• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Suit

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I've never had a sampire before but I'm wondering what makes a really good Sampire suit.
I have collected some really good items that I think make a good start to a suit, Mace & Shield Reading Glasses, Crimson Cincture, Morpheus's Epaulettes, Rangers Cloak, Boots of Escaping, Jumu's Sacred Hide, despicable quiver.
I also have a bunch of Legendary items that I've collected as well over the years that I think I can turn into a very good suit. But I'm really not sure what makes a "good" suit. Here is what I've been able to cobble together with the above items and legendry's I have. I know this needs tweaking to be more effective.

But what should I be looking for? I have 55/60 SSI, most suits I see look for 30% SSI, is what I have overkill? I'm thinking my HPR and SR are low but not sure there either. The weapon I have on this suit is a dagger with 10% splintering and a 2s swing speed. I know sampire's don't need a shield to parry, so should I be looking at two handed weapons instead?

Just looking for any expertise on this as I'm totally new to it and not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the "Treasures Of" deceit and ice, I wear a luck-compromise suit. Stamina increase, some luck, lots of lower mana cost. Some items of swing speed increase. Weapon with whirlwind.
Armored swamp dragon optional. Needed only when you think you're fighting something dangerous.
As you're posting this, you're in ghost mode, right? I hope you remembered to insure your suit.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just noticed. "Splintering Weapon" is for pvp. The problem is that it's going to lose durability at a furious rate. For PvM use, get a weapon without Splintering. You've seen sampires carrying those double axe thingies (with whirlwind and double strike), and bladed staff (for armor ignore). Get yourself some of that... you can stone off fencing and get swordsmanship, right?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Jimmydeanbean - You will want as many extra buffs as you can on your suit with the ultimate goal being to swing your selected weapon at 1.25 ticks (stam 180+ usually) while doing max damage with that weapon (150 str & 100% DI on your suit is best) that has a high enough base damage to give you usable leeches (a dagger/skinning knife does very little damage vs a bladed staff) while also hitting on as many hits as possible (45 HCI & some HLD). That can look like a lot of things when it comes to suit building.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Heres what you want for a good sampire suit:
150stam (180 prefered)
35ssi
140+hp
70+mana
100 dmg increase
elf race
Min 70s all resist after vamp form. 75s prefered.
45hci. 20dci
45-55lmc (depends if you prefer plate or studded)
Full set of elemental dmg dble axes with slayers
30hld on mace and shield

Sr/hr/mr not really necessary when you have leeches on weapon.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Just noticed. "Splintering Weapon" is for pvp. The problem is that it's going to lose durability at a furious rate. For PvM use, get a weapon without Splintering. You've seen sampires carrying those double axe thingies (with whirlwind and double strike), and bladed staff (for armor ignore). Get yourself some of that... you can stone off fencing and get swordsmanship, right?
Okay that is good to know. I have a lot of other weapons I've collected so I probably have something more useful laying around. I haven't built this character yet so I can do any weapon skill needed. As far as these double axe's or bladed staffs, are those innate special moves for those weapons or am I looking for ones that have this property on them? Is this a bladed staff or a double bladed staff?

Also, I've been on Atl picking up a pet, so you haven't been around to get me killed! ;)

@Jimmydeanbean - You will want as many extra buffs as you can on your suit with the ultimate goal being to swing your selected weapon at 1.25 ticks (stam 180+ usually) while doing max damage with that weapon (150 str & 100% DI on your suit is best) that has a high enough base damage to give you usable leeches (a dagger/skinning knife does very little damage vs a bladed staff) while also hitting on as many hits as possible (45 HCI & some HLD). That can look like a lot of things when it comes to suit building.
Thanks for the info. I will rework the suit and see what I can come up with.

Also, what are some good sampire items to put in the sash slot and the Talisman slot? I currently have the spell focusing sash on just to add a little DCI but that's only because I don't have something else to put in that spot at the moment.

Finally, does armor need to be Meddable?

Last edited:

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Jimmy I asked almost the same in the warrior forum and got some great suggestions ;)

This is the thread :

Have fun :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Heres what you want for a good sampire suit:
150stam (180 prefered)
35ssi
140+hp
70+mana
100 dmg increase
elf race
Min 70s all resist after vamp form. 75s prefered.
45hci. 20dci
45-55lmc (depends if you prefer plate or studded)
Full set of elemental dmg dble axes with slayers
30hld on mace and shield

Sr/hr/mr not really necessary when you have leeches on weapon.
This is pretty accurate although I think the strength should be 150 on sampires to help get to the 300 DI cap (it's confusing how that breaks down but an excellent write is in the warrior page and the thread is here Confirmation on Max damage (PvM) ).

Also the HLD from mace and shields can be interchangeable with a head piece to give you stats over the HLD and then you add HLD to your weapon.

Everything else is pretty spot on and a must.

Another very good link where @Ang7 and I talk about suit mods and some pieces are shown is here Reforging 100% Elemental + 100% Mana Leech (we kind of went off topic from the mana leech part and went into suit building).

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I just recently put an auction up for an affordable sampire suit that is nearly maxed out on all major areas.

Full suit like this for about 200mill is pretty good. I actually made very little money off this after cost of everything.

I do my suits as 20ssi and 180 min stam. Other way to do it is 35ssi and 150 min stam.

I have pics of every single piece. This is how I build most of my suits:
(If it was for champ spawning I would do 5 metal and 1 studded piece for 47lmc and max stam protection)

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can find sampire suits on Atlantic for around 80mil area that are the armor setup minus the Mace and Shield glasses. Once you have that basically you can upgrade the gear as needed. There are so many different versions of sampires out there that everyone is going to have their own opinion on the template and gearing, you need to find what works out best for you and your playstyle. You can gather the basics of the template by reading everyone's stuff but I highly recommend going out and playing it and seeing how it feels.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can find sampire suits on Atlantic for around 80mil area that are the armor setup minus the Mace and Shield glasses. Once you have that basically you can upgrade the gear as needed. There are so many different versions of sampires out there that everyone is going to have their own opinion on the template and gearing, you need to find what works out best for you and your playstyle. You can gather the basics of the template by reading everyone's stuff but I highly recommend going out and playing it and seeing how it feels.
Where are these Sampire suits for 80m?

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know my shop at Yew Tram Moongate on Atlantic keeps it stocked, again these are premade suits to cover the basics, you can always upgrade them.

1613487333415.png