• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire in Doom

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello

I've never been to Doom. Even the old one. I simply started playing UO like 3 years ago, so i didn't find good reason to go there. Until now. I'd like to prepare everything the best i can so i've got a few questions about using a sampire down there. Every tip will be really apreciated.

My temp is:
sword 120, tact 120, parry 120, bush 120, anat 100 chiv 78 and necro 99

My suit gives me:
75/73/71/72/77, 150 hp, 189 stam, 61 mana, 45 hci, 20 ssi, 45 DI, 45 LMC and 5 DCI (counter strike all of the time), 30 HLD

I usually use 100 HML bladed staves for AI with HSL, slayer/super slayer, DI and HLD/HLA or double axes for whirlwind HML, HSL, DI, slayer/super slayer, Hit Area. Sometimes i use 100% elemental so 81 hml or just 100hml instead

I am effective at spawns, mini champs, some peerless, most of regular and named monsters

The most important questions:

1. Can i be effective in doom without resisting spells?
2. How to put resist spells - instead of anatomy or instead of necro wich will make me to resign from one weapon slot cause of having to imbue hll?
3. What tactic/weapon do You use at doom bosses/DF? Double strike or AI? Whirlwind the spawn?
4. I usually use bush mastery to gain 15 mana but i can also use sword one to onslought. Wich one would You prefer?
5. Do You have any other tips/advices You'd like to share?

Thanks in an advance
Li

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I strongly suggest resist over anatomy for that fight. All it will take is one badly timed blood oath for you to kill yourself.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The most important questions:

1. Can i be effective in doom without resisting spells?
2. How to put resist spells - instead of anatomy or instead of necro wich will make me to resign from one weapon slot cause of having to imbue hll?
3. What tactic/weapon do You use at doom bosses/DF? Double strike or AI? Whirlwind the spawn?
4. I usually use bush mastery to gain 15 mana but i can also use sword one to onslought. Wich one would You prefer?
5. Do You have any other tips/advices You'd like to share?

Thanks in an advance
Li
1 & 2. You can but I would swap Parry for it if you are worried about Blood Oath. There is nothing down there that is worth worrying about being hit by.
3 & 4. Onslaught and Double Strike on everything. You can Whirlwind on the Dark Father to kill the spawn. Some people are also using Hit Fire Area.
5. Your build is fine as it is. Tough you will need to use Double Axes in almost all of the rooms as they put in a no AI mechanic on several of them. I'd recommend using Double Axes on everything down there anyway. You may need to consider upping Chivalry for more reliable Cleanse By Fire on Flesh Renderer's.

Fwoosh

Visitor
Your build is perfectly fine. I run one very similar but not a sampire. I run healing instead of Necro and i can kill everything. If you're worried about Blood Oath you can just run away from the DF for a second then eat an enchanted apple to get rid of it. Also onslaught DS is the best option for 90% of bosses with a 100% ele weapon it will do the most damage and even with 87% HLL you're going to be hitting twice with DS so you can get double healed.

I have to ask though how did you get 37 extra skill points on your gear?

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for Your replies. I'll try without resists and we'll see. I love parry and evasion so i won't replace it. I like stronger hits so i won't replace anatomy. Replacing necro is my favourite bet but before i will get some cameos i need a slayer on a weapon, so fitting hll will mean replacing hit area wich i really like at spawns.

I've got +12 on a ring, +15 on a brace and duelist's edge (+10 anatomy)

Fwoosh

Visitor
Ahh that makes sense. The easy way to get the slayer on a weapon and still have your leeches you need is to buy vendor bought DA's with no DI. You can run 3 leeches, slayer, and then your hit spell (either a single target spell like fireball or hit area effect spells). Ideally you'd want to have 2 different weapons for spawns. One for the spawning portion of it with Hit Area and then one you switch to for the boss with a hit spell on it.

So something you might want to work on is getting 100 (or as close as you can to 100) DI on your suit. You can do this by having 25 DI on both ring and bracelet, then you can get 20 on a Jumu's Sacred Hide, 20 from your Duelist's Edge, and then 10 from Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker. That will get you to 100 DI on your suit.