• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Help & Questions

My biggest struggle is lag. I live in the middle of nowhere so I am lucky if I have 2 down and .89 up. But I manage. I have a sampire that does well, but struggle with things like champ spawn bosses. I need my toon to be setup the best possible and then pray as I by the time I see I might be at half health I am probably already dead. So....

If I do an undead spawn for instance I easily go through the spawn. Then I get to boss. Sometimes its simple and others I walk up and I am at 42 hits the second I approach. I am assuming I was hit multiple times and lag got me, but I just don't know. Often times I'll bring in my tamer for the champ, but really want to manage this.

Is it possible to get max DCI, 100 DI (without weapon), 20 ssi, 200+ stam, max hci on a suit? I've played in a spreadsheet with artis, legendary and imbued (reforged) and can't seem to achieve that. If you can do this please tell me which artis where. I've tried by swapping different glasses, or robe, etc...

If this isn't possible what is the strategy (I know they will vary). Do I max DCI over HCI? Do I put both at 40ish?. I know I can make up for HCI/DI/SSI on weap, but really don't want too. I am getting 75 additional skill points from jewels which have some of the hci, ssi, di so jewels are the most difficult for me to change.

As for general play. Are you spamming evade, confidence, etc...? Is there timing/logic (remember I am usually behind the game so my current strat is to try and keep them ready).

And lastly... I can be fighting something and it just stops. Why? I tested on some single targets just to be clear. I will engage and hit AI, it activates, I hit, I engage AI, rinse repeat. About 20 seconds of this and then it engages and nothing at which point I realize my toon is just standing there with full stam and all. I try and target and nothing. I have to take a few steps then come back and target. This kills me often because I don't realize it stopped hitting and we all know if a sampire isn't hitting its dying.

I know the answer is to get internet that is worth a damn but I've tried to bribe every company out there and currently losing that battle. So how do I maintain, max DCI (which helps) while not sacrificing HCI, SSI, DI.

Worth noting I have many decent weapons and rarely struggle with mana and/or stam. I am at least willing to sacrifice some LMC/MR/SR to test if I can get to max with artis that lack those.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I only run 20 defense chance increase. I honestly don't know anyone personally that runs higher than 25 dci on their Sampire although I've heard some people do. I want to trigger my parrying skill instead of not getting hit. A lot of the bushido skills are triggered by parrying which is why people don't usually run more than 25 dci. You do want 100 damage inc and max hit chance increase without a weapon if you can. That allows you to use those imbue slots for something else. As far as ssi goes it's really based on how much stamina you have. You need to use a ssi calculator to make sure you are swinging at max speed. I have 190 stam so I don't need a lot of ssi. If you have less stam then you need more ssi. I use the enhanced client which has an auto attack anything I target option. So as long as I'm in combat mode and it's targeted I'll be swinging.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I'm clearing a spawn I normally have confidence running. Evasion I only use on tough targets that are spellcasters and there is a cooldown on evasion so I'll either have confidence or counter attack running in between. It all depends on what you are fighting. I run a high parry and bushido build so I use counter attack with armor ignore a lot on bosses. Again everything is situational and Sampires are extremely gear dependent. So there is no one size fits all answer to your question. I used to run a lot higher Chivalry but no longer need to because I have a lot better gear. Your char will evolve over time as you get better gear.

Thanks. I just recently decided to change it up and raise parry to 120 and not quite there yet. Hopefully this will make a diff and won't need DCI as you mention. I do have 204 stam, but I am constantly in the low 100's with a mix of studded/plate. I use stam leech weaps which brings it back but it does bounce a lot, hence I wanted the SSI.

I too use EC with auto attack and the problem still exists. I can only imagine it has to do with my poor connection. Although you'd think that even if I completed disconnected it would continue attacking the select target.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had similar issues running off wifi, if you are on wifi get some cat8 cable and run wired. Run one from PC to router and replace one from router to modem as well. Plate armor decreases stam loss very nicely, 5 pieces put you at max stam loss so you can run one studded. 180 stam and 20 ssi is all that is needed to swing max with double axe, so you can use jewels and not have SSI on weapon. Low dci is good with samp so you parry more, you can toggle counter attack then double strike and get two double strikes for the price of one when it goes off.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For more posts on Stratics regarding Sampire knowledge, mechanics, suits, etc... , I suggest visiting the Warrior sub-forum, here: UO Warrior

Here are some comments on suit built:
Assuming you're going to be using Double Axes - you should be going for 180 Stamina and atleast 35% Swing Speed Increase. This should have you swinging at max speed with a moderate amount of protection to go as low as 150 stam.

Next is LMC. Do you want 55 LMC? Then go for studded / bone pieces. Can you live with LMC in the 40's but have more stamina protection? Then go for plate and ring.

As far as artifacts go, I use Captain John's Hat, Tinker Legs, Jumu's Hide, Corgul's Sash, a Conjurer's Garb in form of a Blackthorn Epaullette and have a full set of Cameo's. Other pieces are a mix of Plate and Ring for the stamina protection. The Plate/Ring is refined so that all resists are 75. I have 45 LMC and 25 DCI. I make up for other needs on my jewels.

By having Slayers on the Cameos and Damage Increase at 100% without needing it on weapons, I am able to have a full set of 100% Elemental Double axes which I can Imbue with whatever five properties I need for various scenarios.

Here is my skill build:
100 Swords (I get to 120 with the Capt John Hat)
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Resist Spells
100 Necromancy
080 Chivalry

There is alot of things you can do with this build. Want more damage output? Trade Anatomy for Resist Spells or Chivalry. Want more defense? Up Parry and Resist Spells to 120. Need more mana? Use the Level 3 Bushido Mastery and benefit from the +mana passive. Need a little more HCI, DCI and DI? Run the Swords mastery for the passive bonus that includes those and have an excellent Mastery special in Onslaught. Everyone has a different opinion on what the best skill set up is - find a mix that works for your play style.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately there are so many variations on what people think a Sampire should be and the gear they should use. It gets very confusing because everyone disagrees on many things. I only run 20 ssi and it's not on my weapon. I also use plate armor for the stam loss protection you get from it. Some like studded/bone for the higher lmc. But I find I do just fine with 45 lmc and the special move mana discount from my skills. I also run real 120 swords skill to get the maximum benefit from the mastery. When I had lesser gear I ran lower parry and higher chivalry. Now I find I don't need Chiv so much.

My build:
120 Swords
120 Tactics
105 Bushido (120 with +15 on imbued jewelry)
105 Anatomy or resist (120 with +15 on imbued jewelry)
105 Parry (120 with +15 on imbued jewelry)
100 Necromancy
65 Chivalry