• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Macros?

Fenbay

Adventurer
I've seen several responses inside different threads, but I haven't seen a consolidated thread. Granted I'm a newb so could be user error.

Would anyone be willing to share some of his or her macros for fighting with a samphire? Either client is fine, but I typically use EC now when fighting stuff. I know my macros aren't setup properly which leads to some deaths from not swinging etc.

Thanks in advance!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
F1 - Honor
F2 - Enemy of One
F3 - Consecrate Weapon
F4 - Counterstrike or Momentum Strike
F5 - Primary Weapon Special
F6 - Secondary Weapon Special
F7 - Evasion
F8 - Holy Light
F9 - Consecrate Weapon (on self)
F10 - Cleanse by Fire (on self)
F11 - Close Wounds (on self)
F12 - Confidence

This is what I run on most all of my sampires. I also have a macro for sacred journey that brings me to the default location on my primary runebook. I have this set as cntrl-`. This is absolutely not the only way to setup macros. Note, I chose counterstrike on characters with a whirlwind weapon and momentum strike on those without a whirlwind weapon. I also don't use divine fury. Most all of my warriors start the same way for F1, F2, F3, F5 and F6. F4 varies between momentum strike, counterattack and lightning strike. F7 for sampires is always evasion. F8 is my area effect spell. On my Necro-Mage this is always wither. On some mages it is nether cyclone or earthquake. On characters with chivalry, it is always holy light. My F9 through F12 are used for some sort of healing. I use the same setup on my mages where F9 is bless (on self), F10 is arch cure (on self), F11 is greater heal (on self), and F12 is either spirit speak or use healing stone. So you can see the consistency in my macros across all my characters. This helps me play multiple characters and always know how the macros are setup.

I also have a default for bandage self and it is spacebar. Of course, I don't typically use this on my sampires, but characters with healing. I have used spacebar to mount my swamp dragon when I get dismounted. This is useful for places like Khaldun with the level 4 and champ spawn often dismounting me. I also use my number pad to change weapons. I don't have a dress macro on a key, because in EC I just click on the icon, but I could add that if I wanted.

I don't key these, but I have these in EC hotbars. They include vampric embrace, valor, sacrifice, the same spells for F9-F12 except set to cursor. I also have my noble sacrifice handy. I have my mouse scroll up set to target last and my scroll down to target self.

Hopefully that helps. I'm interested to see what other sampires use too. Below is a quick cutout of my macros from Obsidian, my main sampire.

Obsidian_Macros.png

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have a few macros that are the same on every character:

Last object
Last spell
Open door
All names

Specifically for a sampire I'd also have:

Evasion
Confidence
Lightning strike
Counter attack
Momentum strike
Invoke virtue honour
Enemy of one
Divine fury
Consecrate
Close wounds
Cleanse by fire
Remove curse
Dispel evil

If it's a ninja sampire I'd also have:

Mirror image
Animal form
Focus attack

I also have:

Primary special move
Secondary special move
Open paperdoll (to rubber band yourself)
Last target (on mouse wheel)
Target self (on mouse wheel)

The new system's target nearest hostile, toggle whirlwind, attack last to use after aggroing everything with open paperdoll and running into the middle.

If it's a ranged sampire or wammy I'd use the old targeting system's attack next, toggle momenum strike, attack last. Or depending on level it can be better to manually attack a ranged target while hitting momenum on a group next to you as you can get hit area going off in two areas.

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My most used macro with sampire is "Honor next and attack".
At EC you can do it different ways but here is one:
Put actions as:
1) Honor
2) Wait for target
3) Target nearest enemy (Usually you want enemy here)
4) Cursor target current
5) Attack current target

Makes life lot easier

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As I am right handed, I usually rest my left hand around the "ASDF" keys on the keyboard, from where I can quickly reach any important hotkey. On a side note, most keyboards have a special physical mark on the "F" key (as well as "J" key) nowadays, it is thus easy to find or verify the correct "ASDF" position without looking at all.

I generally copy-paste the character profile files in the enhanced client folder from my mage to my dexxer templates (or vice versa) and just replace the spell hotkeys in the "QWER", "ASDF", and "ZXCV" rows as well as the weapons/spellbooks in the 123 etc. row.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Put actions as:
1) Honor
2) Wait for target
4) Cursor target current
5) Attack current target

Makes life lot easier
This macro is the bomb! Thanks for sharing.

Fenbay

Adventurer
Is there an open paperdoll macro available in the EC? What would an effective macro look like using it?

If you aren't using open paperdoll, you are missing out on a lot of time-saving.
Please teach me how to save time

What does opening the paperdoll do?
How am I to do it? Just once in a room? Twice? Several Times?
Do I need to be in war mode?

I know that most people just KNOW, but I don't understand how or why. When giving advice please consider that some of the readers such as myself are clueless.

I have a few macros that are the same on every character:
Open paperdoll (to rubber band yourself)

What is rubber band? Why do you do it?

The new system's target nearest hostile, toggle whirlwind, attack last to use after aggroing everything with open paperdoll and running into the middle.
How do you agrro things by opening paperdoll? How often do I open paperdoll? It just makes me feel like I am lagging... I know im painfully clueless but please give a brief step by step how to aggro everything.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Rubber banding is similar to what happens when you try to walk into a house that is private and you bounce back from the steps.

Opening the paperdoll while moving does the same thing, and like Teleporting into the middle of a group of enemies will aggro everything on you, this means nearest hostile macro works because everything will be hostile.

