• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Sampire Help plz

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been making a new char for sometime but have got lost with the sampire template

my skills thus far are at 720
bush 85
anatomy 100
tacts 100
sword 85
parry 100
resist spell 100
necro 40

chiv and focus share the rest at 55/50 ish

my stats are strength 55 ..dex 92.. and int 66

whats gonna be the best overall template...i know i need raise necro to 100?? what needs droping..obvoius al the gm skills need to be at least 110/115

and whats best cheapest suit i should be looking for thats not gonna explode the bank book....fey leggings i'm told are good leggings.

any tips help would be great

K

King Frankie

Version one:

Mace Fighting 120.0 120.0
Magic Resistance 120.0 120.0
Parrying 120.0 120.0
Anatomy 100.0 100.0
Tactics 97.0 90.0
Chivalry 75.0 65.0
Necromancy 65.0 65.0
Spirit Speak 40.0 40.0

Str 122 101 (+21)
Dex 115 110 (+5)
Int 44 44

Version two:

Anatomy 120.0 120.0
Magic Resistance 120.0 120.0
Tactics 105.9 105.9
Necromancy 100.0 100.0
Swordsmanship 120.0 100.0
Chivalry 75.0 65.0
Spirit Speak 60.0 60.0
Mysticism 64.1 49.1

Str 113 112 (+1)
Dex 106 88 (+18)
Int 55 55

Version two is using faction items version one is not. all the slayer weps you can have and a knowledge how to play the char.

Chivalry is high cus you dont wanna fail enemy of one and sacred journey that much and yeah the itty bitty 10 points make a huge diffrence when it comes to wasting tighting points been there done that ended up many times without any point cus spammed spells to much lol :D

If you need to know what gear i use just ask and ill show you. Ill be on all evening today.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As King Frankie did post some interesting variants, i just post standard version here. The first one seems to be necro samurai and not exactly a sampire.
He seems to use a lot of additional skillpoints to make the chars better for pvp.

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anatomy
99 necro
61 chiv

Thats the general idea. Would try to stick to it until you know better. People run a lot of variations of this .
He is right about chiv, 70 or 75 are nice to have. If you need resists, replace either parry or anatomy with resist.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As King Frankie did post some interesting variants, i just post standard version here. The first one seems to be necro samurai and not exactly a sampire.
He seems to use a lot of additional skillpoints to make the chars better for pvp.

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anatomy
99 necro
61 chiv

Thats the general idea. Would try to stick to it until you know better. People run a lot of variations of this .
He is right about chiv, 70 or 75 are nice to have. If you need resists, replace either parry or anatomy with resist.
Yeah this is basic. Personally i have chiv at 65, Very helpful for a sampire, but im thinking about removing it. But if you are rolling with a basic inexpensive suit keep chiv.

Majic Resist skill is a personal choice. I dont use it, but i dont even use stat potions unless its a peerless. I really wouldnt use 120 tho, id probably use more like 80, 120 doesnt make a huge difference for a sampire in pvm. If you didnt know already, use a few peices of woodland armor with hit chance if you have or know a carpender. For a low cost suit, yes fey legs would be best, with quiver of infinity. That will free up jewel space, even a slot if your satisfied with 40 dci.

Weapon skill you really want to have 120, 110s are fine in the other skills. Id go with Macing if you want to keep cost as low as possible. Black staff or tetsubo is a nice choice. Or you could go fencing with a leafblade. But theres not much choice, if any, in whirlwind weapons.

Go elf. Only base intellect, about 60 mana is fine. Really try to get dex to at least 165. Optimally you want to get it to 180plus.

K

King Frankie

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anatomy
99 necro
61 chiv

Thats not really true my sampires with diffrent skills etc are for solo taking down champs and one is just for harrowers. I see your template as for new players that hasnt been around alot done what ive done seen what happens when the skills are really needed. Always have 120 resist regardless what anyone else say. I use wraith form to always have mana and the spell curse weapon to always heal me the heal i get from the actual spell is 10 times more effective then your version of a sampire. And as a counter i can armor ignore 4 out of 5 hits tell me how many do you do? infact ill say 8/10 to make it simple so if you count that toward DPS against a boss i kill it aprox 4 times faster then a pure sampire. And yeah that can be needed if you dare to enter a champ spawn but if you wanna glide on the trammel way im sure your template is the bomb.

