• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire in need of a new challenge

Mobidoy

Adventurer
I have been playing for 3 weeks now and having fun with my Sampire.

I started with New Haven undeads, Ettins then Earth Elementals.

When those became trivial, I moved up to Troglodytes. I finished my build on them ( 120 Sword, 120 Anat, 120 Bushido, 120 Tactics, 99 Necro, 75 Parry (90 with a +15 ring) and 66 Chivalry). I am still working on spell resist that I will switch with Anatomy when I go against casters.

Then I moved on to Miasma and got a suit build up. But then again, doing Honor, Onslaught then spamming Double Strike, I get Miasma down in 2 to 8 hits. It was fun but I think it is time to move on.

Miasma loot is ok, Level 7 maps (only Malas tho, is that all it give ?) Some lesser artifact, occasional greater artifact and some set pieces from time to time. Notice that I am yet to get a suit with more luck as I only have 140.

Spell resist not being ready to take into action yet, I would like suggestion of a New target, single preferably like Miasma, that is melee but with better loot. I dont want to take giant steps as I am still learning.

So, question to those Veteran players out there, what should I try next that is mainly melee, single spawn, fast respawn and better loot ? The next baby step up after Miasma.

Thank you for your help.

Mobidoy of Atlantic

Finegold

Journeyman
/Agreed. Start with trying to solo Rat Spawn. (Bring a couple of high durability weps for first stage - cause of slime's corrosive stuff).

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe do one of the trammel ones first so you know what to expect. Then move onto the felucca ones. The trammel ones are pretty much a waste of time but in fel you will get power scrolls and primers and also the possibility of being raided.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Use weapons with spell channeling to kill the slimes on rat spawn and they won't eat through the weapon durability.
Also, rat spawn is boring. I would recommend jumping right in on Semidar's one.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would recoment medusa, paragon balrogs, bone demon. when you can stand toe to toe with those, then try doom.

Tectop

Journeyman
I am very impressed with the amount of skill gains in 3 weeks. I have been building a simular build and after about a month my Bush and chivalry is just under 90. If you don't mind, please tell me how you gained that fast in them 2 skills.
Thanks in advance, and good work

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very impressed with the amount of skill gains in 3 weeks. I have been building a simular build and after about a month my Bush and chivalry is just under 90. If you don't mind, please tell me how you gained that fast in them 2 skills.
You can setup macro to keep lightning striking a horse over and over while casting chiv spells at the same time. Then go and watch some TV!

Same thing for gaining swords/tactics/anatomy by hitting a wolf spider with 100% poison weapon. You often see people just outside of Luna doing it.

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Time.... Being retired gives you a lot of time for this.

Has I said, started with the undeads in New Haven, then the Ettins. Not long after I went in the cave in New Haven for the Earth Elementals. Took a couple days to get Sword, Anatomy, Tactics and parry up where they needed to be, Chiv being only at 66, took lots of casting and tithing points but spamming divine fury helped there.

For Necro, I had to isolate my self in my house and hitting F2 that was tied to wraith form till about 70 then horrific beast till 99. Last one was bushido. That was a pain. but engage mob and cast lightning strike every click and It will get there.

Notice that accelerated skill gain scrolls were used to help those 3.

Enjoy
Mobidoy

Tectop

Journeyman
You can setup macro to keep lightning striking a horse over and over while casting chiv spells at the same time. Then go and watch some TV!

Same thing for gaining swords/tactics/anatomy by hitting a wolf spider with 100% poison weapon. You often see people just outside of Luna doing it.
Yeah I need to read more on miacrs I don't know how to sit one to do repeated over and over. But thank you for your input I'm going to look in the learning how to set set macros

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Here's what I recommend as a natural progression:

First. Make a crafter/imbuer. Loot as much magic junk as you can and drop them off in bags into your home. You need them to train imbuing. Eventually you will need 120 blacksmith, tailor, and imbuing for all your end game craftables.

What to hunt and why (from easiest to hardest). Anything medium difficult and above, I recommend bringing a friend or two the first few times.
EASY:
Tyball's shadow - get that Shroud of the Condemned. It isn't end game but its free stats. It's also fairly easy to get after you figure out how to get there.
Devourer of Souls - Go to the Abyss and farm this mini champ. Get your Animated Legs of Tinker.
Blackthorn Balrogs- get some black thorn artifacts. Get yourself a mace and shield helm. Fast gold and insanely fast respawn time.

MED DIFFICULTY:
Narvey - get a good lifeleech/manaleech/stam leech spider slayer. Solo it and learn the mechanics to solo it. Eventually you'll get a Tangle.
Champ Rat spawn. Get those PS scrolls. I hate getting raided though.
Champ Undead spawn. Get those PS scrolls. See above. I prefer this over the rat spawn. Less likely to get raided.
Medusa - Find a buddy. Learn the mechanics. Get the scales. Try soloing it. Now you know how to solo and earn a Slither. Slither has an awful drop rate though so good luck...I never got one.

