• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire wanting to replace Necromancy

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This seems to be a waste of skill points only to need 1 spell (Vamp. Embrace). How do i get rid of this skill for something more viable & still leech enough life to stay alive? Hit Life Leech maxes out at 62-ish on my weapons - what do I do?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

You might need stamina about 160 (180+ better) with SSI 35 and reforge over capped two handed axe (for double strike) or bladed staff (for AI) with HLL or HML 100%.

You can do this with copper hammer:
Select powerful
Grand aftifice
Select name as: "Vampiric"

You should get about 1-2 HLL or HML 100% weapon with one hammer. Just keep up trying.

I think HML & HLL should be over 80 to keep you live better.

Do you use bushido "Confidence" spell? If not you should start

Do you use close wound as healing? Maybe cast protection from scroll (for not fizzle) and carry jewerly with FC 2 FCR 6

Tip:
Try get SSI from other items than weapon. SSI on weapon lowers leeches

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This seems to be a waste of skill points only to need 1 spell (Vamp. Embrace). How do i get rid of this skill for something more viable & still leech enough life to stay alive? Hit Life Leech maxes out at 62-ish on my weapons - what do I do?
What do you intend to replace necro with?

Ford Taunus also addressed what I was going to suggest: make sure you're using Close Wounds and Confidence at appropriate intervals.

And even without a 100% HLL weapon, you can probably do alright with anything 60% and above if you're hitting for enough damage.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys! Thanks for all of the feedback. Well, here is my templete and other information:

120.0 Swordsmanship (120.0 Fencing is also on soulstone)
120.0 Bushido
120.0 Tactics
120.0 Parry
70.0 Anatomy
70.0 Chivalry
100.0 Necromancy

I also have on soulstones: 100.0 Lumberjacking & 100.0 Poisoning.

I'm pretty sure my gear sucks, but ill try to list what i can:
- Favored Weapon: Double Axe
- 70's all resists (75 for elf & over 20-ish extra of fire for Vampire form).
- Spirit of Totem
- Jackal's Collar
- Totem of the Void
- Cloak of Death
- Quiver of Infinity
- Conjurer's Trinket
- LMC: 39
- DCI: 13
- HCI: 33 (with 30 on current weapon)
- Damage Inc: 98 (54 from current weapon)
- SSI: 30 (from current weapon)

Stats (with all gear on):
STR: 140 - HP: 120
DEX: 140 - STAMINA: 140
INT: 34 - MANA: 61 (Trying to get INT up by 5 more points; I ate a Valiant Scroll of Commendation)

I'm almost broke gold-wise, but I've got a mule with 120.0 Imbuing, Blacksmith, Tailoring, 100.0 Tinkering & a nice stash of ingredients.

I'd love to be able to ditch Necromancy and pick up a more useful skill. Feedback would be great. Thanks again guys!

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suggest:
120.0 Swordsmanship (On slaught mastery)
120.0 Bushido
120.0 Tactics
120.0 Parry
120.0 Anatomy
120.0 Chivalry

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Get Mace&Shield from Blackthorne. Craft you an armor as I advised in my guide. Train chivalry/anatomy to 120.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Sampire removing Necro... so you're making a Samurai.

Requirements: 120 Bushido.

Next.

Personally if you're bored of that playstyle and given the ways you say you heal, I'd suggest making a 4/6 Chivalry, and probably combine that with Ninjitsu or Spellweaving, both are fantastic supplements to any template that liven it up, are easy to use, have no other skill modifiers/dependencies, and use no regs.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There is no way I can get my hands on the equipment you have, so I'm gonna need an alternative way.
I don't suggest you to get artifacts I have, I suggest you go to Blackthorne dungeon, earn 50 Minax's artifacts and get Mace & Shield Glasses. It takes you just several hours (probably 5-10 depending on luck and your playing skill).

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on how many farmers are in the mages room.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Depends on how many farmers are in the mages room.
I used to farm about 20 per hour killing captains. With not so good equipment it is possible to farm about 10 per hour depending on what captains spawned.
Some captains take me 2 min. Some captains (like 3x hp macer) takes me 12-15 minutes. Some captains (like 3x hp samurai) take me 8 min. So it depends on luck. Most of captains take less then 6 min (2x EOO duration).

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say the average player probably doesn't mess with the captains.

The one time I tried the fencer on a Sampire it took about 15 minutes. Didn't seem like it was worth the effort. AI the thing to death. Gets boaring after 5 minutes. It seems like you get drops faster from the mages or the Balron.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I tried the fencer on a Sampire it took about 15 minutes
I'm sorry to say it but a fencer is a crap in pvm, That is... Most of captains I kill faster using a Double Axe. For example, a thrower can't DS and this is why it can't do well in the Blackthorne.
Name me a captain (including 1x or 3x hp it has) and I make a video how fast I kill it.

My first blackthorne char was 120 archery/tactic/anatomy/bushido/chivalry/healing and 60 wrestling (just for 300 mana cost reduction points). Probably it was the best in blackthorne.
I also tried Classic Paladin, Bushido Paladin, Melee Archer... and all of the was be able to do 10+ minax's per hour.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Captain was a fencer. My Sampire was a swordsman using a bladed staff.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There was time when I started a first char on a new shard... After two weeks of training it went to farm Blackthorne. His suit was very cheap and most of gold it earned selling minax's. 1 month old it was able to do any spawn and half of peerless... I played may be 2 hours per day.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The Captain was a fencer. My Sampire was a swordsman using a bladed staff.
Oops. It's my fault. Misunderstanding. Fencer is really easy. It is easy because it doesn't block my hits. For an archer it is as easy as a sheep (although does take more time). For a melee char it is not difficult if you leach enough life. My bushido paladin does... even without healing... and with healing it is as easy as a mage captain.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to say it but a fencer is a crap in pvm, That is... Most of captains I kill faster using a Double Axe. For example, a thrower can't DS and this is why it can't do well in the Blackthorne.
Name me a captain (including 1x or 3x hp it has) and I make a video how fast I kill it.

My first blackthorne char was 120 archery/tactic/anatomy/bushido/chivalry/healing and 60 wrestling (just for 300 mana cost reduction points). Probably it was the best in blackthorne.
I also tried Classic Paladin, Bushido Paladin, Melee Archer... and all of the was be able to do 10+ minax's per hour.
What bow(s) did you use to accomplish the task?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yumi: 50 DI, 10 SSI, 48 HML, 50 HSL, 20 HMD, 50 Hit Lightining
Composite Bow: 50 DI, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 50 HSL, 48 HLA
(25 SSI without weapon, 35 SSI with Yumi, 60 SSI with CB)