Afaik you never pvp in wraith form unless you can wither. eh?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one question ......why not swords???..... i can swop to mace or fencing as ive got all 3 soulstoned at 100 and can work on any of the 3 to 120 skill...

why is mace the better option???

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not really true my sampires with diffrent skills etc are for solo taking down champs and one is just for harrowers. I see your template as for new players that hasnt been around alot done what ive done seen what happens when the skills are really needed. Always have 120 resist regardless what anyone else say. I use wraith form to always have mana and the spell curse weapon to always heal me the heal i get from the actual spell is 10 times more effective then your version of a sampire. And as a counter i can armor ignore 4 out of 5 hits tell me how many do you do? infact ill say 8/10 to make it simple so if you count that toward DPS against a boss i kill it aprox 4 times faster then a pure sampire. And yeah that can be needed if you dare to enter a champ spawn but if you wanna glide on the trammel way im sure your template is the bomb.

Afaik you never pvp in wraith form unless you can wither. eh?
Just by looking at the numbers of your templates, i can tell that you know what you are talking about.
Next, the guy asking the question is one that has no idea about warrior pvm or even imbuing, he only plays mages and idoc hunters.

Something very very advanced and refined like your templates does not help him. Because he just does not know how to use them.

Just as a note, i didnt criticize your templates at all, they are VERY interesting. I did just guess he is better off with a basic version until he knows what he does. So stop the forum player killing please.

Btw, i do not even use that build i did post, but i think its the easiest one to get a new warrior started.

Oh and another edit, if you use wraith form, its not a sampire anymore. Its even more op if played right.

K

King Frankie

You do not teach a child to crawl you teach it to walk so why go for the easy way out?

I know you did not critisise my templates cus that would just be foolish and im pretty sure you aint since you know how to formulate a sentence.

My attitude comes when i see lazy people trying to achive something that in the end just will end up in disaster so teach but teach it right.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
King Frankie I agree players coming to stratics should be given good advice and taught the right way which doesn't always happen here on UO Stratics Forum..especially the Warrior Forum.

On the other hand a player has to start somewhere and there is obviously going to be a learning curve given the Ops initial post. What best suits one player may not best suit another player. The player can always alter the template later on to suit his or her needs. And certain skills are better having in dealing with certain spawns or bosses. There is no cookie cutter template. I regularly stone off and on skills depending on the spawn or boss.

Neither of your templates have Bushido therefore neither of the two templates you posted above are a Sampire.

You statement about having 120 Resists is false..you don't always need 120 Resist. There are many situations where having Resists isn't warranted and your much better off having 120 of something else. Merkatus Spawn is a prime example where 120 Magic Resist is going to provide you with very little benefit. There are many others again it depends on the situation.

Neither is having Anatomy a must. Having Anatomy is nice and a bonus but the damage bonus can be so negligible in some situations that putting 120 points into is just not wise.

Where there is little danger of death having 120 Anatomy is nice. Where there is a high risk of death it's usually not wise to have 120 Anatomy. In situations where there is a high change of death your most likely going to be better off loading up on defense in the form of 120 Parry or 120 Resists.

Swordsmanship is the best overall melee skill in the game.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Madrid, i agree with all your post except in this thing. I run a sampire too, and the best weapon for a sampire is the leafblade without any doubt. In a stadistic way , its the best weapon , but in real game is better hehehe.

It does a really decent damage with a 1,25 swing with low SSI that can be at suit and dont need to me imbued at the weapon ( ranger cloak + ssi riing , and if could tinker legs but not must a have for this ), If you reach 20 ssi at suit only need 120 stam to swing at 1,25 or 150 stam if have 10 ssi only, so it elaves all 5 mods for fighting reason.

But the best reason for this weapon is the FEINT MOVE, that allow you to receive half damage for about 4-5 sec, so you ca be fighting and receiving 50% damage at all combat :D

But thats for me, like you said not all people like the same hehe, and there will be people that prefer doing much damage and receive more damage. :scholar:

K

King Frankie

King Frankie I agree players coming to stratics should be given good advice and taught the right way which doesn't always happen here on UO Stratics Forum..especially the Warrior Forum.

On the other hand a player has to start somewhere and there is obviously going to be a learning curve given the Ops initial post. What best suits one player may not best suit another player. The player can always alter the template later on to suit his or her needs. And certain skills are better having in dealing with certain spawns or bosses. There is no cookie cutter template. I regularly stone off and on skills depending on the spawn or boss.

Neither of your templates have Bushido therefore neither of the two templates you posted above are a Sampire.

You statement about having 120 Resists is false..you don't always need 120 Resist. There are many situations where having Resists isn't warranted and your much better off having 120 of something else. Merkatus Spawn is a prime example where 120 Magic Resist is going to provide you with very little benefit. There are many others again it depends on the situation.

Neither is having Anatomy a must. Having Anatomy is nice and a bonus but the damage bonus can be so negligible in some situations that putting 120 points into is just not wise.

Where there is little danger of death having 120 Anatomy is nice. Where there is a high risk of death it's usually not wise to have 120 Anatomy. In situations where there is a high change of death your most likely going to be better off loading up on defense in the form of 120 Parry or 120 Resists.

Go fight a harrower and remind me what you said again.

And raistlain my brother, dont teach them everything at once let em find out "some" on their own.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daisho has feint.

There's not a job I haven't been able to do using my radiant scimitar or my double axe. I've tested Daisho's and Leafblade of Ease but they haven't performed as well my weapons of choice against the toughest 160s.

Lots of players advocate Leafblade because of the damage reduction from feint. I'm not one of them.

I've experienced more success using my radiant scimitar in tandem with counter strike than I have using a Daisho or Leafblade.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go and fight shimmering on one of the 2 templates you did post...
And Travesty.

Without Bushido I've venture to guess that little Frankie would get his head handed to him against a number of 160's using either of those templates.

There's not a doubt in my mind little Frankie has someone standing behind him healing him as he fights some of these monsters he 'knows' so much about.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daisho has feint.

There's not a job I haven't been able to do using my radiant scimitar or my double axe. I've tested Daisho's and Leafblade of Ease but they haven't performed as well my weapons of choice against the toughest 160s.

Lots of players advocate Leafblade because of the damage reduction from feint. I'm not one of them.

I've experienced more success using my radiant scimitar in tandem with counter strike than I have using a Daisho or Leafblade.
But you tend to use curse weapon if i remember right. That makes things a bit different.

K

King Frankie

And Travesty.

Without Bushido I've venture to guess that little Frankie would get his head handed to him against a number of 160's using either of those templates.

There's not a doubt in my mind little Frankie has someone standing behind him healing him as he fights some of these monsters he 'knows' so much about.
I have fought everything you can fight in this game including guards. :sleep2:

Bushido can be good yes but i removed the from the equation due to that dont I need it and dont think i ever will. As you put it so fine with me having healers, well i might do on some situations but does that make my template or thoughts of template anything less then yours? nah dont think so. Now try to stay away from insults and show me why your template is better cus as i am small minded i cant see it (ironic). Or wait i dont care what you say i rather wanna see your timeframe of killing various bosses that will make this thread even better and please include how many "healers" mates you have with you.

Ill make it even better for you lot ill actully record when im fighting a boss of choice lets take medusa shes an nice example of dps. If i have the time tonight ill record it and post here.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you tend to use curse weapon if i remember right. That makes things a bit different.
Yeap. I definitely advocate the use of Curse Weapon and having Spirit Speak on a sampire template. Then alternating Anatomy, Parry, or Magic Resistance depending on the task at hand.

King Frankie...

Without the benefit of Honor, Perfection, and critical hits I find it hard to believe your dealing out large damage.

Sounds like your tactics is Wraith form spamming AI which can also be effective.

Post up a video of you soloing Bedlam from start to finish and standing in toe to toe with Ilhenir or Solo'ing the Twisted Weald from start to finish.

If you can do either of those then you indeed have some skills and you'll have earned my respect and confidence.:thumbsup:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one question ......why not swords???..... i can swop to mace or fencing as ive got all 3 soulstoned at 100 and can work on any of the 3 to 120 skill...

why is mace the better option???

I suggested macing just because the 120 scroll is alot cheaper than fencing or swords. Ideally swords is the best for a high end sampire. I use swords, but have the extra swing speed increase from expensive items to be able to use an ornate, daisho is a great weapon too. Radiant for whirlwind.

How much gold are you planning on spending? You can make a decent suit for pretty cheap, maybe 6-10 mil, or even cheaper for a lower end suit. Top end suit will run maybe 120 mil (less with faction gear, much more with post imbued enhanced woodland armor)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies im gonna aim for this.....

120 weapon...
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anatomy
99 necro ..u need 99 for vamp.
61 chiv

Chiv at 70 or 75 are nice to have, buy u gotta sacrifice other skill like parry.

If you need resists, replace either parry or anatomy with resist.

If you didnt know already, use a few peices of woodland armor with hit chance if you have or know a carpenter.Try to get as much hit chance as possible 100% ideal. For a low cost suit, yes fey legs would be best, with quiver of infinity. That will free up jewel space, even a slot if your satisfied with 40 dci.

Go elf. Only base intellect, about 60 mana is fine. Really try to get dex to at least 165. Optimally you want to get it to 180plus.

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without the benefit of Honor, Perfection, and critical hits I find it hard to believe your dealing out large damage.

Sounds like your tactics is Wraith form spamming AI which can also be effective.

Post up a video of you soloing Bedlam from start to finish and standing in toe to toe with Ilhenir or Solo'ing the Twisted Weald from start to finish.

If you can do either of those then you indeed have some skills and you'll have earned my respect and confidence.:thumbsup:
Truth be told without Perfection its kinda difficult to fight mobs without slayer vulnerability. Mobs with slayer vulnerability though, you can easily cap the DI, so bushido not needed. All depends what you fight.

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And since i saw so many templates in here, as a sampire, i found the most success with:

resist 120
swords 100 +20(captain john)
bushido 100
parry 100
tactics 100
necro 100
ss 45 +15(brac)
chiv 55

Less dmg output cause of not having anatomy but he's hell of a survivor. He can even pvp as well if needed lol.

Can be Vampire for mobs with not much mana output and wraith form for mobs with huge mana pool for non-stop AI.

This based plain on Sampire-based template. I found the easiest mode to be wraith archer/throwers tbh though :p

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really try to get dex to at least 165. Optimally you want to get it to 180plus.
I believe dexterity is capped at 150, it's stamina you want to raise to 180+ for swing speed (but I assume most people have assumed that this is what was meant ;) )

K

King Frankie

I believe dexterity is capped at 150, it's stamina you want to raise to 180+ for swing speed (but I assume most people have assumed that this is what was meant ;) )
Think its 135 dex 180 stamina and you dont need to cap stamina there is no point in it at all just use weapons with low swing and you reached the same goal. 180 stamina is only used in archery or thats what i would go for atleast regardless what anyone else says. And wolah now you have more points to put into mana pool. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think its 135 dex 180 stamina and you dont need to cap stamina there is no point in it at all just use weapons with low swing and you reached the same goal. 180 stamina is only used in archery or thats what i would go for atleast regardless what anyone else says. And wolah now you have more points to put into mana pool. :)
Yeah i meant stam at 165, cap for dex is 150 (i use jewels -16, mace and shield -5 crimson cincture -5 basilisk hide breastplate -5, giving 156, which helps when you are cursed. With potions you can get even higher) I personally like the basilisk cause of the 5dci and damage eater, i run with 40, so i dont have to use few legs. Could use tangle instead of crimson, or slither. You can fit in alot more stats without them.

I like mace and shield over captain johns, because of testing i did, and the hit lower defence really helps you not miss.

I like having over 180 stam, just so if you get hit twice, you still have the swing speed of 150, so you can use the slow weapons, and with faster weapons you dont have to put ssi on them, which can be replaced with hit area spells plus hit spell (goes thru mobs you whirlwind really fast) or daisho you can put less ssi, or even none if you have alot of ssi gear. to open up weight for the other mods.

There are many many posts on sampires, templates, and gear for them on stratics if you want to find more info.

As for a template without bushido but with necro, its basically a necro warrior. The one i have has no chiv, but all fire/poison elemental weapons. I heal with 120 ss and when needed pots. All 100percent elemental weapons also lets you get away with no chiv on a basic sampire. Takes alot of crafting tho.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeap. I definitely advocate the use of Curse Weapon and having Spirit Speak on a sampire template. Then alternating Anatomy, Parry, or Magic Resistance depending on the task at hand.
The reason i do not use spirit speak on a sampire is, that i want to have things left that are hard to fight just for the challenge. I do not play for items or gold , just for distraction. But i must admit that what you are doing IS the most efficient way.

Wraith form and curse weapon can be easy mode (or god mode) if done right,not in bedlam or twisted weald perhaps, but against alot of things a plain sampire could have trouble with.

K

King Frankie

Yeah i meant stam at 165, cap for dex is 150 (i use jewels -16, mace and shield -5 crimson cincture -5 basilisk hide breastplate -5, giving 156, which helps when you are cursed. With potions you can get even higher) I personally like the basilisk cause of the 5dci and damage eater, i run with 40, so i dont have to use few legs. Could use tangle instead of crimson, or slither. You can fit in alot more stats without them.

I like mace and shield over captain johns, because of testing i did, and the hit lower defence really helps you not miss.

I like having over 180 stam, just so if you get hit twice, you still have the swing speed of 150, so you can use the slow weapons, and with faster weapons you dont have to put ssi on them, which can be replaced with hit area spells plus hit spell (goes thru mobs you whirlwind really fast) or daisho you can put less ssi, or even none if you have alot of ssi gear. to open up weight for the other mods.

There are many many posts on sampires, templates, and gear for them on stratics if you want to find more info.

As for a template without bushido but with necro, its basically a necro warrior. The one i have has no chiv, but all fire/poison elemental weapons. I heal with 120 ss and when needed pots. All 100percent elemental weapons also lets you get away with no chiv on a basic sampire. Takes alot of crafting tho.
Looks really nice to me but i have the resist to cope with curse and if you have chiv with fc and karma on the right side you can get out of that pretty quick. I see the swing cap to be a problem when you compare armor vs weapon i mean you could with little problem just add 5% extra swing to compensate for the stamina loss vs more mods on your armor. But i also see your point with the gear you use that you wanna have the stamina as high as possible.

Heres how i worked my suit out on one of my chars:

Totem
Glad collar
Quiver
Fey leggins
Carapace
Corgul sash
Crimson
Mana orb with dmg dci mr lmc

Rest of the parts has 5 stamina 8 mana 8 lmc and the resists needed cus of not being in faction. Heres the ring brace combination.

http://i56.***********/2py74oh.jpg

http://i55.***********/9k5ksi.jpg

Overall stats:

70 all resist including when in wraith form.
45 Hci
80% dmg increase
50 EP
40 lmc
45 dci and more.

Max hp 165+ stamina dex 80+ mana to have the ability to counter the lmc clock on specials.

And all weps have 25% or more swing wich also include HLD SL ML depending on slayer or not. The brace i will change soon to a imbued Jade armband.

Its an overkill suit with all the mods way over cap i know but i always want the best i can get. Fernadious and RaistlinNowhere can tell you that cus they play with me all the time.

Now ive shown what I use so respect that in the manner it was intended and try see that im only here to help.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah frankie, i have a ssi ring just like that but with dex instead of the ep, also have the ssi cloak. I really like the high damage weapons, but maybe will try out your template. I could get the extra 5 dci to cap me at 30 if i got the high seas expansion (the invasion one is ok too, but not for low level mobs (reduces hit spell on weapon)

I guess you solo all the stuff a basic sampire does, peerless and stuff? I can see armor ignore causing enough damage if you can consistently spam it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the help so far....

my char is coming on...

bush +86
anatomy 100 [resist spells 100 soul stoned]
tacts 100
fencing 100= 110 with dread pirates hat?? [mace 100 and swords 85 stoned]
parry 100
necro +70
chiv +60

Still gotta raise bush and necro to gm b4 im ready to start properly......

Nearly time to look for a better suit i guess for real action...been using a lrc suit to train necro, my freind jack is looking at a suit build...but any tips will be great...i know prices can vary greatly too.

king frankie suit
Totem
Glad collar
Quiver
Fey leggins
Carapace
Corgul sash
Crimson
Mana orb with dmg dci mr lmc

Rest of the parts has 5 stamina 8 mana 8 lmc and the resists needed cus of not being in faction. Heres the ring brace combination.

Overall stats:

70 all resist including when in wraith form.
45 Hci
80% dmg increase
50 EP
40 lmc
45 dci and more.

Max hp 165+ stamina dex 80+ mana to have the ability to counter the lmc clock on specials.

K

King Frankie

You shud go for same suit as mine i dont see anything else to be better IMO :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
frankie ....are u playing a sampire or the new mystasism rock/ rai char