• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire question

mihali

Sage
120 Bushi/115 tact/120 swords/100 necro/100 anat/80 Chiv
150 hp/str 200 stam . Damage is 100 with all gear except weaps. HCI is 45, DCI is 45. All resists are 70, energy 75.
Using Double Axes mostly with HML/HSL/Slayer/HLD some hit spell. To add parry would have to sacrifice something else like anat.
Using Bushi masteries.
This is for PvM and this event.

Question is : No Parry at all. Is that the right approach or should have parry of 60? and why?
Have Parry 115 stoned.
Ty for info.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People tend to go with 60 parry so they get the 300 skill special move mana bonus. 120 swords, 120 bush put you at 240. 60 parry gets you to that 300.

I don't use chiv on any sampire. What spells do you actually use? Is there another way of achieving those same effects that don't require skill points?

mihali

Sage
People tend to go with 60 parry so they get the 300 skill special move mana bonus. 120 swords, 120 bush put you at 240. 60 parry gets you to that 300.

I don't use chiv on any sampire. What spells do you actually use? Is there another way of achieving those same effects that don't require skill points?
So tactics 115 does not count? Is it not one of the battle skills?

Thogoth

Visitor
I understand you need 60 Parry for the bonus. Is there a reason not to take it all the way to 120? Where are those 60 points most effective?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here are my two sampire builds:

Platemail Sampire:
1665850261938.png

Bone/Studded Sampire:
1665850289164.png

Amounts in left column are real skill, right column are skill points from items.

First build is a bit more defensive... uses platemail for full stamina protection, has 120 Resist Spells to help versus caster spawns, has high parrying, uses Chivalry instead of Anatomy. I use Bushido mastery for the amped up Confidence heal. I sacrifice some base damage by not having Anatomy, but I've never found this a problem with 100% damage increase on my build, double slayers between weapon and cameo, and Chiv spells where necessary.

Second build is more offense focused, but also a bit more squishy. Only 60 parry... as others have discussed here... and also light on Resist Spells. I get paralyzed and cursed more frequently on this build... but make up for it by having more powerful hits that can leach back more life, mana and stam. I use the Swords mastery for the Onslaught special in light of not having Chivalry on this build.

I have a few other 'sampire' like builds, but these are my main two. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. For this current event, the plate samp does better because Undead is a heavy casting spawn and the Stam protection helps a great deal on the Fel side.

Good luck!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry is still useful for EoO against foes with no Slayer, such as Ossein Rams, Spectral Armors, etc. Con Wep is practically a requirement when doing Khaldun's Khal Ankur Champ spawn as well.
While I agree with the no slayer thing, there are other ways: Honor, grapes of wrath, and level 3 mastery get you to 115 of the 200 cap. I find it unnecessary to use any of them though. Instead of Con Wep in Khaldun, you could just take two weapons with different damage types. Swap as required.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I agree with the no slayer thing, there are other ways: Honor, grapes of wrath, and level 3 mastery get you to 115 of the 200 cap. I find it unnecessary to use any of them though. Instead of Con Wep in Khaldun, you could just take two weapons with different damage types. Swap as required.
At GM Chiv, EoO gives +64% Damage, and Con Wep gives +5% Damage. At 120 Chiv, EoO gives +82% Damage, and Con Wep gives +15%. Those can be combined with Honor for 169/200 or 197/200 Bonus Damage. 120 Chiv+Perfected Honor (good luck getting Perfection against Spectral Armor though) basically gives you Lesser Slayer damage bonus against even non-Slayer foes.
At the Khal Ankur Champ spawn, the first 2 levels have 4 varieties of Skelementals, each basically immune to all but 1 Element, depending on their color. You'd need 4 100% Elemental Undead Slayer WW Weps (Radiant Scimitar on Lvl 2 once the Viscera spawn and start debuffing your swing speed/HCI with Aura of Nausea) for that spawn without Con Wep.
Here's Red and Blue Skelemental Knights on Lvl 1. Lvl 2 has Purple and Black Skelemental Mages (didn't get screenshots of their Resists).
Skelemental Red.PNG Skelemental Blue.PNG

