• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire : It GOT to be a swordman ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question.

Does the Sampire got to be a swordsman OR can it also be a fencer or a macer ?

I guess it all goes down to the weapon being used but also to special moves associated to the weapon which differn, depending on whether the weapon is a swords, or fencing or macing weapon.

So here goes the question.

For a more effective Sampire, is it better for it to be swordsmanship or can it be fencing or macing just as well (or perhaps even better ??) ?

Thanks.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read me

Should we charge for personalized searches?

Anyhow, pay close attention to the first post in that thread from Stupid Miner (post #4).

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

A sampire can be any weapon skill.

Most weapon skills have similar speed and damage ranges. Although there are a few 'clear best' that jump a category for damage per second. Building the most effective depends on your definition of effective.

Swords has the most weapon options but that doesn't necessarily make them best.
Macing is usually considered the middle ground.
Fencing has the least weapon options.

For example, the Ornate Axe has the best damage per second in the game, but to build to get the most out of it you need more on your suit than if you just wanted to use Feint, which allows you to do basically all the same stuff. The Swords Feint weapon is a Daisho which is 2 handed, so it gives 5 more defense than a 1 handed weapon, Fencing's Leafblade for Feint has the same speed and damage of a Daisho but is 1 handed so you can use potions, Swords has a 1 handed Feint weapon - the bokuto - but its damage per second is one of the worst in the game. Fencing's Whirlwind weapon - the Kami - has terrible DPS compared to both Macing and Swords, Swords has the only 1 handed Whirlwind weapon in the game. You can build a Fencing suit for a Leafblade and Feint easier than you can build an all encompassing suit for Swords.

When all other things can be equal (slayers, damage caps) base damage is what makes the difference.

So effective comes down to DPS, specials, then other stuff such as using potions or using bandages.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nah doesn't have to be swords. I use a Macer myself, mainly because the Diamond Mace isn't far off in damage from the Ornate Axe and it's one handed letting me chug a few Stam pots, and Agility pots when needed or desired. The name of the game is damage per second so finding a weapon set that you like and allows you to put out enough damage to keep your health up is your primary concern.

Good example me and a friend were doing Medusa, I was using my imbued Diamond Mace (40 DI, 30 SSI, 50 HML, 50 HSL, Repond) and they were using a Soul Seeker. We got to comparing Crit hits with Lightning strike. They said they were topping out around 132, while I was regularly hitting crits for 156-180. That variance provides a 5 to 10 point difference in how much health we could leech per hit.