• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire - What's the deal, what am I missing?

Sonreir

Visitor
So I've been building a Sampire for a while and I'm starting to use him to take on some of the lower level spawns (mini-champs, etc). I have a feeling that I'm maybe not using this template to its full advantage because I don't see the real benefit of the Necromancy portion. 99 skill points just for Vampiric Emrbace? Wouldn't those be better spent elsewhere and just make up the life leech in some other way?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If you're building a sampire it includes Necro for vamp form. Otherwise it isn't a sampire.

A dragoon is basically the same thing as a sampire but uses HLL instead of vamp form.

Vamp form and HLL work in different ways though.

If you don't feel you're getting massive bang for your buck change to something else. You could split the points between Necro and SS and use curse weapon to heal.

Try different things see what you prefer.

Sonreir

Visitor
That short answer is just a little too short for me to understand.

"No" as in I'm not missing anything or "No" as in the points aren't better spent somewhere else?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Best way to figure that out is come out of Vamp Form and fight the same stuff you have been. If you notice no difference in your survivability then put the points into something else.

The questions too vauge to answer any better than that as there's a million variables in every encounter. Template, gear, monsters etc.

On mini champs, champs and a good deal of peerless vamp form isn't needed as such it just makes for an easier/lasier time of it. There's always something else you can stick 100 points in but that's your choice on whether you want to build cookie cutter or interesting templates.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Have you swamp dragon mount with barding deed?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the not so short answer: no you're not missing anything. 99 necro is essential to a sampire because of the "pire" part. Also mini champs are not a good measure for whether 99 necro is worth having or not because they are too easy. Try something harder and you will notice that 99 points spent on necro will be very valuable just because you can stand toe to toe with a highend monster and contantly leech a guaranteed 20% hp to keep you alive.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage is important .. if you are hitting for 22.... Then you won't see an advantage... If you honor, use EOO, spam onslaught and consecrate weapon, hit double strike with a double axe... And start hitting for 250... You will be pretty amazed...

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're building a sampire it includes Necro for vamp form. Otherwise it isn't a sampire.

A dragoon is basically the same thing as a sampire but uses HLL instead of vamp form.

Vamp form and HLL work in different ways though.

If you don't feel you're getting massive bang for your buck change to something else. You could split the points between Necro and SS and use curse weapon to heal.

Try different things see what you prefer.
Ya I prefer the Dragoon. Although my friends on sampires generally work slightly better on high end content. Its about play style, if you aren't having fun, change it up!

Sonreir

Visitor
Damage is important .. if you are hitting for 22.... Then you won't see an advantage... If you honor, use EOO, spam onslaught and consecrate weapon, hit double strike with a double axe... And start hitting for 250... You will be pretty amazed...
Yeah... this is kind of where I am right now, so maybe I just need to get some better equipment. Most everything I have right now is looted and none of it is that great.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah... this is kind of where I am right now, so maybe I just need to get some better equipment. Most everything I have right now is looted and none of it is that great.
High Stam, max DI, HLD, and HCI are important on sampires :)