HIGH DIFFICULTY:
Blackthorn captains - if you're good enough. They will always drop a blackthorn artifact. Some people prefer Paladins > Sampires for this.
Dreadhorn - get that Crimson Cinture. I hate those damn changelings but it gets easier the more you do it.
Chief Paroxysmus - Crimson Cinture and Swamp Dragon statue. It's a PAIN to get the keys.
Travesty - this is really tough. I did it for fun. It's not worth it to farm even after I figured out a secret mechanic to solo it "easier"
Corgul - get that sash.

END GAME:
Roof. Join a party. Learn the mechanics. Get gud and then try soloing. Here you'll get the best legendaries, minax sandals, jumu's sacred hide, and end game talismans.

Following this method, I was able to get most of my end game gear. I mostly played "self found" but I cheated by buying a really good legendary armor with high resistances.

Last edited:

Tectop

Journeyman
Very nice write up and information.
Thank you so much for your details I will start working these very things

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Here's what I recommend as a natural progression:

First. Make a crafter/imbuer. Loot as much magic junk as you can and drop them off in bags into your home. You need them to train imbuing. Eventually you will need 120 blacksmith, tailor, and imbuing for all your end game craftables.

What to hunt and why (from easiest to hardest). Anything medium difficult and above, I recommend bringing a friend or two the first few times.
EASY:
Tyball's shadow - get that Shroud of the Condemned. It isn't end game but its free stats. It's also fairly easy to get after you figure out how to get there.
Devourer of Souls - Go to the Abyss and farm this mini champ. Get your Animated Legs of Tinker.
Blackthorn Balrogs- get some black thorn artifacts. Get yourself a mace and shield helm. Fast gold and insanely fast respawn time.

MED DIFFICULTY:
Champ Rat spawn. Get those PS scrolls. I hate getting raided though.
Champ Undead spawn. Get those PS scrolls. See above. I prefer this over the rat spawn. Less likely to get raided.
Blackthorn captains - if you're good enough. They will always drop a blackthorn artifact. Some people prefer Paladins > Sampires for this.
Narvey - get a good lifeleech/manaleech/stam leech spider slayer. Solo it and learn the mechanics to solo it. Eventually you'll get a Tangle.
Medusa - Find a buddy. Learn the mechanics. Get the scales. Try soloing it. Now you know how to solo and earn a Slither. Slither has an awful drop rate though so good luck...I never got one.

HIGH DIFFICULTY:
Dreadhorn - get that Crimson Cinture. I hate those damn changelings but it gets easier the more you do it.
Chief Paroxysmus - Crimson Cinture and Swamp Dragon statue. It's a PAIN to get the keys.
Travesty - this is really tough. I did it for fun. It's not worth it to farm even after I figured out a secret mechanic to solo it "easier"
Corgul - get that sash.

END GAME:
Roof. Join a party. Learn the mechanics. Get gud and then try soloing. Here you'll get the best legendaries, minax sandals, jumu's sacred hide, and end game talismans.

Following this method, I was able to get most of my end game gear. I mostly played "self found" but I cheated by buying a really good legendary armor with high resistances.
Wow, Excellent. I already have most of these items ( Thanx to Miasma Lvl 6 Fel T maps that sell like hot bread) but, I will most likely follow those exact same steps. Anyway, my 2 bros just joined back also ( a week ago ) and they will have sampire too so, why not help them with items.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*twitches spasmodically at the mention of Tinker Legs*

I did over 60 renowned Devourer runs with no legs drop. I've done roughly the same amount of Medusa runs and got 2 Slither drops. I finally broke down, bought the legs on Atlantic, and transferred them over.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*twitches spasmodically at the mention of Tinker Legs*

I did over 60 renowned Devourer runs with no legs drop. I've done roughly the same amount of Medusa runs and got 2 Slither drops. I finally broke down, bought the legs on Atlantic, and transferred them over.
I must have luck on my side. I got one in less than 20 runs. Didn't bother getting more after that. Certainly isn't efficient by any means, but I was broke and new at the time.

You probably got lucky with the Slither drops. I recall hearing it was somewhere around 1 in 100?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Tabin can you please give me a breakdown of your weapons for the roof? I've asked @BearCorpse for his weapons, but I haven't heard back from him. Thanks in advance!
For sure!

Ozy - no slayer weakness. Bladed staff with HML HSL HLD plus two flexible slots.
Ozy spawn - dragon slayer cold dble axe HML HSL plus two flexible slots
Demon slayer cameo bonus.
Switch to bushido mastery if you already killed Juonar/Virtubane

Juonar - Undead slayer. 100% Fire. HML HSL plus 2 flex slots.
Cold dragon slayer dbl axe for the skel dragon.

Virtubane - no slayer. I use repond slayer (for spawn) HML HSL 100% Cold + 2 flex slot. Repond Cameo bonus.

Anon - ele slayer when transformed. Bladed staff HML HSL HLD. Have two weapons with different elemental damage.
Repond slayer dbl axe for spawn. Repond Cameo or elemental slayer bonus
Switch to bushido mastery if you already killed Juonar/Virtubane

I use the standard sampire build. Screen shots here:
Warrior Challenge: Solo Roof

If you're on Atlantic, hit me up. I'm always looking to take players into roof and two-manning it.