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At GM Chiv, EoO gives +64% Damage, and Con Wep gives +5% Damage. At 120 Chiv, EoO gives +82% Damage, and Con Wep gives +15%. Those can be combined with Honor for 169/200 or 197/200 Bonus Damage. 120 Chiv+Perfected Honor (good luck getting Perfection against Spectral Armor though) basically gives you Lesser Slayer damage bonus against even non-Slayer foes.
At the Khal Ankur Champ spawn, the first 2 levels have 4 varieties of Skelementals, each basically immune to all but 1 Element, depending on their color. You'd need 4 100% Elemental Undead Slayer WW Weps (Radiant Scimitar on Lvl 2 once the Viscera spawn and start debuffing your swing speed/HCI with Aura of Nausea) for that spawn without Con Wep.
Here's Red and Blue Skelemental Knights on Lvl 1. Lvl 2 has Purple and Black Skelemental Mages (didn't get screenshots of their Resists).
View attachment 136993 View attachment 136994
I love that spawn and they should have followed the model in all tot events

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
120 Bushi/115 tact/120 swords/100 necro/100 anat/80 Chiv
150 hp/str 200 stam . Damage is 100 with all gear except weaps. HCI is 45, DCI is 45. All resists are 70, energy 75.
Using Double Axes mostly with HML/HSL/Slayer/HLD some hit spell. To add parry would have to sacrifice something else like anat.
Using Bushi masteries.
This is for PvM and this event.

Question is : No Parry at all. Is that the right approach or should have parry of 60? and why?
Have Parry 115 stoned.
Ty for info.
Great points. Will try 60 parry. Thank you for tips.
You could also swap out anatomy for lumberjacking if you are only using an axe. That would bring you up past 300 skill for that added LMC on specials and give you a damage mod similar to anatomy. Now I'm not sure if this would be a 1:1 swap but someone like @PlayerSkillFTW would probably be able to answer that.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could also swap out anatomy for lumberjacking if you are only using an axe. That would bring you up past 300 skill for that added LMC on specials and give you a damage mod similar to anatomy. Now I'm not sure if this would be a 1:1 swap but someone like @PlayerSkillFTW would probably be able to answer that.
GM LJ gives consistent +30% Damage with 2H Axes/Polearms (Bardiche/Halberd), with a 10% chance per swing to trigger a double Base Weapon Damage bonus. GM Anatomy gives a consistent +55% Damage. GM Anat gives more consistent damage than just GM LJ.

Combining Tact+Anat+LJ though results in some pretty crazy damage. When hunting UEVs on my Sampire, i'll swap my Parry and Chiv for Anat and LJ. With 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM LJ/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Bush, and Corpse Skin+Onslaught+120 Disco (my Disco+AP Vollem), i'll deliver 350+ total damage a Double Strike, and 400+ total when GM LJ procs (or during my Vollem's AP). Tears UEVs apart in less than a minute. I use this Double Axe for farming them.
UEV Slayer.PNG

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW will current vollem from cleanup work or need prepatch one ?
Yes, a current Vollem will work. The difference between a current Vollem vs pre-patch Vollem, is that a pre-patch Vollem will start 2 slots, and go to 3 when leveled once, but will also have a lower Base Damage though due to the lower slot (current Vollems start at 3 slots, and go to 4 slots when leveled once).
My Dexxers prefer using a current Vollem for the higher Base Damage (the 4 slots is fine, since they just ride a 1 slot Swampy), while i use a Pre-Patch Vollem for my Prospectors (so they can use leveled Vollem+Giant Beetle+Fire Beetle at same time). For my Prospectors, it's perfect having a leveled pre-patch Vollem that can guard them against virtually anything i come across as i mine and smelt ore on the Fire Beetle, then store the ingots/wood/sand/fish on the Giant Beetle. My Dexxers use a 120 Disco+AP Vollem, and my Prospectors use a Magery+AI pre-patch Vollem.

You want to put 120 Disco on the Vollem first, then level it up to 120, and once it reaches 120, then put Armor Pierce on them. Training Discord is MUCH slower the more abilities a pet knows, so it's best to train it with as few known abilities as possible. I use a Tamer running Consume Damage on the Vollem in the Acid Slug Pit to train it's Discord skill, and once it's trained up (make sure to keep the Taming Required at 30.0 or below), i transfer it to my Dexxer and let it bond.

Having a 120 Disco+AP Vollem is another powerful way to augment your Dexxer's damage output (and even survivability, with how Discord works), but it's situational and you got to know how to effectively control the Vollem and keep it from being targeted.

Last edited: