• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire? New-old player gear questions

mgetter

Visitor
Hello, I played back in the 90s when the gear was relatively simple... Coming back I've been reading that sampires are the way to go now for solo grinding. I built a char with the standard template stats but don't know what kind of gear should I search for. I have a non-subscription account and around 5 mill gold so I am looking for kind of basic gear to get by on easier mobs (mainly daemons). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! It would be good to know what shard are you playing on? Also, please post your skills and skill levels. Daemons are very easy and a starter suit should be easy to obtain. I would also suggest posting on the shard you are playing on. There are always players willing to help with items to get you started.

mgetter

Visitor
Thank you, I am on the atlantic shard.

Edit: I read it may be advisable for some one with limited resources to take mace fighting and add a shield instead of going swords. They said the 120 scroll goes from something like 30 mill to 500k and with a shield it is easier to get resists capped out. Would this be the best for me at the moment?

skills are:
100 necro
80 resist
65 bushido
60 chiv (working on getting this to 80 now)
swords(think i will change this to mace based on the price difference of the 120 scrolls), parray and tactics 50

100 spirit speak and 100 meditation which i have turned down, I was using them for leveling necro.

stats with gear:
str- 114
dex - 46(working on bringin this up to 110 and int down)
int - 91

I've been following rabid sniper's guide on youtube and been having a lot of fun building the char. Just about to go into the combat portion of training.

One last question, I saw for a newer sampire it may be better to take healing instead of bushido. Would this help be survive a little better with sub par gear?

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First and foremost, go with the combat skill you will most enjoy playing.:sword:Start with 100 in your combat skills and work from there. You will "eventually" need 120 in Melee, Tactics, and Bushido based on the Youtube guide you're following. The 120 Tactics scroll will be your biggest expense for scrolls. o_O You do not want to use a shield, holding a shield will work against you when fighting. (That is not the way of a Samurai) ;) Healing instead of Bushido is not a Sampire. Learn to heal by doing damage in Vampiric Embrace form.

Strength is Hit Points, so get them as high as possible
Your Dexterity is Stamina which controls your swing speed. You need to max swing speed for you given weapon.
Intelligence doesn't have to be high, but Mana needs to be high enough to maintain all the specials you are using. You can get manna from items.
Lower Mana cost, LMC, has to be a minimum of 40, this is essential. Different suit materials will increase LMC to 45 or 55, depending on material.

Questions:
Is you character an Elf? This gives you several advantages. 20 extra mana, night sight, and sexy ears. ;)
Are you currently at a 225 cap for stats with a new account, or are you on your old account with 230 cap? You will need 255 and 260 is ideal.

mgetter

Visitor
Okay, few things answered, no shield first and foremost. No healing (I do use vampiric embrace) and last, keep bushido.

I have been redoing my gear a little bit today trying to add HCI and DCI to my bracelet and ring (found a ring/bracelet with 15% HCI, 15% DCI and 8% LMC each for 2500... seems like a steal!) my LMC is 42% at the moment and I will make sure to keep it over 40.

Going to see if I can find some new armor items but they seem more difficult to shop for.

I think I will switch to mace just to plan for the future, 120 swords is out of my price range and if mace is almost as good i'll take it.

My char is human (I had to rework a char because I was over the allotment for a free account) but I have started the quest to become elf.

As for stats I lost my old account, so I started a new one. It has 225 max stats, I was able to train my dex a bit today and got it to 55, so right now my stats are str-110, dex-55, int-60. Not sure what I should take my dex to with 225 stat points.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds Great! Since you can work your stats at anytime, I would suggest dropping Int to 20 and put the points into Dex for now. The stats will probably change depending on the suit pieces you get and Elf will give you plus 20 mana when you do the quest. The hardest part of the Elf quest is finding the locations, so look for a rune book that has everything marked.

Maxing HCI is more important than maxing DCI, so take that into consideration when looking for suit pieces.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been redoing my gear a little bit today trying to add HCI and DCI to my bracelet and ring (found a ring/bracelet with 15% HCI, 15% DCI and 8% LMC each for 2500... seems like a steal!) my LMC is 42% at the moment and I will make sure to keep it over 40.

As for stats I lost my old account, so I started a new one. It has 225 max stats, I was able to train my dex a bit today and got it to 55, so right now my stats are str-110, dex-55, int-60. Not sure what I should take my dex to with 225 stat points.
You only want to run a 20 dci with a Sampire. And some people run with no dci once they have better gear. With 255 max stats eventually you will want 125 str, 120 dex, and 10 int once you get some gear with +int/mana on it.

mgetter

Visitor
I am going to start training my dex now, seems like the most important thing at the moment. I spent a little while searching for and buying gear... here is the stats I have on a pretty low cost set. Any recommendations on changes would be greatly appreciated, I mainly went for HCI DCI and LMC. Last thing I need to buy is a weapon, found out how to search for a diamond mace so I am looking into that at the moment.

11.jpg

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m not sure if your in Vampiric Embrace form in the character sheet, but Fire resist needs to be 70 when in VE. Aim for 100 Damage Increase and as close to Max swing speed as you can get. The more damage you do, the more you heal yourself.

I use swords, so I’m not sure about your Diamond Mace weapon choice. Some of the favorite choices for Primary and Secondary abilities for a Sampire are Armor Ignore, Double Strike, and Whirlwind.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Some resources in the Professions / Warrior thread that may be of interest. Welcome Back!!!

Hope they help! Willing to answer any Macer questions, that's my favorite. Best starting weapons for Macer are war axe (AI), Blackstaff or Barbed whip (WW). Graduate to Hammerpick (AI) and Warhammer) and maul (double strike) once you hit 30 SSI on suit and 180+ stamina. Crushing blow gives a great Damage multiplier boost if you are lacking slayers, but it comes second to have an AI weapon.

Honestly, my recommendation is start a Tamer, easiest to outfit and fight end game content. Then make a crafter. Then a sampire. Use the tamer to get enough gear (easier with luck items, and tamers can support luck suits easier) to get your sampire to living through an easy spawn like Rat Spawn. Then sell powerscrolls to get better gear.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Contradicting or different playstyles? There isn't one specific way to make a sampire. There isn't one specific goal to do. Each person likes doing different things. One might want to do peerless, one might want to do champ spawns, one might want to farm for this or that.

Personally, I would suggest building a modular sampire. 120 wpn skill, and a bunch of other skills at 100. That way you can swap stuff in and out to see what works best for you. Once you figure out what you like, then you can start to dial in the specifics. Is the 120 tactics really worth it? Probably not. Do people use 120 tactics to get a little bump for damage for what they are killing? Yes.....as long as the survivability and efficiency is there.

Starting sampire
100 swords/tactics/resist/parry/bush/necro/chivalry......you can solo champ spawns on that.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Contradicting or different playstyles? There isn't one specific way to make a sampire. There isn't one specific goal to do. Each person likes doing different things.
You just proved my point. And if you read through all the Sampire related threads people are constantly disagreeing on what you should and shouldn't do. I'm not saying it's not a flexible build. I'm just saying for a returning or new player it can be daunting reading through all that stuff and trying to figure out where to start. I know from personal experience when I came back to the game after years away. I ended up skipping the Sampire and made a tamer until I understood the game better.

mgetter

Visitor
I think I will follow the template you just posted after all, I was going to go mace but as a free player I ran into an issue repairing my weapons and jewelry. I have a 100 smith so I was able to repair my plate mail and I am working on my tinkerer (75) so I will be able to repair my jewelry but I've bought up all the staffs that were affordable with mana leech and they all sit in my bank with less then 5 durability. I dont have a carpenter which would be needed to repair the staffs.

Reason for switching to swords is I will be able to use my smith char to repair the axes.

Been having a lot of fun training this char so far. Going to try to figure out how to make gold now to buy skill scrolls. Any recommendations on farming spots? I was going to try the champ spawns recommended with the tutorial videos and see how that goes.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where you fight will depend on what your current skill levels are at. You will also need Talisman and specialized weapon for each specific encounter.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I will follow the template you just posted after all, I was going to go mace but as a free player I ran into an issue repairing my weapons and jewelry. I have a 100 smith so I was able to repair my plate mail and I am working on my tinkerer (75) so I will be able to repair my jewelry but I've bought up all the staffs that were affordable with mana leech and they all sit in my bank with less then 5 durability. I dont have a carpenter which would be needed to repair the staffs.

Reason for switching to swords is I will be able to use my smith char to repair the axes.

Been having a lot of fun training this char so far. Going to try to figure out how to make gold now to buy skill scrolls. Any recommendations on farming spots? I was going to try the champ spawns recommended with the tutorial videos and see how that goes.
Farm miasma. Sell the maps in the chests. Bag of sending the gold. Easy payday.

There are public repair benches you can use.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I keep my repair bench stocked and set to public use for people along with all the portal items. Makes it easier for new and returning players to not have to worry about that stuff.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I ran into an issue repairing my weapons and jewelry. I have a 100 smith so I was able to repair my plate mail and I am working on my tinkerer (75) so I will be able to repair my jewelry but I've bought up all the staffs that were affordable with mana leech and they all sit in my bank with less then 5 durability. I dont have a carpenter which would be needed to repair the staffs.
I can get you a rune to my house on Atl if you like. It's public and all my portals and repair bench are open for public use. I keep the repair bench stocked.

mgetter

Visitor
I can get you a rune to my house on Atl if you like. It's public and all my portals and repair bench are open for public use. I keep the repair bench stocked.
I think a guild member may have shown me your house. I have been using the repair bench to repair my gear. It makes a huge difference in the game, thank you very much!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My sampire has Swords, Tactics, Bushido, Parrying, Resist Spells, Necromancy and Chivalry. I generally use a plate suit, but others might suggest studded leather and bone. There's alot you can do with the template, so find a rhythm that works best for you before settling on any one build.

Alot of good information shared so far. Check out the Warrior forums and some of the thread links others have shared for more in-depth discussions.

If you're just returning, I would suggest learning game-play mechanics and playing around for a bit before trying to maximize your suit and weapons. If you're on Atlantic, I would be happy to help you connect with an active guild.

Good luck!