You open it as often as there's new spawn to draw and you need them to aggro on you. One open will aggro everything on screen.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there an open paperdoll macro available in the EC? What would an effective macro look like using it?
In the EC, create a macro in which you insert open paperdoll + insert a delay and set it to 0.5 seconds or so depending on your ping + insert open paperdoll again.

On that note, there is nearly no rubberband effect in the EC, perhaps as the healthbars of the mobs are automatically updated anyway, and I cant get anything aggroed on me this way.

However, you can activate automatically attack anything selected if in war mode in the EC. I use the mouse scroll wheel to flip through "next targets", this way aggroing a bunch of mobs.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On that note, there is nearly no rubberband effect in the EC, perhaps as the healthbars of the mobs are automatically updated anyway, and I cant get anything aggroed on me this way.
it works perfectly in the EC. My guess is you were standing still while closing/opening your paperdoll. You have to make sure you are moving around while using the paperdoll macro, then you will get the rubberband effect and everything will aggro on you.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So its just opening the paper doll, not open and the close it..then reopen etc.
When you open paperdoll you get agro.
So you kinda have to close it to open it again, because you want the effect multiple times, its not like you open paperdoll and for the rest of day you get auto agro.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When you open paperdoll you get agro.
So you kinda have to close it to open it again, because you want the effect multiple times, its not like you open paperdoll and for the rest of day you get auto agro.
Problem with open-closing is that the paperdoll goes all over the place lol. I was hoping its just opening and moving as it may be that the paperdoll stays static.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You don't need to close it, and if you uncheck offset gumps in the options it stays where you put it, I put mine off to the right so it's not covering anytime.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Having uniform macros sounds like a great idea, especially for a player who takes long breaks away from UO or switches between many different characters. I do something similar, where casters have common spells mapped to the same keys. Dexers also but a different subset. I guess you could say I dwell in the ASDF region, and use a LOT of modifier keys.

- A is always hide/invis on self
- ctrl+A is precast invis

W is for Heals!
- W is always primary heal on self, this could be gheal, cleansing winds, close wounds, or bandage.
- ctrl+W is precast primary heal
- alt+W is secondary heal: mini-heal or close wounds for chars with bandies
- shift+W is supplemental heal: confidence for bush, gift of renewal for SW
- ctrl+alt+W is spirit speak for anyone with that skill

- F is the same as above, but target current rather than target self for playing in a group

Q is for cures!
- Q is always primary cure: gcure or cleanse by fire, or healing stone
- alt+Q is fast cure on casters, remove curse for chiv
- ctrl+Q is precast primary cure

- E / R are primary/secondary special
- alt+ E / R are lightning strike/momentum strike

- R is teleport for casters
- alt+R is teleport (or rel por scroll) if they use weapon specials

- Z is most important summon, EV or RC
- alt+Z is secondary summon, EV or natures fury
- shift+Z is mass dispell

I use the top row number keys for frequently used damage spells for casters, usually with alt+ for a smaller, quicker spell of the same element. For dexers I use the top row number keys for chivalry.

The F keys are for other damaging spells, F4 is always AoE, on my necromage its wither with alt+F4 being essence of wind. The last 4 F keys are the big mage/mystic AoE's.

I also use ~ for my most important spammable, 'honor nearest; attack last' for bushido dexers. Evil omen for my necromage, with alt+~ being corpse skin.

- ctrl+alt+space is equip suit, which is super handy after a self res with a lot of mobs around

- ctrl+shift+space is equip luck suit, also very handy for a quick switch right before that last hit.

... my tamer vet macros are all on V, with many many modifiers to vet most wounded, vet nearest, vet next

I would love to see an implementation in EC either through the devs or a custom UI that would allow you to target nearest boss, or target by HP maybe... you can sort of do this in pinco's by using filters on the mobiles hotbar, but it is not very effective and certainly not intuitive.

And HOLY CHRIST loool I've heard about 'open paperdoll' so many times, and had no clue what or why people thought it was so useful. Ive been running into spawn spamming "target next; attack last" to frustratingly little effect for years. This is amazing rofl... the things you learn on stratics!!

So does opening your paperdoll broadcast your location to nearby hostiles while standing still, too? Or is it just the rubber banding?

Last edited:

North_LS

Journeyman
i have a razor keypad with the following mapped:

top row: various bush stances, close wounds, cleanse by fire
second row: onslaught, weapon specials
third row: remove curse, EOO, divine fury, consecrate weapon
bottom row: lightning strike, momentum strike, honor, paperdoll
thumb key: macro to target nearest mobile / honor / target last / attack last

have last target and target self bound to mouse wheel up and down.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Put actions as:
1) Honor
2) Wait for target
4) Cursor target current
5) Attack current target

Makes life lot easier
Resurrecting this thread. I've gone back to this macro over and over. I recently decided to try going back to CC for some nostalgia. I tried to re-create this macro in CC but could not figure it out. Can anyone share their "honor attack nearest enemy" macro in Classic Client? I would like to setup the macro natively in the client, but can use UOAssist if required. Thanks!

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Resurrecting this thread. I've gone back to this macro over and over. I recently decided to try going back to CC for some nostalgia. I tried to re-create this macro in CC but could not figure it out. Can anyone share their "honor attack nearest enemy" macro in Classic Client? I would like to setup the macro natively in the client, but can use UOAssist if required. Thanks!
I spend some time last year figuring out this macro for CC as well, here is what I ended with that seems to work:

Select nearest - Hostile
InvokeVirtue - Honor
Last target
attack last

It worked last time I played on my archer.