slow, what are the advantages and dis advantages.
I have been changing things around alot lately as far as the skills I use. Partly just because its a new challange and I want to push myself more, and thus I remain still interested in playing UO.
I use to play a sampire but ditched necro when the town invasions hit a few months ago. Since then I have found that the disadvantages of using the necro skill
out wieghed the advantages for my play style. I just found the added hp leeching was not worth the skill points, plus I could noy use heal potions if needed. I did not like the idea of having to have more fire resist on my armour although it was not game breaking. Plus with chivarly I wanted to have high karma and casting vamp form was bringing that down. The other benifit to necro was poisen resist but I got use to carrying the orange petals in my back pack when needed. I'm still fine tuning my warrior at this time and have made most of my armour as far as weapons and woodland parts for added HCI and DI. The main things like I said in the other post is to go at your own speed and read the forums here, if you play on Europa my characters name is lanthor.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

It seems you haven't tried Fend yet. If your suit is not finished you can try paragon Balron in Blood Dungeon new the Spirituality moongate. It's much easier. When I killed it the first time I used 100% LRC suit (with other mods) and had less then 100 Macefighting. (I built Karma there).