• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Race

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have two sampires and built them around being elves. The mana boost helps you focus more on other stats for your suit and extra energy resist will allow you to save some more DCI assuming you're going to refine your resists.

That's not to say it's impossible to be a successful sampire as a human. Certainly positive to get the HPR boost and the JOAT benefit.. but I see more of the top tier samps playing as elves.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run the ec I do like using Human because of the jack of all trades skill and being able to carry more items. plus in EC can make him a Vampire or undead look.

A lot of the top tear non art Armor is elf woodland but you can do alright as human. could get away with it with the earrings but now you have the HCI earrings witch are a must.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Elf. +5 Energy Resist Cap/+20 Mana/Night Sight (no need to waste Earring/Boot slot for it with an Elf), and access to a wider range of gear.

70 Energy Resist Human takes 20% more Energy Damage than 75 Energy Resist Elf. 75 Energy Resist (Refined) Human takes 25% more Energy Damage than 80 Energy Resist (Refined) Elf.
The innate Night Sight didn't use to be that big of an advantage when Humans could easily just get it from the Nocturne Earrings, and didn't have any real competition for that gear slot. With the introduction of Solaria's Secret Poisons (+10 Ninjitsu/+10% HCI) though, there's now viable competition for that slot.
Humans can also get NS from Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals, but that'd be competing against Boots of Escaping, Shanty's Waders, and Arcane Thigh Boots (for Sampires that cast the occasional Necro spell).

Last edited: