• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sampire] Messing with Dreadhorn©

G

Gurb

Got my suit all finished up this week, transferred my Ornate Axe from atlantic over to Baja.

Decided I'd start off my adventures by stocking up on my favorite consumables: Enchanted Apples, G.Heal Pots, Total Refresh Pots, as well as Str and Dex boosters. Went and found my local stable boy and grabbed my favorite Swampy, gave him a little snack and he decided he'd be my eternal friend. I gave my new favorite mount a shiny set of exceptional armor and he was happy.

My new companion, Ol'Reliable, carried me on our way to the Succubus room in Illishenar. Gentleman... we have arrived. Our target is in sight, I invoke my honor and say "good fight to you", cast EoO and proceed to 3 shot every succubi the devil threw at me. He tested my skills by giving me a Paragon Succubi but she, much like her lesser sisters, were of no match.

After an hour of slaughter, and a 100k gold in the bank later. Me and 'Ol'Reliable' head back to luna to count our spoils and repair our dings and dents. We then decided to head to the Twistedweald. After about 30minutes of spawn luring, leading and invising. We managed to acquire all 6 keys needed to unlock DreadHorn.

I honor myself, refresh my EoO, clicked the key and jumped acrost the river. Honor Dreadhorn and proceed to spam Lightning Strike. After 10 minutes, countless enchanted apples, a handful of refresh potions. Dreadhorn bested me with 5% hitpoints left. I got paralyzed, FS, I MISSED a LightningStrike, got paralyzed again, got FS and something else. Never the less I was dead.

It was a really good experience and really tested my patience and ability to stay focused and react quickly. Went back a few hours later, got my keys, crossed over and for some reason or other only made it to 50%, was doing great keeping curses off me, keeping my stamina refreshed, I kept evasion and Confidence up as best I could. But just couldn't keep up. Felt like he was getting alot of really good lucky hits.

I thought I'd share my 'story' and maybe learn something in the process for the community of Sampires. Maybe I'm forgetting something or maybe I'm just not doing it correctly at all.

Skills:
120 swords
107+13 ring bushido
120 parry
100 anat
100 tactics
100 necro
73+13 bracelet chiv

Suit consists of:
70/68/70/67/75
faction - Rune Beetle Carpace
faction - Crimmy
faction - Fey Leggings
normal - M&S
imbued ring - 13 bush, 13dci, 22di, 7 dex, 6 energy resist
imbued bracelet - 13 chiv, 13dci, 22di, 7dex, 7str
crafted sleeves - 7si, 2mr, 6lmc
crafted gloves - 95 resists, 15% rpd
crafted gorget - 7si

Weapon: Ornate Axe not-imbued
Hit Stamina Leech 40%
Hit Life Leech 60%
Hit Mana Leech 45%
Hit Lower Attack 38%
Swing Speed Increase 30%
Damage Increase 40%
Damage split 40/10/20/10/20.

stats:
125/150/10
130hp/165stam/55mana
51% dci
100% di
2x% lmc

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dunno man. Your stuff is better than mine and I rock him.

G

Gurb

I think Im having the most trouble dealing with the mana dumps. If I get a mana dump and miss a swing I'm a hurtin soldier. But today is a new day :D Going to give 'er a few more attempts later tonight, and report back in the morning.

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want a weapon that deals 100% physical damage against Dreadhorn since that's his lowest resist. I'd also suggest a one handed weapon. An Ornate Axe's damage output looks tempting but in all honesty it's just too slow and sketchy to be consistent. How are you using Refresh potions with a two hander anyways? If you're running away to disarm and drink the potion you're defeating the main purpose of a sampire, to leech. It gives him time to hit some spells and have his poison tick a couple times without leeching anything back. If you must use a two hander I'd suggest using Divine Fury to refresh your stamina. That way you can still stand toe to toe and leech as much as you can. I used to soo much want to make a two hander work and may work one or two into use sometime in the future but I love rocking a Leafblade of Ease on about any peerless I go up against. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two handers are fine if:

You have a ton of SSI
They're fast two handers to begin with

I won't use my ornate until I get a full Assassin Suit, it's just too slow even with 30 SSI.

Rune Blades, spears, pitchforks, black staves are awesome.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the previous poster.

Ornates hit really hard, but if you get hit a couple of times and your stam falls that thing is really slow. I used to have the same problem when I was using a Diamond Mace before I got my dex to 150.

I now use a leaf blade, and I can fall to 90ish stam and still swing pretty close to max (leech usually keeps me well above 90). I also found that when he starts dumping hard I feint him and I'm untouchable for those 6 seconds.

G

Gurb

How are you using Refresh potions with a two hander anyways?
I've got the soulseeker in my backpack that I've got set to equip last weapon. I hit the macro to swap weapons, hit my potion and hit my swap weapon macro again.

J

Jonas123

Two handers are fine if:

You have a ton of SSI
They're fast two handers to begin with

I won't use my ornate until I get a full Assassin Suit, it's just too slow even with 30 SSI.

Rune Blades, spears, pitchforks, black staves are awesome.
How will you get 70s resists with that suit?

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did you break the para with trap box and are you chugging greater str and greater dex pots? You need to break para, you can wait for Dread to break para for you and the extra stats from pots will help.

Also are you just using evasion when timer is up or are you actually saving it just for critical situation? Only use evasion when you are in trouble.

Also you will want to mix in consecrate weapon if you want to keep using that ornate.

S

Stupid Miner

Work up sacrifice for free rezzes. :thumbsup:
Not like you need the fame anyway.